Remove this Banner Ad

BigRough

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
Hosted by Gerard Whateley, looks to be in the similar format to the season previews held last week, and (hopefully) guaranteed to be Essendon-free... who's going to watch?

They touched on footage of the coaches reaction.

I reckon it might be good to try a quarter wit the feed of both coaches on the live feed at the MGG.

Howd the players go wit the head looking at them the whole time ?
I remember fox putting microphone up in the coaches box for Mathews for the lions 3 peat the could do this again if we make it would add to next years recall

This is sounding very "1984" . :p

Didn't Clarko propose a deal with the broadcasters about showing less of the coaches box shots in return for a pre match coaches interview or something? From memory the other coaches weren't on board?

This is sounding very "1984" . :p

Didn't Clarko propose a deal with the broadcasters about showing less of the coaches box shots in return for a pre match coaches interview or something? From memory the other coaches weren't on board?

I remember reading he wasn't in favour of shots of the coaches box. One of the interesting discussions last night from all four was that their reactions in the box are in the moment and don't reflect at all how they speak to their players. They said they very rarely go the spray because it loses its effectiveness and doesn't get the message across.

I remember reading he wasn't in favour of shots of the coaches box. One of the interesting discussions last night from all four was that their reactions in the box are in the moment and don't reflect at all how they speak to their players. They said they very rarely go the spray because it loses its effectiveness and doesn't get the message across.

I found that interesting too but not too surprising.

Is their animation in the box really an issue for anyone or not? I go loco in front of my television so seeing the tension in the box at times doesn't worry or surprise me at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found that interesting too but not too surprising.

Is their animation in the box really an issue for anyone or not? I go loco in front of my television so seeing the tension in the box at times doesn't worry or surprise me at all.

My issue is the narrative of the coaches box images

Flogs like the Scott brothers going off, and the commentators chime in with "I see his point, ump got it wrong"

More astute coaches though, the commentary is "I don't see what the problem is," as a player has his head decapitated & spine severed

I must admit both Scott Bros irk me quite a bit. I could do without seeing their constant protestations against/ for ump decisions.

And Bomber calling Cyril a "******* campaigner" last year was just sad.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I must admit both Scott Bros irk me quite a bit. I could do without seeing their constant protestations against/ for ump decisions.

And Bomber calling Cyril a "******* campaigner" last year was just sad.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I love that he called him a campaigner. He's our campaigner

Best comment & summation was from Clarko; where he noted that the Coaches/Teachers role was to "Simplify the Complex" to the players with regards the game & their role in it.

2 Scott brothers was a poor choice, one or both of Hinkley/Lyon a far better mix/option IMO.

The other great point was in clarko noting how our game is played on the biggest arena, with the most players & for the longest time, in comparison with most other codes!....Hence the reasoning behind his complexity comment!....The range & scope for tactical & strategic planning is thereby rendered far more complex because of this!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back