Opinion Clarko and the idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares if they have no link to our club? This is a great opportunity nonetheless to reinforce some community standards about how not to behave with opposition team personnel or just regular hoes in general

Not excusing what the supporter did, it was inappropriate, drunken, boorish behaviour. But I too couldn't believe Leigh Matthews (man who has criminal record for a king hit) outright excusing Clarkson's actions and intimating the supporter probably deserved worse - and then the sheep in the audience applauded. The deification of some of the thugs that used to play football (that includes one G. Ablett) in Vic is unbelievable. Clarko himself is a mean thug responsible for one of the most despicable king hits in the London exhibition match in '87. This s**t should never be excused or condoned, even if provoked - though Clarkson was not physically threatened here.

The guy did not deserve to be punched in the face for this IMO. Clarkson and Matthews = thugs who think its OK to king hit people...still

No matter what the stupid bloody supporter did, an AFL coach should NEVER punch a fan! That is utterly ridiculous. I can't believe people are defending Clarko here saying the guy deserved it and it is OKAY. He was getting in his face, yes. Was his safety really in question? Of course not!

Of course the guy deserved it, but he is a bloody coach of an AFL team and should not be retaliating like that! Especially in the era of the one punch campaign etc. This should not be happening and he should be getting in a lot of trouble for this.

Need a few of our players coming out with similar statements tbh.

I have doubts this fella is even a Port supporter. Hopefully the club looks into it - if he is a Port fan, he can **** off. What a turd and a shithead. But FFS Clarko is pretty useless with managing that temper of his. Took the bait - hook, line and sinker.

From memory the Dale Mortimer thing was lil Dale getting on Today Tonight in his crows gear hoping for some free crows gear and a visit from Roo? Pretty sure the crows distanced themselves from him.
No, we absolutely don't.

We've found you Luke and accomplices'.
You like a bandwagoner anyway. Sending a pm to Boaky with a pic of you taking a dump on the Mosleys dunny? F'wit.

I'll put my hand up.

I have no idea what you are on about.

Btw, the tabloid media taking the moral high ground on this is just a touch hypocritical, don't you think? Their entire industry is built on invading the personal space of people. From Frank Pangallo chasing down some dodgy builder to the French paparazzi chasing Dodi and Di to their deaths, their industry is about the last that should be pointing fingers.
Awesome point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Ford saying 'Where there is no shame there is no hypocrisy'.

One week 'We show you the cheapest places in Bali to get a boob job for a quarter of what it costs in Australia' Next week 'We bring you the story of the girl hospitalised for months in Bali after getting an infection from a botched boob job'

One week 'Check out the latest wonder diet' Next week 'Numbers of young girls with anorexia on the rise as pressure on them to follow fad diets unbearable'

The AFL 24/7 media build up coaches and players into public commodities by continual exposure and prying into all corners of their lives then tut tuts when people act as if they own them.

Self-fulfilling prophecy? George Bernard Shaw, you ain't seen nothing.
Well said. The footy media are just as bad. Was listening to SEN in Melbourne this morning on my way to work and they interviewed a Port player (i think) who responded to a question asked by the hosts about a phone conversation he had with Andre Agassi some time ago. Then later on the program the sports update edited the interview stating the conversation the player had with Agassi was a major part of that players development. SEN do this sort of thing with every player interview they have. They edit the conversation and build a story out of it that isn't really true of what was said in the interview.

The media mocks life as it is in favour of constructing stories or themes for even the slightest whiff of sensationalism.

Has anyone that isn't blocked twitterbooked him and taken him to task over this?
Have sent a few, will be sure to post results if he actually responds...

No one was punched, he was shoved hard. Like a player trying to break a tag. It shouldn't have been directed at the neck though
Yeah, I always shove with a closed fist at someone's jaw.

Old Ford saying 'Where there is no shame there is no hypocrisy'.

One week 'We show you the cheapest places in Bali to get a boob job for a quarter of what it costs in Australia' Next week 'We bring you the story of the girl hospitalised for months in Bali after getting an infection from a botched boob job'

One week 'Check out the latest wonder diet' Next week 'Numbers of young girls with anorexia on the rise as pressure on them to follow fad diets unbearable'

The AFL 24/7 media build up coaches and players into public commodities by continual exposure and prying into all corners of their lives then tut tuts when people act as if they own them.

Self-fulfilling prophecy? George Bernard Shaw, you ain't seen nothing.

Or the work the media does outside the courts getting all up in the grill of the accused or their supporters looking for a violent reaction from those who quite often are predisposed to that kind of behavior. They have a responsibility to report the news not to make it. With the quality of cameras these days they can easily get the footage required from a respectable distance not slowly walking backwards within striking distance of those already on edge emotionally.

Last edited:
I merely swung a fist if he was hit its his own fault
Bart-Lisa-Fighting.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back