Classic Wrestling Thread (60s 70s 80s 90s 00s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I've created this thread to for us to discuss classic wrestling! IMO the other thread is better used for current discussion etc..

Kane's WWE return 2000:

One of my favourite ever returns. Just listen to that crowd pop!

:thumbsu:

2000s is classics? makes me feel old.

LOL, 2000s not exactly classic but I do believe that we should post 2000s things here instead of the main topic, which should be used for current discussion! :)

My first ever WWE memory!! It has to be one of the best debut in WWE history. The impact, the statement was huge!! THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE, THAT'S GOTTA BE KANEEE!

now this is what I call interesting booking. What better way to put over Kane as a monster than having him interfere in virtually ever match destroying everyone!!

Even though it sort of ruined Kane, this will go down as a memorable moment!

My favourite Kane vs Undertaker fued and Undertaker didn't even have to be there to make it great. The mind games from Royal Rumble to WM 20 were great. For anyone that doesn't know, Kane buried Undertaker at Survivor Series 2003 (Just a few months before WM XX). He was buried as American badass Undertaker and returned at Wrestlemania as Deadman Undertaker! Definitely my favourite fued and promo packages!!

Probably the most well known moment to non-fans and the most memorable moment in professional wrestling! Great stuff!!

:thumbsu:

a couple of excellent underrated matches that occurred just before their more famous wrestlemania counterparts

i'm constantly going back and forwards on whether i prefer the wrestlemania matches or those ones. depends if i'm in a brawling or 'technical' mood at the time, i guess.

93-95 wwf was awful.

the era of "throwing crap at the wall and going with whatever sticks"

phant.jpg

93-95 wwf was awful.

Yep and WWE almost went bankrupt in 1995. Funny because that was the year the Nash was WWE Champion. You know your in the shithole when nash is you champion. Though he was quite enjoyable when he went to WCW and was in NWO together with Hall and Hogan. WCW was killing WWE in the ratings early to mid 90s thus why they created 'the Attitude Era' after that WWE hardly ever lost the 'Monday night wars'.

a couple of excellent underrated matches that occurred just before their more famous wrestlemania counterparts

i'm constantly going back and forwards on whether i prefer the wrestlemania matches or those ones. depends if i'm in a brawling or 'technical' mood at the time, i guess.

Austin vs Hart was a great match but I still prefer Michaels vs Austin at WM 14 over it! Both top quality matches!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SummerSlam 2005 - Hogan vs Michaels
In what was supposed to be a dream match turned into a comedy match when HBK oversold hogans moves. The story behind this is that HBK was supposed to win the match, hogan refused to put him over and WWE sided with Hogan that he should go over. So HBK got his revenge by overselling hogans moves and making him look stupid. It's well known that HBK is a prick but this was over the top HAHA

SummerSlam 2005 - Hogan vs Michaels
In what was supposed to be a dream match turned into a comedy match when HBK oversold hogans moves. The story behind this is that HBK was supposed to win the match, hogan refused to put him over and WWE sided with Hogan that he should go over. So HBK got his revenge by overselling hogans moves and making him look stupid. It's well known that HBK is a prick but this was over the top HAHA

and then Hogan wanted to win the rematch (in a steel cage) too.

I'm sure you've all seen the infamous video of New Jack tossing Vic Grimes off the scaffold!

New Jack is known to be a real pain to wrestling. He's been involved in quite a few infamous moments!

New Jack jack brings a knife into a wrestling match and almost kills the other wrestler.

This following clip is probably one of the most disgusting things I have ever see in Pro Wrestling.
THE FOLLOWING VIDEO IS FAIRLY GRAPHIC. VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!!

Empty arena match!
A unique concept, but quite enjoyable for the viewers!!

not really unique. lawler and funk had one nearly 20 years earlier.

one of the dumbest finishes in wrestling as well. a camera in the pallet?:rolleyes: i recall (and i may be a little off here as i havent read it in years) foley writing in his book how he watched the match in an airport and everyone was transfixed during the match but started laughing at the end.

not really unique. lawler and funk had one nearly 20 years earlier.

one of the dumbest finishes in wrestling as well. a camera in the pallet?:rolleyes: i recall (and i may be a little off here as i havent read it in years) foley writing in his book how he watched the match in an airport and everyone was transfixed during the match but started laughing at the end.

Ah, I didn't know about the Lawler and Funk match. Thanks!
I really didn't mind the finish. It was the Attitude era after all. Also I was a big fan of Hardcore matches so maybe that's why I really didn't mind the finish. The 24/7 rule was awesome.

watch these (bottom two are part 1 & 2 of the same match) and try to tell me wwf didnt completely waste kaientai. Unfortunately cant find a better quality version of the second one

The infamous 'WWF Over the Edge 1999' PPV where Owen Hart tragically fell to his death.
For those who don't know, Owen Hart during 1999 had a gimmick called 'The Blue Blazer' where during his entrance he would come down the rafters in a spectacular way. On this night though, something went wrong and he was released from his harness and fell about 80 feet and hit his head on the mat. Paramedics did all they could to save him but he was most probably dead upon impact. RIP OWEN! :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back