Media ClarkeMedia Presents: The Naughty Corner

Remove this Banner Ad

... for clubs that have behaved badly.
Woman-Pointing-Her-Finger-006_display_image.jpg
Everyone knows I enjoy a good loophole or sometimes, even just a good hole here and there. I was inspired to make this thread because I know just how many people get sick of me making them, especially ones that serve little purpose. For that reason, I have opted to actually create one WITH some purpose (not very much) and that is to bring to the attention of the league, who the naughty teams in the league have been this season.

What this thread may actually accomplish is teams following the rules a bit more as they know that they will be named and shamed if they don't.

Team #1:
East Side Hawks.

The admin's very own team made a costly error in their Round 3 encounter with the 4-time* premiership team, the Furies. They wanted to move ryan_seb to the BP however, the team sheet told a different story with Ryan_Seb suiting up to play on the Half Forward Flank. This was a direct rule violation and although quite clearly an honest mistake and very avoidable, it has earned the Hawks one warning for incorrect team submission.

East Side Hawks Official Team Sheet!!!!!!1!

B: scaryness - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr - HawkAussie
HB: GutsyBug - Ashton Agar - Tiger_man322
C: DV2000 - Mr Eagle (c) - jackenny
HF: Clint Beastwood - Tarkyn_24 (c) - ryan_seb
F: Gentlemen - okeydoke7 - Dagless
R: larrikin - Citroin - Itsmyshow

Int: JT_the_Man - Pie in the Sky

Changes...because boncer34 likes changes.
Tiger_man322 BP > HBF
DV2000 FB > W
WaLkEr_ThE_StAr BP > FB
ryan_seb HBF > BP
Citroin W > RR
Gentlemen W > HFF
scaryness HFF > BP
jackenny HFF > W
HawkAussie FP > BP
Itsmyshow RR > RO
Clint Beastwood RO > HFF
JT_the_Man OUT > INT
MightyDons4 INT > OUT

Team #2:
Dragons FFC

After the biggest coup in SFA history, the Dragons made an honest mistake in their Round 3 away clash with the Roys FFC. The SFA rules had been updated recently and one thing that had been cleverly snuck in was that teams must, when stating position changes, put the name of their player and their previous position as well as their new position. The Dragons had an unfortunate slip-up here which may have been the result of a lack of changes in Round 2 which would mean it was their first attempt at positional changes this season. Unlucky for them, they have been hit with one warning for incorrect team submission.
Dragons FFC Official Team Sheet

B: Guardian Hawk, Noobz0r, LCynic
HB: Deddy, Filthy Sanchez, roo2macca
C: Andonis1997, chefmeister, jenny61_99
HF: HARPSichord, Gee Dub, Ljp86
F: PVF, boncer34, BlueMaster1
Foll: Hate, The Filth Wizard, Danoz
I: Pie4Life, Moo

Reserves: Determinant, Jatz , Big Red Machine

Changes:

Pie4Life to Interchange
Determinant to Out (Reserves)
Jatz to Out (Reserves)
TheMase to Out
roo2macca to HBF

boncer34 brahj

Team #3:
Baghdad Bandits

After losing their captain, it was either Shermy or Beng stepping up to the plate however, there wasn't really big shoes to fill. Beng was doing a fine job until Eth-dog named the team for the week and accidentally left out a positional change between I bleed Blue and NotSoLileasy in the back pocket. Simple mistake to make and a warning has been handed to the Bandits for their misbehaviour.
Official Team Sheet Baghdad Bandits

FB: ThePuppetMaster, beez, NotSoLileasy
HB: Squishy, eth-dog, Frothies Mcveigh
W: sausageroll, Shermy, @Aussie Assault
HF: Don Draper, van peebles, BrewSmackerVeiny
FF: JoshWoodenSpoon, loopy_cam, Shermanator
R: Bigeasy, cammo6556, Bengwatkins
Int: Stratton Gun, Jimmy1992

Changes:

JoshWoodenSpoon W > FP
loopy_cam BP > FF
ThePuppetMaster FP > BP
Bengwatkins FF > Rov
sausageroll Rov > W
.​

Penalties ladder:

Team | Warnings | Points Deducted
\Dragons FFC | 2 | 3
\East Side Hawks | 1 | 0
\Baghdad Bandits | 1 | 0
\Coney Island Warriors | 1 | 0

Last edited:

The Filth Wizard said:
All I have to do is make sure the team submission is clean.

