Classic Paul Sherwin and Phil Ligget Quotes

Remove this Banner Ad

"This is one Schleck sandwich that will give them indigestion.." will go down in history
that was fantastic...

OK Paul isnt my cuppa tea but I love Phil to bits :D Hes been commentating since I started following the sport...

cycling news forums hate them though - think they are idiots....

cycling news forums hate them though - think they are idiots....

They are but they keep it interesting for hours on end.

It reminds me of the equestrian at the olympics and that crazy commentator. Horse people hated him, the rest of us loved him.

"He knows he can beat Andy and slaughter Frank" (on Evans)

"Tony Martin the 2nd best timetrialler in the world...but today he"s the best".

"after the 1st km he knows if it's going to be a good day or an hour in purgatory..."

It is bloody hard to keep up a steady stream of commentary for 5-6 hours every day for 3 weeks when most of the time nothing is happening. You can't blame them for the occasional repetition.

If most of us tried it, we would have fired all our shots in the first half-hour of Stage 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and my mates always get a big kick out of "Big Jens Voigt, dominating his machine".
I'm pretty sure other people "dominate their machine" as well according to Phil and Paul, but for us it will always relate to Big Jens.

No Andy means there will be no "Let's go bro" references between the Schleck brothers either :(
And no schleck sandwiches either.

I think the big comment this year will be in regards to Hincapie breaking the participation record. Also, big Johan Vansummeran

What is with the different pronunciations and enunciations for one year to the next of the same rider's name?

Or when Armstrong made a comeback, every time they caught a glimpse of him in the peloton with his yellow helmet we were treated to yet another explanation of "why he has made a comeback to the sport of professional cycling".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back