Past Clark 'Crackers' Keating (1992-2006)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: farewelling Crackers

0,,5268629,00.jpg

Crackers is likely to resurface at another club.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20545211-5003410,00.html

Did he say anything on Friday night? Anyone?

danielcanberra said:
Okay, who gave Crackers a hug last night?

A little one I must confess :eek:

I was at the feeling rather tearful stage of the night, around 3am at U Bar!! And we were talking to Mal Michael when Crackers came and joined us.

Had a brief chat and you can be sure we will see him pop up at a Victorian club next year. Where I have no idea and neither does he but expect him to be included in a trade somewhere this week.

John said:
Don't go to Collingwood Crackers. They think you are a hack:rolleyes:

The most recent post there is even worse.

Criticism of players is one thing (backed up by facts), but to describe them (especially of our Crackers) using offensive language is another.

:mad::thumbsdown:

Personally I hope they don't take him. I don't want to see him wearing the filth's coulours. It wouldn't surprise me however, because they have picked up a few of our players in the past.

Hopefully they continue with their pitiful ruck decisions. Josh Fraser will retire in 3 or 4 years because he has been asked to shoulder all the responsibility. And they will never win a premiership with the hacks they have playing 2nd ruck.

Warwick said:
Personally I hope they don't take him. I don't want to see him wearing their colours. It wouldn't surprise me however, because they have picked up a few of our players in the past.

Hopefully they continue with their pitiful ruck decisions. Josh Fraser will retire in 3 or 4 years because he has been asked to shoulder all the responsibility. And they will never win a premiership with the hacks they have playing 2nd ruck.

Shall we re-phrase?

We hope Crackers doesn't go to them. We don't want Crackers to be or feel 'rejected'. He's already had a big enough life changing disappointment to deal with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crackers watch

Why am I the only person maintaining a watch on our Crackers?

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/...rest-in-keating/2006/11/05/1162661552343.html

Magpies show interest in Keating

November 6, 2006

He tormented Collingwood in successive grand finals but now Clark Keating may follow the path of other former Lions Blake Caracella and Brad Scott in beating a path to the Magpies.

The de-listed Lions premiership ruckman underwent physical testing at Collingwood last week and hopes to be selected by the Magpies in the pre-season draft.

St Kilda also inquired about the three-time premiership ruck before Ross Lyon's appointment as coach, however the recruiting of Michael Gardiner put an end to the Saints' interest.

"I was down there last week and had a chat to them, went through the physical and everything else," Keating said on 3AW yesterday of his meeting with Collingwood. "It was a positive meeting, so I just have to wait and see what happens when they get back from Arizona and the pre-season draft if things happen there."

At 30, Keating is outside the criteria of player Collingwood has sought under recruiting manager Derek Hine, who has pushed for younger players in the draft and shunned older types in trades or the pre-season draft. Last year the club allowed Scott Camporeale to by-pass it in the pre-season draft and instead chose the young Sam Iles.

This philosophy would suggest Collingwood would be unlikely to recruit Keating, however if that were the case it seems a waste of time to bother meeting the player and giving him a physical.

Collingwood is certain to utilise its pick in the pre-season draft and has at least three other players, across a range of positions, it is looking at.

MICHAEL GLEESON

Re: Clark Keating (1993 - 2006)

Herald Sun

FINALS are upon us so let’s look at who have been the September kings over the past 20 years.

These are men who have made or enhanced their reputations with game-turning performances in the ultimate AFL pressure cooker.

Some, such as Mr September himself, Brisbane’s Clark Keating, defined their careers by producing when it mattered most.

Good to see Crackers get some love. :D One of my all time favourites.