Never as easy as it looks.

I'm waiting for your critique of the Wonders who failed in their duty under the rules to adequately name positional changes.

So is this a ClarkeM warning or an official warning because I'm not fielding any calls from okeydoke7 recently (except for those heavy breathing ones).

Also, Clarkey is responsible for The Naughty Corner, The SFA Kindergarten and the SFA Math Thread...

Mate, there's a big demand for male teachers and I think you've found your calling.

Never as easy as it looks.

I was made aware of the squad submission teacup storm just before I started that interview. Perfect timing it would seem, this thread.

You aren't as overrated as you look :hearts:

I was made aware of the squad submission teacup storm just before I started that interview. Perfect timing it would seem, this thread.

You aren't as overrated as you look :hearts:

Every second week I am tasked with posting the team sheet, it's like walking a tightrope over a river of lava while balancing a jug of water on your head. One slip up and your entire village dies of thirst. Or like when you play Operation and the board suddenly becomes sentient. The pressure.

I'm waiting for your critique of the Wonders who failed in their duty under the rules to adequately name positional changes.
I wasn't surprised, it was croweater 41 doing it after all.

Thankfully, we fixed it accordingly before the submission deadline and snuck through to play in an exciting match of Qooty :).

So is this a ClarkeM warning or an official warning because I'm not fielding any calls from okeydoke7 recently (except for those heavy breathing ones).

Also, Clarkey is responsible for The Naughty Corner, The SFA Kindergarten and the SFA Math Thread...

Mate, there's a big demand for male teachers and I think you've found your calling.
Official warnings. Okey's very good at that (both not elaborating enough and heavy breathing phone calls.)

I think it must be because either I love or despise kids. Who knows :)?

ClarkeM please don't become a teacher at my kids school
I will never become an official school teacher, don't worry Wacky :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't official until handed down officially by the admin. That's not you champ. Go and wash your socks.
We all know superman is better than batman, are you trying to insinuate that okey is batman? Who's superman then?

Edit: 8000th post too!

Last edited:
The Filth Wizard please check the committee thread. The thread conveniently titled "Season 19" is for discussion between the administrator and club representatives. If you care to go back to my post last Friday, you will find the official warning issued. This was also publicly declared in the relevant match thread and, now, in this media thread. It's a minor issue, but you have certainly been advised via the committee as per usual process. I even bolded your team name AND tagged you in the post, but I suppose I should have written "NWO" instead of "Dragons" to get your attention :p

The Filth Wizard please check the committee thread. The thread conveniently titled "Season 19" is for discussion between the administrator and club representatives. If you care to go back to my post last Friday, you will find the official warning issued. This was also publicly declared in the relevant match thread and, now, in this media thread. It's a minor issue, but you have certainly been advised via the committee as per usual process. I even bolded your team name AND tagged you in the post, but I suppose I should have written "NWO" instead of "Dragons" to get your attention :p
I'll take official warnings from the admin ta mate.

He hasn't said word one to me about this.
MybfMON.gif

Over my 2 seasons as admin (yep, I'm counting this one), I've hardly had to hand any penalties out as mostly we get things right.

