Toast Clarkson the master of the new Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its Thursday and finally a positive article!

Clarkson the master of the new Hawthorn

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl/news/clarkson-the-master-of-the-new-hawthorn-253114

COMMENT: There are those who have said that regardless of how long he has been coach of the club, that Alastair Clarkson has never really belonged at Hawthorn. But while the Hawks have a long history as a family club from the leafy eastern suburbs, the coach himself has been a key figure of the transformation into a club of national appeal....

That article wasn't positive at all.

Spoke of him not fitting in at hawthorn, being a hot head, king hitting Aitken as a 21 year old, being a step away from leaving at any time, being at odds with JK.

The title of the article leads you to think there might be a bit of comment about how he built the list between 04-08 or how he reinvented the list and game plan a few times since a seriously disappointing 2009. Perhaps there could have also been reference to him taking the club to a grand final for the third time.

But no.

That article wasn't positive at all.

Spoke of him not fitting in at hawthorn, being a hot head, king hitting Aitken as a 21 year old, being a step away from leaving at any time, being at odds with JK.

The title of the article leads you to think there might be a bit of comment about how he built the list between 04-08 or how he reinvented the list and game plan a few times since a seriously disappointing 2009. Perhaps there could have also been reference to him taking the club to a grand final for the third time.

But no.

Agree. The article bangs on and on about how the perception is that he doesn't really belong at Hawthorn without giving one shred of justification for why that claim could be made. Drags up every bit of dirt from Clarko's past and makes a flimsy attempt to rope them together.

"A perception persists that he does not bleed brown and gold". What absolute tosh. A perception on whose part? And for what reason?

Personally I love the bloke - would much rather have someone coaching who obviously feels passion for what he does than a cynic like Lyon.

i just love watching games on tv when the camera flashes to him

it is just a s tupid article designed to unsettle... well hell didin't anyone tell you...the curse is broken

All those things in the article are what makes Clarko the man who he is. He is a hot head with a temper but that's why he's universally loved by fans and his players, he won't take any crap directed at them or the club. I was young when he played but I get the impression he would of been hated by all not aligned to North Melbourne or Melbourne, you just have to hear Crawf of the first thoughts that came to mind when he was told of the Clarko appointment. He has that C U Next Tuesday about him which has lifted the Hawthorn footy club off the canvas and into a position of power.

Agree. The article bangs on and on about how the perception is that he doesn't really belong at Hawthorn without giving one shred of justification for why that claim could be made. Drags up every bit of dirt from Clarko's past and makes a flimsy attempt to rope them together.

"A perception persists that he does not bleed brown and gold". What absolute tosh. A perception on whose part? And for what reason?

Personally I love the bloke - would much rather have someone coaching who obviously feels passion for what he does than a cynic like Lyon.

He not only bleeds brown and gold, he lives it, breathes it, loves it. Well that's my perception anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the writer actually seen Hodge? He's an absolute tank of a man.

Im-not-fat-Im-fluffy-cat.jpg

Brereton was pretty outspoken about not thinking he was the right man for the job. I get the impression he still only accepts him through gritted teeth.

It's a measure of the coverage our team has received this week that this article is regarded as being positive. Disgrace.

Could be a good thing in the end. Freo has been the focus of immense media and public hype which once you hear long enough you begin to believe. I think what we will find is that on grand final day when the ball is bounced they will quickly realise the difference between playing an injury ravaged Swans; coming off 2 bruising finals; in Western Australia vs a Hawthorn team thats gone 21-3 in 2013; on its home ground; having it's main squad intact and in good health; and the experience of losing a gf in 2012 motivating it. The disparity between those 2 scenarios is going give them quite a shock if you ask me. Won't know what hit them.

Could be a good thing in the end. Freo has been the focus of immense media and public hype which once you hear long enough you begin to believe. I think what we will find is that on grand final day when the ball is bounced they will quickly realise the difference between playing an injury ravaged Swans; coming off 2 bruising finals; in Western Australia vs a Hawthorn team thats gone 21-3 in 2013; on its home ground; having it's main squad intact and in good health; and the experience of losing a gf in 2012 motivating it. The disparity between those 2 scenarios is going give them quite a shock if you ask me. Won't know what hit them.[/quote]

Cannot like that enough so here you go -

:thumbsu: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

That oughta do it.

"And when he wanted to start strengthening his core and doing some injury prevention work during the pre-season, he had another handy contact in Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...opportunity-20140416-zqusm.html#ixzz2z89LXXPH

I think this gives a little bit of an insight into how Clarkson wants to help players get better whether they get drafted by Hawthorn or not. Gives our club a good reputation. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back