Media ClarkeM vs. croweater 41: A Battle Within the War

Remove this Banner Ad

This weekend sees the Wonders and the Demons face off in the Foundation Cup. With the last two Foundation teams facing off in their twentieth seasons, the clubs have dubbed the biggest Home & Away clash of all time. It has already been confirmed that as part of this contest, ClarkeM will line-up on croweater 41 from the first bounce. These two legends of the Wonders, and the league facing off, is set to be an enticing battle in what is already sure to be what is one of the Sweet FA's most intriguing matches of all time. I got the chance to interview the two of them regarding their history within the league, and of course, looking towards the weekend's clash. The following interview provides an interesting insight into the rivalry these two individuals and these clubs have shared.

First up, the boring stuff about club success. Then some quick stuff about personal success, before moving onto comparing the two of you.

What are both of your thoughts on the success of the Wonders throughout the club's 20 season history?

croweater 41: The wonders have been a crazy successful team. Success breeds hate and that's why so many of the others within the league dislike the wonders. In the time I was there it was ridiculous how successful we were I didn't even believe it.

ClarkeM: Well the answer is standing right in front of you :). But seriously, the Wonders were an okay club twelve seasons ago. When I came in, the place was lead by some complete *******s but thankfully with a strong list rebuild with Rick18 and Croweater 41, we were able to begin a successful campaign run. Season 12, 13, 15, 17 we made Grand Finals. A very good effort and one that will go unmatched with an unbiased or faulty simmer.

Best Wonders poster you have seen (you can answer yourself)?

ClarkeM: I think in terms of quality, a bloke by the name of Coopers I considered to be very very good. It's a shame he never got into it as much as the rest of us but every post he typed would leave you in stitches. Wise Guy Sam was good in his prime at the Wonders and even Duggan too. I won't put myself in the same category but I'd say I've been the Wonder's biggest poster over the time which is a modest representation of what I believe my character to be. Definitely not the best although I've had good seasons here or there but yeah, the biggest I would be for sure.

croweater 41: Rick18 when on song was a fantastic poster. ShaunDuggan and wise guy Sam were two other favourites of mine before moving on.

What are both of your thoughts on the success of the Demons throughout the club's 20 season history?

croweater 41: The demons have built a solid culture and reputation without having a great deal of on field success. I honestly went there because of I seriously respect not only the posters currently at the club but also the the culture they have built. Had they had the success of the wonders I am certain they would be disliked just as much.

ClarkeM: The Demons are successful due to Deestroy and Tarkyn_24 and even then, they aren't really at all that successful.

Best Demons poster you have seen (again, you can answer yourself)?

ClarkeM: Eth when he can be bothered is very good poster.

croweater 41: Currently FP past ebiac before he melted. (Beloved)

Do you consider the Wonders and Demons to be the clubs with the richest history (taking into account Premierships, posters, awards etc. etc.)? If not, who is?

croweater 41: Wonders and demons when you look at longevity and posting wise. Obviously with only one flag you can't say the demons have the richest history in that sense but they certainly haven't been embarrassed either. Wonders are number 1 for mine but then it could be out demons Hawks and furies for the next spots.

ClarkeM: Wonders absolutely. 4 unmatched premierships says it all plus, their winning culture has been impressive. Next, I'd go Hawks and even the Dragons. They have a rich history of being s**t so that counts. The Furies have a rich history of tampered results so probably can't put them in the same category sorry.

Do you consider the Wonders and Demons rivalry to be the greatest in the Sweet FA?

ClarkeM: Absolutely. No other clubs have such a rivalry and yet respect for one another. It's a Collingwood and Carlton type of rivalry and yet, it will never be toppled by any other clubs.

croweater 41: Yeah it's hard to argue against that.

Do you realistically think your club can win the flag this season?

ClarkeM: Absolutely. Just about any team still can.

croweater 41: Yes. Obviously I have not been on for some time and have no idea of any ladder positions but yes.

Do you realistically think your opposition this weekend can win the flag this season?

croweater 41: No. They can't win without me. They couldn't win with me for the last few :p

ClarkeM: No. They have Croweater_41.

croweater 41: I don't have an underscore or capital *

ClarkeM: Crow_eater41 please

Crowie, you've only been there briefly, but what is one thing the Demons do better than the Wonders? Clarkey, you were only a Demon briefly, but what's one thing the Wonders do better than the Demons?

croweater 41: Win. The demons know how to win with me in their team and I like it. Also they aren't as reliant on me to carry them week in week out

ClarkeM: We win better because we are better. We are a club that focuses on making players great and we're able to execute on that. Without me jumping ship to the Wonders, there would be no Croweater_41 in the league. There would be no 3 premierships across 5 seasons. There was a system in place in Season 10 and 11 which set the club up to be the very best on the field and to be the very best off the field.