AFL great gives nod to Gympie
The Gympie Times
Matthew Lee
10th February 2011

Keating, now 35, kicked off his career in 1992 with the then-named Under 19 Brisbane Bears. Hard work and persistence paid off in 1996 when he made his debut in Brisbane’s top side. “I hadn’t played in the senior ranks before then but I didn’t go in cold because I had trained with the squad and new what was involved at that level,” he said.
The Lions star was pleased to get a run and was keen to make the most of the opportunity after slogging it out for four years in the junior ranks.
“I managed to impress the coach and ended up getting 16 games that season,” Keating said.
“I remember bits and pieces of the game but it is a bit of blur these days,” he admitted.

clarkkeating.jpg

Keating to deliver first footy
10:32 AM Fri 25 Mar, 2011

Former Lions triple premiership ruckman Clark Keating will accompany the umpires out onto the field prior to this Saturday night’s season opener against Fremantle at the Gabba to deliver the ‘First Footy’ of the season.

keating.jpg

Re: Clark 'Crackers' Keating (1993 - 2006)

Gabba surface

Former Lions premiership ruckman Clark Keating said he missed an entire season because of patella tendonitis he attributed to the hardness of the surface.

Keating told AAP it was common knowledge at the club that a lot of injuries were caused by the firmness of ground.
"The cricket pitch caused a lot of injuries to players," Keating said.
"I missed a whole year which I mainly put down to the pitch."

clarkkeating.jpg

Link ....

"We'd basically tag Cox. We'd have two ruckman splitting time on the ground 50-50 and running with him. I'd hate to have had to have tried to do it alone," Keating said.
"You'd try and get forward yourself and be an attacking target but, by trying to keep Cox honest, you'd often just open it up for him.
"If you went forward and didn't get used and the ball was turned over, you'd think "oh sh*t, now I've got some chasing to do"."

keating.jpg

Cometh the finals, cometh the ruckmen
Michael Lovett
Footy Record

Clark Keating crashed and bashed his way through the best part of a decade for Brisbane, starting as a Bear in 1996 and finishing as a Lion in 2006 when his body was shot.

But he was a man for the big occasion when the Lions won three successive premierships from 2001-03. Keating was a role player in a team blessed with champions such as Michael Voss, Simon Black, Jason Akermanis, Nigel Lappin and an emerging superstar Jonathan Brown.

Most would not have Keating in that elite company, but his record in finals and playing in all three premierships for the Lions earned him the title 'Mr September'.

keating2.jpg

Link

Brisbane Lions' first ever team (1997):

Code:
[B]B:[/B]       Ben Robbins        Richard Champion     Danny Dickfos
[B]HB:[/B]      Michael McLean     Jarrod Molloy        Andrew Gowers
[B]C:[/B]       Matthew Kennedy    Adrian Fletcher      Nigel Lappin 
[B]HF:[/B]      Scott McIvor       Dion Scott           Michael Voss (c)
[B]F:[/B]       Darryl White       Alastair Lynch (c)   Chris Johnson
[B]R:[/B]       Matthew Clarke     Marcus Ashcroft      Shaun Hart
[B]I/C:[/B]     Justin Leppitsch   [B][COLOR="Red"]Clark Keating[/COLOR][/B]        Tristan Lynch

[B]Emer:[/B]    Nathan Chapman     Simon Hawking
         Scott Bamford      Shane Clayton

Keating to front Foundation

Three-time premiership player, and newly elected Chairman of the Brisbane Lions Foundation, Clark Keating, is calling on all members and supporters to help contribute towards the Club’s ongoing success. Keating replaced former Number One Ticketholder John Pearce as Chairman of the Foundation last month, and now heads a new-look Board that is determined to improve the Club’s sustainability.

Since his retirement as a player in 2006, Keating has developed an impressive post-football portfolio as a successful property developer with the Kenham Group in Brisbane. He was first approached to join the Foundation Board at the end of 2012, and after spending 12 months as a Director, was elected Chairman at their most recent Board meeting when Pearce officially stood down from the position.

“It’s a real honour to be named Chairman of the Lions Foundation,” Keating told lions.com.au. “When John Pearce revealed that he would be stepping down as Chairman, I told him that I was interested in nominating for the position as it’s something that I’m obviously passionate about. “John is one of Brisbane’s most successful and respected business identities and had done a terrific job in establishing the Foundation, but he felt it was time to get new people involved with fresh ideas. Thankfully he’ll be staying involved as a Patron of the Lions Foundation.”

Keating_Podium-hero.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back