Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Caught the 60minutes segment on it last night. Besides being terrible journalism, had people on who where for and against, but never actually asked them why they were for or against, it opened up discussion with the GF about the topic.

I'm anti, she'd always been for (without really considering in detail).

What do you think? I'm anti unless medically necessary, just think it should be the child's choice when they get to an age otherwise. Don't believe in religious exemptions either, but understand banning them might be impractical.

Funny you start a thread on this topic as only two nights ago I was scouring the internet on this very issue.
My thoughts...
Its a disgraceful act that should be made illegal.
To suggest a part of the body be removed to help decrease the chances of attracting aids, hiv etc. is ridiculous. There is no medical research can back up those claims either.
I've not circumsised and have never had any issues with infection, sexual displeasure or anything else.

Caught the 60minutes segment on it last night. Besides being terrible journalism, had people on who where for and against, but never actually asked them why they were for or against, it opened up discussion with the GF about the topic.

What do you think? I'm anti unless medically necessary, just think it should be the child's choice when they get to an age otherwise. Don't believe in religious exemptions either, but understand banning them might be impractical.
Have to agree on it being terrible, even less than tabloid, journalism.
It's a divisive subject at best, getting comment from morons to base it on is simply very poor, not getting them to justify their fringe opinions is purely sensationalism.
Andrew Olle's corpse must vomit every Sunday night.

Have to agree on it being terrible, even less than tabloid, journalism.
It's a divisive subject at best, getting comment from morons to base it on is simply very poor, not getting them to justify their fringe opinions is purely sensationalism.
Andrew Olle's corpse must vomit every Sunday night.
Was incredibly frustrating watching. Couldn't even ask the simple probing question. Amateur hour.

They rekon, when very sexually aroused, a male with everything intact, has the ability to get more out of it, than the male with bits discarded after being slashed off with a razor and put in a childrens hospital bin for some rat to eat on in the dumpster, when they were young.

You do need more hygiene when everything is where its suppose to be,also falling asleep in jeans and waking up with morring glory, can be painful

I'm against it, and have not seen any argument which sways me from that position. If adults choose to do it, it's a matter for them, but it should not be imposed on those too young to have any say in it unless it is required for a particular medical condition.

heh... for or against.. you have to pick a side -

haven't had it done and I wouldn't do it to any of my (theoretical) sons -

don't care if others do it to their sons -

When you are tied to your mother's apron no one ever talks about foreskin reclamation

Did you watch the Clive segment? "I don't think I have an ego". Good God Ray. Get off your knees 'fore you embarrass yourself.

I am against it as well and if you ever have a kid with your girlfriend you are the one with the penis so you should be the one that makes the decision.

If a boy wants to get a circumcision when he is 15 fine but giving him one when he is not capable of objecting is wrong.

When I was a child I was once told at the first sign of infection it was
Out with your tonsils
Out with your appendix
and off with your foreskin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't saved my arse!

Besides, I find condoms are far more efficient.
Condom didn't even save me once, really should've known better but hey when on a backpacking holiday and after half a bottle of absynth everyone and everything looks good.

Funny you start a thread on this topic as only two nights ago I was scouring the internet on this very issue.
My thoughts...
Its a disgraceful act that should be made illegal.
To suggest a part of the body be removed to help decrease the chances of attracting aids, hiv etc. is ridiculous. There is no medical research can back up those claims either.
I've not circumsised and have never had any issues with infection, sexual displeasure or anything else.

Well said. Anyone who says they're in favour, ask them to watch a procedure take place and listen to the scream. You are wilfulling torturing a helpless and definitely not consenting baby. I don't know how that can possibly be defended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back