Moving on now to personal success. What is the greatest honour you have receiveid in your qooty career?

ClarkeM: Hall of Fame is up there, especially given it was on the back of actually doing something for the league. Unlike Croweater_41's token addition to the club.

croweater 41: EKA and HoF are my two personal favourites. I mean I'm all for team success but hell I love a little personal glory.

ClarkeM: But the three premierships I consider to be a personal achievement too. Not many three-time premiership players going around. You love a personal glory hole.

croweater 41: * off Clarke. I earnt mine without sucking boncers dick. Actually also the 3 wins in one season was also great. Preseason minor and overall premiers was great. First team to do so and I captained it. Not Clarke. Me.

ClarkeM: You only earned yours because of me. You must have great flexibility for your personal glory hole. Does the sensation still feel the same though when the mystique of who you're blowing is gone and you're just performing self-fellatio?

Do you think there will be more honours to come? If so, how far are they away?

croweater 41: I'd expect to see another premiership added to the collection come end of season.

ClarkeM: I'll win the Mobbenfuhrer Medal.

croweater 41: More chance of boncer not rigging a season.

And because personal success is more entertaining when compared to another's personal success, let's get into the interesting stuff. This is where we will establish who has had the better career out of ClarkeM and croweater 41. Which one of you is the better Qooty player? Will this be the same when the end of your career arrives?

croweater 41: Stats will say Clarke. But he played midfield 80% of his career compared to my FF domination. We are two different players. It's like comparing Ablett Snr (me) to Ben cousins (Clarke the self confessed drug addict). I mean Clarke had to beg me to become captain of the wonders. Rick made the right choice leaving me in charge because I got rid of pacemaker and Kerrby and made the place that much better. Then Clarke thought he would ride on my coat tails which is nothing new at all. So I think I have him covered

ClarkeM: I will always be the better player. I will always be the better captain, leader, poster and overall player in the SFA than Croweater_41. For someone who has lived in the shadows for so long and has now gone into the depths of hell a.k.a. Mt. Buller, it's not hard to see how well it's worked out for him for me not to be carrying him.

Which one of you has played a bigger role throughout the Sweet FA during your careers?

ClarkeM: Well evidently myself given I gave Crowwy his start and entrance into the league and also get him back involved when he goes astray. Be hard to argue with that but I'm sure he'll have a go at it...

croweater 41: I was made captain of a club in my 3rd season. I led the team to two premierships. I led them to a clean sweep in one season. I have been an all round better bloke the Clarke. I take the chocolates yet again.

ClarkeM: ... lol. Would you be in the SFA if it wasn't for me? Now reconsider the question :)

croweater 41: You are getting delusional in your old age.

ClarkeM: But you're older than me...

croweater 41: Yes probably. I would be (in response 'Would you be in the SFA if it wasn't for me?'). You are lucky out of your 10000 messages to people one actually worked. No I'm not. Not in terms of sfa age dick.

ClarkeM: It was great having you under my wing. It's a shame you've slipped into my shadows and can't seem to accept leaving there.

SSwans2011: I Will give Crowie a chance to respond to that.

ClarkeM: If he wants to look like a flog, sure.

croweater 41: Under your wing? Is that why I just shot past you into captaincy and leadership roles while you were still playing in diapers?

ClarkeM: I lead you into those roles. Keeping a watchful eye of course to make sure you weren't mucking up and gave out plenty of advice from which you sought.

croweater 41: I never sought. You just gave me the advice. Then begged to be recognised for nothing. I gave into you because it was easier. Sort of like giving jobe the FF spot it was just easier so you stopped bugging me.

In terms of importance to the league throughout it's history, where would you rank yourself? Where would each of you rank each other?

croweater 41: Probably top 10 for both of us.

ClarkeM: I'd say Top 9 for me. Top 10 for Croweater_41.

You're set to line-up on each other this weekend - do you feel this is the most important one-on-one contest of this match?

croweater 41: Yes. Not that it will win or lose the match. But I mean look at us just in the last however long this interview has been. Of course this is important.

ClarkeM: Not particularly. I like a challenge. Croweater_41, I know all of his weaknesses and none of his strengths because he doesn't have any.

croweater 41: * OFF WOTH YOUR CAPITAL AND UNDERSCORE... WITH*

ClarkeM: Spelling is one of those weaknesses. Temper, the other.

croweater 41: I'm on my phone dick. Temper I have control over ;)

ClarkeM: That's a really cool story Croweater_41.

