Clarke Fined for Sledging Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

The only person he needs to talk to is the hypocrite who opens the bowling for him, simply don't dish it out if you don't have the ability to man up and cop it in return.
This whole issue would never have happened if not for him, hop Boof says thanks but no thanks if he does and Anderson cops it non stop in every match he plays and first bowl he faces is directed at his throat.

There's lots to dislike about this hybrid group of poms and south africans and all their cheating, pitch doctoring strutting arrogance . On that score I loved the chin music and by-play. Anderson richly deserves everything he got.

There's lots to dislike about this hybrid group of poms and south africans and all their cheating, pitch doctoring strutting arrogance . On that score I loved the chin music and by-play. Anderson richly deserves everything he got.

Again, and how are they different to other test nations exactly? Sounds just like everyone else to me.

The fact he used the word "fisticuffs" shows how out of touch Ian is.

What was out of touch about it?

He was right about one thing - show me the bit in the rulebook where it says you're allowed to be abused while batting. His solution is so simple - talk to the bowler during his run-up and see how much he likes it. I'm guessing it wouldn't be much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was right about one thing - show me the bit in the rulebook where it says you're allowed to be abused while batting. His solution is so simple - talk to the bowler during his run-up and see how much he likes it. I'm guessing it wouldn't be much.

Show me the bit in the rule book that says you need recording studio silence.

Also, if the batsman wants to call out to a quick while he is in his run up, I'm sure the bowler would welcome the fact that the batsman is not focused.

Show me the bit in the rule book that says you need recording studio silence.

Also, if the batsman wants to call out to a quick while he is in his run up, I'm sure the bowler would welcome the fact that the batsman is not focused.

He wouldn't welcome it if the batsmen did it 10 times in a row after he'd run 20 yards every time. That's what I'd do. I'd call it mental disintegration of the bowler.

How well do you think he would be prepared for some balls up at his throat if he was distracted by yelling out?

My money is on the bowler doing better than the batsman.

Its a ridiculous assertion tbh, talking to the batsmen while he is facing up will result in the umpire chatting the guy responsible. It's not done. All the chat happens between balls.

www.lords.org/mcc/laws-of-cricket/laws/law-42-fair-and-unfair-play/

There you go

4. Deliberate attempt to distract striker

It is unfair for any fielder deliberately to attempt to distract the striker while he is preparing to receive or receiving a delivery.

(a) If either umpire considers that any action by a fielder is such an attempt, at the first instance he shall immediately call and signal Dead ball and inform the other umpire of the reason for the call. The bowler’s end umpire shall

(i) warn the captain of the fielding side that the action is unfair and indicate that this is a first and final warning.

(ii) inform the batsmen of what has occurred.

Neither batsman shall be dismissed from that delivery. The ball shall not count as one of the over.

(b) If there is any further such deliberate attempt by any fielder in that innings, the procedures, other than warning, as set out in (a) above shall apply. Additionally, the bowler’s end umpire shall

(i) award 5 penalty runs to the batting side.

(ii) inform the captain of the fielding side and, as soon as practicable, the captain of the batting side of the reason for the action.

(iii) together with the other umpire report the occurrence as soon as possible after the match to the Executive of the fielding side and to any Governing Body responsible for the match, who shall take such action as is considered appropriate against the captain and the player or players concerned.

5. Deliberate distraction or obstruction of batsman

In addition to 4 above, it is unfair for any fielder wilfully to attempt, by word or action, to distract or obstruct either batsman after the striker has received the ball.

(a) It is for either one of the umpires to decide whether any distraction or obstruction is wilful or not.

(b) If either umpire considers that a fielder has caused or attempted to cause such a distraction or obstruction, he shall immediately call and signal Dead ball and inform the other umpire of the reason for the call.

(c) Neither batsman shall be dismissed from that delivery.

Additionally,

(d) The bowler’s end umpire shall

(i) award 5 penalty runs to the batting side.

(ii) inform the captain of the fielding side of the reason for this action and as soon as practicable inform the captain of the batting side.

(e) The ball shall not count as one of the over.

(f) Runs completed by the batsmen before the offence shall be scored, together with any runs for penalties awarded to either side. Additionally, the run in progress shall be scored whether or not the batsmen had already crossed at the instant of the offence.

(g) The batsmen at the wicket shall decide which of them is to face the next delivery.

(h) The umpires together shall report the occurrence as soon as possible after the match to the Executive of the fielding side and to any Governing Body responsible for the match, who shall take such action as is considered appropriate against the captain and player or players concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back