Discussion Clash jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Carlton's inverse mainly white guernsey looked good and made sense. Richmond's yellow with black sash also. Why Essendon don't do the same instead of that terrible grey thing I'll never know.
i think its because the afl think "red is too dark"

Really? Red jumper with white shorts would contrast with every single dark guernsey. I thought it was just Essendon being stupid campaigners as usual.
i think in this case its a matter of the afl being stupid and essendon being stubborn

I thought Carlton's inverse mainly white guernsey looked good and made sense. Richmond's yellow with black sash also. Why Essendon don't do the same instead of that terrible grey thing I'll never know.

Clause five of their constitution says they have to play with a black jumper with a red sash during the premiership season

hqdefault.jpg

My eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that so many clubs have white in their home jumper. With so many clubs incorporating white in their away/clash jumper it only serves to reduce the contrast. No Away/clash jumper should include white. Why the Suns don't simply invert their colours for their away jumper i'll never know (yellow with a red side line would offer a much better contrast with other team's jumpers than their current white nonsense).

so what should carlton where vs freo. dark blue with a little bit of white vs dark purple with a little bit of white? they look almost the same
Heard of white shorts? Freo had their chance with colours, it was their decision to become the purple people eaters. Why didn't they keep the 'green' for such clashes?

And liverpool are the reds, doesn't stop them from having a yellow away strip. Clubs have to move with the times. And I'd rather Carlton in white than some poxy light blue colour.
Good thing that the soccer clubs do with their alternative strips, is they use completely different colours. The club logos are on the shirts so you always know who it is.

AFL clubs like to work in their club colours into their clash strips which makes it dumb as it doesn't remove clashes, it just minimises it.

Clubs should have logos on their jumpers, and that should be the main identity. The club badge on the jumper rather than the jumper itself.

Imagine if Liverpool, Manchester United, Real Madrid had clash shirts but used red or in Madrid's case put white in it. It'll be a farce of a clash.

Good thing that the soccer clubs do with their alternative strips, is they use completely different colours. The club logos are on the shirts so you always know who it is.

AFL clubs like to work in their club colours into their clash strips which makes it dumb as it doesn't remove clashes, it just minimises it.

Clubs should have logos on their jumpers, and that should be the main identity. The club badge on the jumper rather than the jumper itself.

Imagine if Liverpool, Manchester United, Real Madrid had clash shirts but used red or in Madrid's case put white in it. It'll be a farce of a clash.

It's all in the tradition. Don't you know afl was around long before soccer :p

So your argument is because soccer do it we should?

Don't you think the fact that so many soccer jerseys are identical is the reason for their solution? Last time I checked no afl sides were playing in identical kit

So your argument is because soccer do it we should?

Don't you think the fact that so many soccer jerseys are identical is the reason for their solution? Last time I checked no afl sides were playing in identical kit
No, my point was these huge clubs can make a clash/alternative uniform with completely different colours to their own.

In our league, the clubs alternative jumpers still feature the colours but in a different design.

No, my point was these huge clubs can make a clash/alternative uniform with completely different colours to their own.

In our league, the clubs alternative jumpers still feature the colours but in a different design.

That's because they have no option though

Playing a plain red top against a plain red top was never possible or feasible

When a team decide to have the exact same jersey as another, then your point makes sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back