Cleveland Cavaliers - Wine & Gold bby

Remove this Banner Ad

Assets, Rondo, and a few quality young guys. I'll back Ainge to build a title team before Cleveland does.

And Ainge would still be willing to give up all those assets, Rondo and young guys to get Lebron to the Celtics. I'm not saying you guys wont win a title before them, but I struggle to see how you have more assets or young players than they do.

Rondo Irving
Bradley Waiters
Olynyk Bennett
Sullinger Thompson
Young Wiggins

Then you've got the rest of your team vs Lebron.

I dont think you win any of those battles in terms of pure 'assets'

And Ainge would still be willing to give up all those assets, Rondo and young guys to get Lebron to the Celtics. I'm not saying you guys wont win a title before them, but I struggle to see how you have more assets or young players than they do.

Rondo Irving
Bradley Waiters
Olynyk Bennett
Sullinger Thompson
Young Wiggins

Then you've got the rest of your team vs Lebron.

I dont think you win any of those battles in terms of pure 'assets'
I don't see why LeBron is relevant? You don't need him to win a title.

Right now Bradley, Olynyk and Sullinger all are superior to those guys listed next to them. As for Wiggins, well of course he is better. If the Cavs don't get Kevin Love in this off-season, how exactly are they going to build a title team?

I don't see why LeBron is relevant? You don't need him to win a title.

Right now Bradley, Olynyk and Sullinger all are superior to those guys listed next to them. As for Wiggins, well of course he is better. If the Cavs don't get Kevin Love in this off-season, how exactly are they going to build a title team?

How is Lebron not relevant? He's on their team, therefore he is relevant to them winning a title.

They can build a title through Lebron, Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters, TT, Bennett, Varejao future signings and picks.

The exact same way that Boston can build a team.

They may not win a title, but they are in a better position than 20-25 other teams over the next 5 years to win one.

How is Lebron not relevant? He's on their team, therefore he is relevant to them winning a title.

They can build a title through Lebron, Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters, TT, Bennett, Varejao future signings and picks.

The exact same way that Boston can build a team.

They may not win a title, but they are in a better position than 20-25 other teams over the next 5 years to win one.
I meant, I don't see how he's relevant to Boston? What are you getting at saying Boston would kill to have him?

I meant, I don't see how he's relevant to Boston? What are you getting at saying Boston would kill to have him?

I was just talking assets. You said you guys have better assets, but they have Lebron, which gives them the best asset in the NBA.

Think we're just going to have to agree to disagree here, I think Cleveland has the potential to turn into a championship calibre team, especially if Wiggins can turn into a star, and it's quite ignorant to think they cant.

Frankly I think just about every team in the NBA could be contenders in the next 5-6 years except for a few that have just had trainwreck management and need a complete reset such as the Nets.

please Cleveland... don't be stupid enough to give up Wiggins in a trade for Love.
Unless GSW suddenly decide to give up Klay Thompson (which reportedly they won't do) - you hold all the power here as Love has tols Minny he will be leaving... there is no need to rush this or overplay your hand.

You have a great opportunity to build a team of young guys around Lebron - lets see how this lineup looks first before giving up what could potentially be a great player.

If you wait - worse case scenario, you do the same trade before the deadline- best case you pick him up as a free agent (by getting rid of V's contract) or in a sign-and-trade when Minny have mo other choice

welcome home

All Aboard! TOOT TOOT!!!!!!!!
540329-ricky-nixon.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

please Cleveland... don't be stupid enough to give up Wiggins in a trade for Love.
Unless GSW suddenly decide to give up Klay Thompson (which reportedly they won't do) - you hold all the power here as Love has tols Minny he will be leaving... there is no need to rush this or overplay your hand.

You have a great opportunity to build a team of young guys around Lebron - lets see how this lineup looks first before giving up what could potentially be a great player.

If you wait - worse case scenario, you do the same trade before the deadline- best case you pick him up as a free agent (by getting rid of V's contract) or in a sign-and-trade when Minny have mo other choice
Agree totally. Trading Wiggins (or Bennett for that matter) would be monstrously short sighted given Love's impending free agency and growing reputation as a one way empty stats guy.

No one else has the assets to gain Love before next summer's free agency, so there is absolutely no need to be hasty in acquiring him. The can just sit back and watch Wiggins tear the league apart in his rookie season and watch Bennett make a run at MIP.

lebron signed a 2 yr contract.
lebron wants love to join him. it will take wiggins going the other way.

in 2 years time we will have decision III. if lebron leaves it leaves the franchise with probably no one (well no star power in wiggins).

think about it
Lebron will finish his career in cleveland with or without love, did you read the letter? There is no chance he leaves again

did he guarantee everyone that he will stay 100%?
Pretty much said he won't leave till he delivers cleveland a championship, if they don't trade for Love and they win the championship then clearly wiggins has worked out and helped achieve this. Therefore if Lebron wants to leave cavs after that then they are left in a way better position.

lebron signed a 2 yr contract.
lebron wants love to join him. it will take wiggins going the other way.

in 2 years time we will have decision III. if lebron leaves it leaves the franchise with probably no one (well no star power in wiggins).

think about it

99% chance Lebron stays in Cleveland - no matter what.
He values his image over anything, and after getting his rings, he has tried to cancelled out what was a massive PR hit from the first decision - no way he puts himself through that again.

99% chance Lebron stays in Cleveland - no matter what.
He values his image over anything, and after getting his rings, he has tried to cancelled out what was a massive PR hit from the first decision - no way he puts himself through that again.

Dumb.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back