Unofficial Preview Clinton Young - The Forgotten Man - What impact can he have in 2014?

Remove this Banner Ad

Clinton Young. He will pretty much be like a new Recurit as he been injured all season and only played 3-4 games all season.

Well he will give us run and a Beautiful Long Kick he has. That he can Deliver to White and Cloke.

If he can stay injury free he can make a Impact in 2014 Season

We have lost a heap of experience this off season. We have also lost a bit of outside run with the Thomas defection. I certainly think that we will be looking to Young to bring a bit into the side in 2014. The big question is can he get over his injury issues? He has a pretty poor track record in this regard.

Merge Ahoy !

If you think a thread should be merged or deleted report the OP with your reasons why. Don't make the suggestion in the thread, it isn't the place for it. Personally I think this topic has merit. I've updated the thread title to make it clearer.

Is he going to lose us a flag like his fumble did at Hawthorn o_O

He was pretty handy in the flag win the year prior. Isolating one passage of play is pretty unfair. His overall finals and grand final record is actually pretty good.

He's 28 and his bodies ability to play a full season now is seriously questionable. I hope he can come back can make an impact but realistically I'm not holding out much hope. Was never a gun player anyway so he's really more depth than anything else and should be made to force his way into the side via some sustained injury free good form in the VFL.

If he gets fit and healthy he's best 22, but that would require at least 2-3 games in a row either in the pre season or in the VFL (if he breaks down in the pre season).

He has the ability to be a big help for us next season, but whether he can stay fit is the obvious question.

If he gets fit and healthy he's best 22, but that would require at least 2-3 games in a row either in the pre season or in the VFL (if he breaks down in the pre season).

He has the ability to be a big help for us next season, but whether he can stay fit is the obvious question.

Sums it well Matty. If he can play all the Off-Season Games Injury Free he be a Real Chance for RD 1.

But as you say his History with Injury is not good

I believe, if he can stay fit, he plays a massive part in our team.

There is nobody else in our team with his kicking skills imo.

I may be over estimating his importance but I have him in our 10 most important players due to his skill set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can stay on the paddock he will be more than handy.
I just remember the game when he ran down that speedy blonde Carlton player on the wing and they crossed to Bucks in the coaches box.
His reaction was exactly how I felt.
Unfortunately he got injured after that.:(

And his name is Clinton
artworks-000041474082-mpgtx3-crop.jpg

I don't really rate him, I hope guys like Seedsman and Broomhead take the next step and become consistent enough that Young stays fit and still can't break into the side.

I'm hoping he can play the Leigh Brown role

Go on! One more time!

Clinton Young will play half-back in 2014 and will be responsible for kicking-in.

I'm not sold on this!

Would like to think Clinton Young can play an important part of our season this year, but tbh, I think we should be getting games into some younger talent we have looking into the future.

He'll need to be at his best to be best 22 IMO which will be hard I think with injury and confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back