Over two successive seasons, however, I have handed out official warnings to my own team due to minor rule breaches. Yet, when I wave one warning (which was allowed in a rule which admittedly can be a little grey) to my state of origin side a farcical whingefest ensues and 50% of captains allegedly vote that I was "abusing my power" in a freaking fantasy game. As if my bond with my state of origin side in a mickey mouse competition is so strong that I abused my power by WAIVING A WARNING. And yet with my regular home and away sides I happily warned them where relevant? Despite posting maybe twice in the entire SoO tournament yet averaging over 30 posts a game for my regular in-season team?

Abuse of power? By waiving a warning, as allowed by the rules which we all as clubs and admin agreed on? Based on rules with a clear intention of actually allowing ignorance on site red cards and simply making them miss the next game as it's simply not a big deal?

An abuse of power? 1 vote away from being asked to stand down? Because I, by waving that warning, was abusing the power handed to me as the supreme ruler of all things SFA (now), Bigfooty (later) and Internet (when my domination takes full effect)?

I let most grudges go and laugh it off, but that was an absolute load of horse s**t. If any of ClarkeM or the alleged 50% of captains who voted that way actually believed it (noting that the abuse of power rule is NOT something there to joke about) then I feel really sorry for them. If they actually believe that in my unpaid, volunteer job as admin which I do because I bloody love this place, that I am deliberately setting out to abuse some sort of power…I can't help them.

Now, as admin, I will make plenty of decisions that people won't agree with. That's part of it. Criticism is definitely part of it. But abuse of power was absolute bullshit and downright disrespectful. You can disagree with a decision as heavily as you want and all I can do as admin is try to go through the best decision-making process and importantly be really open and honest with communication. But abuse of power? 1 vote away from being officially asked to resign? That was a ****ing joke.

I know it was a while back, but my rant needed to go somewhere and this seemed like as good a place as any. I think it's clear that the long boring off-season got to some people's heads.

Anyway, that was all :) Carry on.

Your tags aren't working.

I get seven warnings right?

Also, I've challenged in the committee room on a reasonable basis.

Last edited:
Over my 2 seasons as admin (yep, I'm counting this one), I've hardly had to hand any penalties out as mostly we get things right.

Over two successive seasons, however, I have handed out official warnings to my own team due to minor rule breaches. Yet, when I wave one warning (which was allowed in a rule which admittedly can be a little grey) to my state of origin side a farcical whingefest ensues and 50% of captains allegedly vote that I was "abusing my power" in a freaking fantasy game. As if my bond with my state of origin side in a mickey mouse competition is so strong that I abused my power by WAIVING A WARNING. And yet with my regular home and away sides I happily warned them where relevant? Despite posting maybe twice in the entire SoO tournament yet averaging over 30 posts a game for my regular in-season team?

Abuse of power? By waiving a warning, as allowed by the rules which we all as clubs and admin agreed on? Based on rules with a clear intention of actually allowing ignorance on site red cards and simply making them miss the next game as it's simply not a big deal?

An abuse of power? 1 vote away from being asked to stand down? Because I, by waving that warning, was abusing the power handed to me as the supreme ruler of all things SFA (now), Bigfooty (later) and Internet (when my domination takes full effect)?

I let most grudges go and laugh it off, but that was an absolute load of horse s**t. If any of ClarkeM or the alleged 50% of captains who voted that way actually believed it (noting that the abuse of power rule is NOT something there to joke about) then I feel really sorry for them. If they actually believe that in my unpaid, volunteer job as admin which I do because I bloody love this place, that I am deliberately setting out to abuse some sort of power…I can't help them.

Now, as admin, I will make plenty of decisions that people won't agree with. That's part of it. Criticism is definitely part of it. But abuse of power was absolute bullshit and downright disrespectful. You can disagree with a decision as heavily as you want and all I can do as admin is try to go through the best decision-making process and importantly be really open and honest with communication. But abuse of power? 1 vote away from being officially asked to resign? That was a ****ing joke.

I know it was a while back, but my rant needed to go somewhere and this seemed like as good a place as any. I think it's clear that the long boring off-season got to some people's heads.

Anyway, that was all :) Carry on.
#bringbackboncer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back