City of Origin

Remove this Banner Ad

hawker19

Senior List
Jan 9, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Forget State of Origin, I thought I'd try and compile the best team of current players from the city where I live - Ballarat. While not all were born in Ballarat, they all were either drafted from this region after playing with either a local club, the Rebels or the Roosters. I think it's a pretty handy side although very light on in the ruck. Would be interested if any other country cities could match it? Obviously Geelong would have us covered, but I reckon we'd stack up pretty well against anyone else.

The team:

B: Jed Adcock (Brisbane), Michael Jamison (Carlton), Martin Gleeson (Essendon)

HB: Nick Suban (Fremantle), Nathan Brown (Collingwood), Troy Chaplin (Richmond)

C: Shaun Grigg (Richmond), Matthew Rosa (West Coast), Isaac Smith (Hawthorn)

HF: Clinton Young (Collingwood), Drew Petrie (North Melbourne), Adam Goodes (Sydney)

F: Jake Neade (Port Adelaide), Jeremy Cameron (GWS), Mitchell Brown (West Coast)

Rucks: Orren Stephenson (Richmond), Brad Sewell (Hawthorn), Brad Crouch (Adelaide)

Inter (from): Jordan Roughead (Western Bulldogs), Tom McDonald (Melbourne), Kyle Cheney (Hawthorn), Matt Crouch (Adelaide), Ricky Henderson (Adelaide), Daniel Nicholson (Melbourne), Seb Ross (St Kilda).

Forget State of Origin, I thought I'd try and compile the best team of current players from the city where I live - Ballarat. While not all were born in Ballarat, they all were either drafted from this region after playing with either a local club, the Rebels or the Roosters. I think it's a pretty handy side although very light on in the ruck. Would be interested if any other country cities could match it? Obviously Geelong would have us covered, but I reckon we'd stack up pretty well against anyone else.

The team:

HF: Clinton Young (Collingwood), Drew Petrie (North Melbourne), Adam Goodes (Sydney)

F: Jake Neade (Port Adelaide), Jeremy Cameron (GWS), Mitchell Brown (West Coast)

Rucks: Orren Stephenson (Richmond), Brad Sewell (Hawthorn), Brad Crouch (Adelaide)

Inter (from): Jordan Roughead (Western Bulldogs), Tom McDonald (Melbourne), Kyle Cheney (Hawthorn), Matt Crouch (Adelaide), Ricky Henderson (Adelaide), Daniel Nicholson (Melbourne), Seb Ross (St Kilda).

I'm not going to do a team as i genuinely don't have the time but the towns of Geelong and Fremantle would dominate this.

Good effort. I'd love to see if a Colac/Otway Ranges team would be viable but I don't have that sort of knowledge.

The team:

Good stuff mate!

I think Rosa is from Colac, and the team needs more Chip Frawley!

Not sure where Rosa is originally from but he played with the Rebels and was a student at St Patrick's College. Definite oversight not including Frawley - reckon he takes Chaplin's spot on Half Back flank.

Geelong team (not all from Geelong but the Falcons region)

B: N Maxwell (Coll), S Thompson (NM), S Higgins (WB)
HB: J Lewis (Haw), W Schofield (WC), L Hodge (Haw)
C: J Steven (StK), T Boak (PA), B Cunnington (North)
HF: A Christensen (Geel), J Brown (Bris), J Bartel (Geel)
F: D Smith (GWS), L Henderson (Carl), L Dahlhaus (WB)
R: J Walker (Geel), P Dangerfield (Adel), G Ablett (GC)
I (from): T Adams (Coll), L Delaney (StK), D Stanley (GC), J Pittard (Port), J Merrett (Ess), J Simpkin (Haw), S Dwyer (Coll)
E: L Taylor (Bris), E Curnow (Carl), N Foley (Rich), G Rohan (Syd)
Others to consider: L Thompson (Adel), D Gardiner (Bris), M Maguire (Bris), B Moloney (Bris), J Bews (Geel), B Smedts (Geel), D Lang (Geel), J Sheringham (Geel), N Bourke (Geel), J Taylor (GC), J McKenzie (Melb), C Delaney (North), M Wood (North), S Russell (Port), S Lloyd (Rich), J Saunders (StK), T Simpkin (StK), D Towers (Syd), A Cordy (WB), E Wood (WB)

If that's the case then Geelong is part of Melbourne too.

How so? Is Geelong considered part of Melbourne by pretty much every government agency?

Rockingham is probably not Perth and Mandurah isn't. Fremantle (and Joondalup up north) are Perth.

Most of the East Fremantle metropolitan zone is the City of Melville (where I also live) and if asked what city they lived in every in Melville would say Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team:

Michael Jamison? What are you doing here? You wouldn't believe it! Lets go to the bar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back