Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Rumour is flying around very thick in Adelaide at the moment that Alastair Clarkson is a chance to coach Adelaide next season.

Personally I dont think there is a chance but thought Id start a thread here anyway in case others have info regarding it.

Yep heard this as well from the mouth of a retired port adelaide player.

You may want to go to the adelaide board, they might have more of an idea (then again maybe not)

Yep heard this as well from the mouth of a retired port adelaide player.

You may want to go to the adelaide board, they might have more of an idea (then again maybe not)

I has a quick squiz but couldnt find them discussing it.

The rumours are coming from people involved in the SANFL too so perhaps there is something to it.

Would need to be offering over $1 million a year and then some I would have thought.

I can't see it either but it definitely sounds like the crows think they are a chance.

Perhaps thats why the pulled the pin on Sando? Clarkson could be trolling them

Clarkson signed a two year extension earlier this year. Takes him through until the end of 2016.

Not that contracts are `unbreakable, but, well, there is quite a hurdle to jump there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you're just happy to be sitting here?
I'm trying hard to think positively (e.g. Adelaide Crows target big name like Clarko), but I'm so used to vanilla type outcomes.

Old AFC way: Take person X who we already pay and give them more work.
New AFC way: Not sure anyone knows what that is yet, but its sounding promising.

Why would he want to move to Adelaide? He has a multi million dollar house in Melbournes east and is earning a mill a season already! Unless the crows are going to offer significantly more than what we are paying and give us compensation then there is no chance.

Adelaide is not the most attractive place for a guy to want to go and live in.

Hmmm... I don't give any credence to this. But if I was speculating reckon Clarkson would need $1.5 million to even consider moving.

Clarkson signed a two year extension earlier this year. Takes him through until the end of 2016.

Not that contracts are `unbreakable, but, well, there is quite a hurdle to jump there.

Let's hope Mike Sheahan isn't behind the rumours this time around. Clarko may strangle him to death.

Why wouldn't he consider a new challenge especially if he wins the flag this week - would be one of most successful coaches over the past 15 years - 3 flags in 7 years (only Matthews could better with 3 in a row).

Nothing better than to get your teeth into another challenge - plus has lived in Adelaide previously so that isn't an issue and taking over an under achieving squad.

Why wouldn't he consider a new challenge especially if he wins the flag this week - would be one of most successful coaches over the past 15 years - 3 flags in 7 years (only Matthews could better with 3 in a row).

Nothing better than to get your teeth into another challenge - plus has lived in Adelaide previously so that isn't an issue and taking over an under achieving squad.

He turned down massive money last year from the Eagles and re-signed for two more years earlier this season. Will Adelaide pay the needed 1.5-2m a season to get him to even think about it?

He turned down massive money last year from the Eagles and re-signed for two more years earlier this season. Will Adelaide pay the needed 1.5-2m a season to get him to even think about it?

Going to Perth is a whole lot different to going to Adelaide (where he has lived before) - if money was the incentive then he would gave gone to Perth surely if they offered massively - sometimes money isn't the only consideration. What more does he need to achieve at Hawthorn if they win the flag this year? Just saying.

Why would he want to move to Adelaide? He has a multi million dollar house in Melbournes east and is earning a mill a season already! Unless the crows are going to offer significantly more than what we are paying and give us compensation then there is no chance.

Adelaide is not the most attractive place for a guy to want to go and live in.

You do realise that he coached Centrals in the SANFL and then was an assistant coach at the Power when Centrals sacked him as he expressed the desire to coach the State League team the next year and Centrals didn't want that happening. He actually likes Adelaide, has said this before and was happy to stay here long term but other opportunities came knocking.

Oh and we are talking about it over on the Crows board. It's just in the appropriate thread. ;)

Going to Perth is a whole lot different to going to Adelaide (where he has lived before) - if money was the incentive then he would gave gone to Perth surely if they offered massively - sometimes money isn't the only consideration. What more does he need to achieve at Hawthorn if they win the flag this year? Just saying.

How do you get him to break his two year deal? I don't think the Hawks are going to let arguably the best coach in the league walk.

You do realise that he coached Centrals in the SANFL and then was an assistant coach at the Power when Centrals sacked him as he expressed the desire to coach the State League team the next year and Centrals didn't want that happening. He actually likes Adelaide, has said this before and was happy to stay here long term but other opportunities came knocking.

Oh and we are talking about it over on the Crows board. It's just in the appropriate thread. ;)

Yeh he had great success in Adelaide at SANFL level but he is a Melbourne person, living in the east. I just can't see it happening. Take Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back