An obvious one here: Tip for the weekend's match? Also, best on ground?

ClarkeM: Us and me.

croweater 41: Demons by plenty and Cooney to piss off the wonders and get BoG

ClarkeM: He got traded...

croweater 41: When how?

ClarkeM: You really don't keep up with the news do you...

croweater 41: I mean really?

ClarkeM: Yep.

croweater 41: I haven't been on for ******* ages. Who for?

ClarkeM: Wooshette_ who is now Wooshy

croweater 41: <REDACTED>

ClarkeM: She got traded in and then FP delisted her after she made a racist comment to akkaps. 0 games.

croweater 41: Lol what a drop kick.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

ClarkeM: Crowwy, will you return to the league before or after Jack Watts wins the Brownlow?

croweater 41: Probably when I actually have some free time again I will join. I owe the demons so I won't be going anywhere. Hopefully they are kind enough to keep me on.

-------------------------------------------------

And there you have it. Two of the league's greats speaking out before the 20th season Foundation Cup coming up this weekend. Be sure to tune in, whenever RU_ decides to post it.

This interview may or may not have contained comments, which the interviewees requested be removed. Those requests may or may not have been rejected.

Last edited:

Pfft. Not even MOTR

How did you get Croweater 41 to talk? I thought he was dead:eek: - I couldn't get him to enter our match thread at all

With the last two Foundation teams facing off in their twentieth seasons, the clubs have dubbed the biggest Home & Away clash of all time
It's not even MOTR. Stopped reading then

It's not even MOTR. Stopped reading then

It's a disgrace. One of the biggest jokes in the history of the Sweet FA. Ungrateful rookie clubs for you.

It's a disgrace. One of the biggest jokes in the history of the Sweet FA. Ungrateful rookie clubs for you.
Call SFA radio, they'll listen to you.

Is this suppose to be a Carlton vs Essendon type "blockbuster"?

Big in a traditional sense, not in the context of the current season.

Funny when the minnows get an inflated sense of worth. This is much bigger than any Carlton vs Essendon type "blockbuster", boyo. Maybe you'll understand when your club has a history.

croweater 41 is a mercenariness scumbag who is not fit to be talked about in the same sentence as ClarkeM.
The only difference between us is 15~games and he has a FR medal whilst I have an EKA.

Same sentence would be fair. We have both done great things.

Btw I'm not dead just yet.

Funny when the minnows get an inflated sense of worth. This is much bigger than any Carlton vs Essendon type "blockbuster", boyo. Maybe you'll understand when your club has a history.
Our recent history has us a game clear on top of the ladder and us kicking your ass this season. Pipe down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only difference between us is 15~games and he has a FR medal whilst I have an EKA.

I contribute to the league though.

Our recent history has us a game clear on top of the ladder and us kicking your ass this season. Pipe down

Impressive for a minnow. Here, have a gold star.

ce16006_f.gif

One day you will get to play in matches as important as this. That day is not for a fair while yet, so bow before us, or get out of our league.

You pissed off. He didn't. Who gives a Juggs ballsack about your 'achievements'.

One day you will get to play in matches as important as this
In about 2 months when we win the S20 flag? I might give you a compo ticket so you can come watch

In about 2 months when we win the S20 flag? I might give you a compo ticket so you can come watch

Yawn. We've been resting players for months ahead of the biggest match of this season. Haven't even started planning for the S20 Grand Final yet. You expansion plebs just wait for when we actually decide to start our run for the flag. Remember where the Wonders came from to win their last flag in S17? Was your club even around then?

Yawn. We've been resting players for months ahead of the biggest match of this season. Haven't even started planning for the S20 Grand Final yet. You expansion plebs just wait for when we actually decide to start our run for the flag. Remember where the Wonders came from to win their last flag in S17? Was your club even around then?
So 3 seasons ago. Still using that outdated gameplan I see. Good luck even finishing in the 8

So 3 seasons ago. Still using that outdated gameplan I see. Good luck even finishing in the 8

What's gameplan? :drunk: You expansion teams use such funny words.

I prefer to look forward to the future rather than backwards in history, can't go back to win premierships in the past.

I prefer to look forward to the future rather than backwards in history, can't go back to win premierships in the past.
Wonders must wander back through memory wondering about what could have been. Missing out so much on the now

That's because you have nothing to look back on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back