Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
Hope he goes Malthouse on Sheahan.

Sep 5, 2007
Gippsland, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
Love listening to Clarko speak. Nice little clip on North re: them going to the media before the Lake hearing.

Watching him at the end, staring at Gerard Healy whilst Healy was thanking him for coming, I couldn't help think that Clarko was sitting there thinking, You are a complete w***er.....wish I could rip out your throat.

BigRough

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
1ji0v.gif

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
No mention of the media silence then on Buddy's MRP pardon????......Funny THAT!....Anyone who has to endure the pro-Sydney media BS that saturates the fox sports channel on 513 would know just what I mean.

Clarko, Hodge & Lewy were every bit as complicit as Norf in the ensuing crucifixion of Brian!....Never seen such a massive scape-goat on such a scale as his for a while, & yet Petrie played on & was completely unaffected & uninjured....Perplexing, baffling & bewildering!....Trial by media circus!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawker11

Club Legend
Aug 24, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great interview from Clarko - made two strong points.

- bring forward tribunal hearings to avoid 'trial by media'. The hysteria around the Lake incident highly likely influenced the penalty. The AFL and clubs involved should be putting in measures to contain this.
- put the 'equal' in equalisation. Could the AFL put fairness in front of the goal to be a high rating television show in Sydney?

Jiggystoon

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2010
The other side
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Newcastle United, New York Mets
Did I hear right? Did Clarko say the Hawks picked up Breust and Suckling under the NSW scholarship program? I thought young Langford was the only current player selected under that scheme.

Wasn't Langford a father-son?

Jun 23, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
La Lakers
Wasn't Langford a father-son?

Nope, Langford was a NSW scholarship pick who we got first dibs on in the rookie draft. As for Breust and Suckling, we did get both in the rookie draft but don't think we had first dibs on them for some reason. Anyway about Clarkson's appearance, he made a good point about the academies. He said basically that every team should be allowed to have an academy in NSW similar to the scholarship scheme. That's a fantasic idea, still grow the game in NSW while being equal and fair to all teams.

Jiggystoon

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2010
The other side
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Newcastle United, New York Mets
Nope, Langford was a NSW scholarship pick who we got first dibs on in the rookie draft. As for Breust and Suckling, we did get both in the rookie draft but don't think we had first dibs on them for some reason. Anyway about Clarkson's appearance, he made a good point about the academies. He said basically that every team should be allowed to have an academy in NSW similar to the scholarship scheme. That's a fantasic idea, still grow the game in NSW while being equal and fair to all teams.

Thanks for clearing that up mate, agreed re the academies, I think a club like ours would continue to do pretty well out of it as well :thumbsu:

Sep 5, 2007
Gippsland, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
No mention of the media silence then on Buddy's MRP pardon????......Funny THAT!....Anyone who has to endure the pro-Sydney media BS that saturates the fox sports channel on 513 would know just what I mean.

Clarko, Hodge & Lewy were every bit as complicit as Norf in the ensuing crucifixion of Brian!....Never seen such a massive scape-goat on such a scale as his for a while, & yet Petrie played on & was completely unaffected & uninjured....Perplexing, baffling & bewildering!....Trial by media circus!

Just on Clarko/Hodge/Lewis comments, from what I recall they were more talking about Lake's brainfades overall, not necessarily the incident itself. Might be wrong, but they were talking about the 50 he gave away and other mistakes as much as they spoke about the choking incident. Media just chose to play what they wanted too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back