Delisted Claye Beams (2009-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

My prediction is....

5 or so years from now, Dayne Beams will be playing for Brisbane as a free agent. Dayne and Claye Beams will become one of the most feared midfield combinations in the AFL, and the Lions will be dominating the midfield battle every game.

Lets come back to this thread in 5 years and see if I was correct

Beams up and running
Sam Lord
November 11, 2013

Beams was back running with the main group on the first day of pre-season and expects he’ll be able to complete a solid summer program.

“I’ve been able to do the whole off-season program with the boys,” Beams said.

“I’ve had an extra couple of knee sessions each week, but as far as restrictions go, there aren’t many now.

“I’m looking forward to a big pre-season where I can start training with the boys again and hopefully hit Round 1 next year.

“I beat my return goal time which was a bit of a relief.”

Beams_ArizonaTraining-article.jpg

Saturday special: your club's virtual recruits for 2014

Claye Beams - Dayne's younger brother ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament at training ahead of round three last season and sat out the rest of the year. Beams has progressed well and is now back running at his best, being a standout on the Lions' altitude camp in Arizona. The 22-year-old will be ready for round one and brings real pace and grunt to the Lions' midfield. He is a quality two-way player that should see plenty of matches.

266701-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Need a big season for Beams. He'll be best 22, needs to be that contested ball winner and hit the scoreboard.

Prior to Beams' injury in the latter part of 2012 and the pre-season and first three rounds of 2013, I thought Beams was on the cusp of a break-out season, not to mention firmly entrenching himself into the starting 22, so if he can get back to something close to that form, we'll definitely have another beauty on our hands.

Beams trains up a storm
December 13, 2013
Andrew Hamilton

CLAYE Beams has been lighting up pre-season training raising the hopes of new Lions coach Justin Leppitsch that he may have found a hidden gem on Brisbane's list.

Beams has basically lost two full seasons through a stress fracture in the foot, a back injury and last year's ruptured ACL.

Leppitsch said he was aware Beams had talent when he took on the job as Brisbane's senior coach but admits he had little sense of what type of footballer the heavily tattooed midfielder was.

He said he has been thrilled to discover Beams was a mature and deeply driven young man with an outstanding work ethic who was a potential leader.

"I have liked what I have seen of him, he is a pretty committed kid and a very good trainer,'' Leppitsch said.

The younger brother of Collingwood premiership star Dayne Beams has not played since rupturing his ACL against Adelaide in Rd 2 last year.

735597-7deeb9c4-63bd-11e3-bb71-e2c853748ae0.jpg

Hammo trying to get in the Lions good books. Although IIRC he did the injury at training and not against the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recovering Brisbane Lion Claye Beams is on track to play in the pre-season
9 January 2014
Rhys O'Neill

CLAYE Beams' injury frustrations also reveal clues as to why his AFL curse could be set to end.
"An advantage I had on the other boys is that I've been doing a pre-season since Round 15 or 16 last year,'' the young Lions midfielder smirks. It's a throwaway line borne out of frustration at playing just 15 senior matches in three seasons, but those hours spent retraining his busted knee may finally fortify the 22-year-old's 78kg frame.

He returned to pre-season with the rest of the Lions squad in November and is due to resume full-contact training on Monday. A final check-up on his knee with the surgeon is slated for January 27, after which time Beams says he can finally focus solely on footy again. The Labrador junior has been pencilled in to return in Brisbane's second NAB Challenge match against the Gold Coast in Townsville on February 23.

"At this stage I'm probably two months ahead of schedule,'' he says. "I did my knee in an aerial contest, taken out in the air, so I've got to do a bit more aerial stuff yet. That will be a good test for where I'm at.
"But you can't hold back. You just have to trust my rehab program.

With a talented young Lions list again expected to mature, Beams fully understands his objectives in 2014. "To be honest I just want to play footy, whether that's reserves or seniors,'' he says. "Obviously I want to play seniors but if I can get through a full year that would be a tick for me. "I've had some bad luck with injuries and this year is probably a make-or-break year for me. But I enjoy that challenge. "I'm pretty much playing for my livelihood this year.''
324156-8afce1f4-78e9-11e3-abd3-ac86fade2183.jpg

Link - http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/re...in-the-preseason/story-fndv8d6r-1226798324183

Here's hoping his leg holds hope and he has a stellar season and considering how hard he has worked, he deserves some good luck. Virtually a new recruit if he can string a few together.

Recovering Brisbane Lion Claye Beams is on track to play in the pre-season
9 January 2014
Rhys O'Neill

Link - http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/re...in-the-preseason/story-fndv8d6r-1226798324183

Here's hoping his leg holds hope and he has a stellar season and considering how hard he has worked, he deserves some good luck. Virtually a new recruit if he can string a few together.

He will make it easy this year. I've said it all along, he will be better than his brother

Mike Whiting punning it up...

Claye moulding himself for injury-free year

FRESHLY recovered from a full knee reconstruction, Brisbane Lion Claye Beams has quickly turned his attention to making a big impact in 2014.

Beams missed all-but the first two matches of last season after a training mishap led to a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

But the 22-year-old attacked his rehabilitation at full steam and has been given the surgeon's all clear to play football two months ahead of schedule.

He took part in the Lions' first full-contact hit-out last week, and although a bit rusty, was just delighted to be mixing it up on the field again.

He is expected to play a full NAB Challenge match against Gold Coast on February 23.

Inside Football Player Rating - BLvGCS - NAB Challenge 2.
5/10 –Got better the longer the contest went, a good sign as he returns from injury. Efficiency 86%.

-- Ben Casanella, Inside Football Thursday, February 27, 2014, Match Review BLvGCS

Scan confirms fracture for Beams
March 10, 2014

Scans this morning have confirmed that Brisbane Lions midfielder Claye Beams has fractured his foot.

Beams will have surgery tonight and is expected to miss approximately 8 weeks.

Lions General Manager -Football Operations, Dean Warren, said the injury is a disappointing setback for both Claye and the Club.

“Claye spent the majority of 2013 in rehab for a ruptured ACL so understandably he’s devastated by this setback,” Warren said.

“We are certain that the resilience and absolute professionalism that Claye has displayed throughout his previous rehabilitation, will get him through this tough period.”

Very disappointing news, if he can recover quick and given the fact he's had close to a full pre season he might still be able to play 15-16 games this year which will be a good return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back