Opinion Clarko and the idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish the drunken yobbo punched him back. Yeah he was being a dickhead but that was weak by Clarkson, cracking a bloke when he isn't looking or expecting it.

The guy baiting Clarko is obviously a drunken fool who is hard to defend. But for AFL coaches association (AFLCA) chief executive Mark Brayshaw to condone coaches violently retaliating against verbal sledging by footy fans just beggars belief.

ABC 891 presenter David Bevan quizzed Brayshaw if "the coaches association are saying that if you are provoked, it's okay to give a guy a whack - not once but twice - with an open hand?"

"Yep," replied Brayshaw.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...estraint273a-aflca-boss/6424430?section=sport

Mark Brayshaw is more James Murdoch than Lachlan Murdoch.

A summary for anyone not on Facebook it looks like one of the men involved is a Geelong supporter. Regarding relevant pages on Facebook, the punchee likes North Melbourne's official page, Fremantle's official page, Collingwood's official page, Gold Coast's official page, Adelaide's official page and four unofficial Port Adelaide supporter group pages (but not Port Adelaide's official page)...

A summary for anyone not on Facebook it looks like one of the men involved is a Geelong supporter. Regarding relevant pages on Facebook, the punchee likes North Melbourne's official page, Fremantle's official page, Collingwood's official page, Gold Coast's official page, Adelaide's official page and four unofficial Port Adelaide supporter group pages (but not Port Adelaide's official page)...
Correct.

He's clearly a Port "fan" though.

Not sure what the big deal is, if he did this to anyone else who wasn't clarkson, say some hawks supporters it wouldn't have ended with a forceful push away. You want to get up in peoples faces, yelling in their ears then that's an act of aggression so you get what you deserve.

So it was definitely an open hand now?

I wish the drunken yobbo punched him back. Yeah he was being a dickhead but that was weak by Clarkson, cracking a bloke when he isn't looking or expecting it.

That's the problem, you shouldn't behave like that and not expect consequences, even if the consequence is overboard.

I'd go for L Thomas 1st... Ballantyne is an idiot, but no where near the level as what Thomas is. For someone to dob to the umpire on another player to get him reported is a pretty low act from someone IMO.

Thomas took a dive again yesterday.

That's the problem, you shouldn't behave like that and not expect consequences, even if the consequence is overboard.
Does this not also refer to Clarkson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His FB page says likes PAFC and AFC. Doesn't sound like a fan and very much doubt if he would be a member. Probably the kind of self-professed "fan" who doesn't cheer either team on but his only connection to football is to get in the ears of the losers, whether AFC, PAFC or an opponent.
In other words, a fencesitter, meaning he has a fence post inserted squarely in his rectum.

Makes Tex Walkers' tweet, saying it was a Port fan, look a bit stupid, doesn't it? Someone should tell Walker not to tweet, it makes him look like a twat.

His FB page says likes PAFC and AFC. Doesn't sound like a fan and very much doubt if he would be a member. Probably the kind of self-professed "fan" who doesn't cheer either team on but his only connection to football is to get in the ears of the losers, whether AFC, PAFC or an opponent.
In other words, a fencesitter, meaning he has a fence post inserted squarely in his rectum.

Makes Tex Walkers' tweet, saying it was a Port fan, look a bit stupid, doesn't it? Someone should tell Walker not to tweet, it makes him look like a twat.
Based on his performance yesterday maybe he shouldn't lose focus before a game.

While you shouldn't be going around hitting people, if you're going around the city off your face at night, shoving a camera in peoples faces (especially a guy who is known to be volatile) and yelling at them you really SHOULD be expecting to get hit.

Let him keep on tweeting I say.

No, we absolutely don't.
Yeah tbh I'd be pretty embarrassed if our captain came out ridiculing another clubs supporter, even if he had all the facts about the situation instead of going off half cocked like Walker did a few hours before game day none the less.

Tex should worry about getting a kick & leading his team instead of 'getting really a get' over Twitter chiming into matters that don't really need his opinion.

Looking at his page he looks like a knob of the highest order, if this is how parents are bringing up kids these days then this country is in a lot of trouble.
spare us all.

The problem for Clarkson is he's not just some person in the street. He's an AFL coach and, like AFL players, they're held to a higher standard given their positions. For example, clubs ensure that the repercussions for an AFL player caught drink driving are substantially more severe than for the rest of us. That's the way it is these days when you're in the public eye and getting paid a small fortune.

Worse, it's not a one-off violent outburst from Clarkson - what a track record - and so I can't see how the drunken fool can be solely blamed for being punched/slapped. Personally, I'd like to see some sanctions for both the instigator and for Clarkson and some strong calls from the AFL that the behaviour of both parties will not be tolerated.

Bicks saying he "possibly would've done the same thing in clarko's shoes"

No Bicks, you would've threw an elbow instead of an open hand to the neck!!!

The problem for Clarkson is he's not just some person in the street. He's an AFL coach and, like AFL players, they're held to a higher standard given their positions. For example, clubs ensure that the repercussions for an AFL player caught drink driving are substantially more severe than for the rest of us. That's the way it is these days when you're in the public eye and getting paid a small fortune.

Worse, it's not a one-off violent outburst from Clarkson - what a track record - and so I can't see how the drunken fool can be solely blamed for being punched/slapped. Personally, I'd like to see some sanctions for both the instigator and for Clarkson and some strong calls from the AFL that the behaviour of both parties will not be tolerated.

This is probably the best post I've seen so far on the whole saga.

Yes the dickhead shouldn't have done what he did but for Clarkson to TWICE try to roundhouse punch him is completely unacceptable. Both should be sanctioned in some way.

Heh......... If that's actually the guy I just did some quick internet stalking, looks like we work for the same people :$

Interestingly enough - if you do further digging he is mates with a current Crows SANFL player (and ex AFL) ... who is joking with him about it after the fact.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back