Roast Cloke and White Goal Kicking Holding us Back

Remove this Banner Ad

Granted true, but if we kicked 5 goals in the third (mainly due to fasolo's misses that we didn't) and kicked the 5 we should of got against fremantle we win both games. It's too simplistic to look at the last 5 minutes of a game.
Many factors influence a game but when the game is there to be won in the final minutes and a player has a chance to be a hero and fails thats a choke.

Many factors influence a game but when the game is there to be won in the final minutes and a player has a chance to be a hero and fails thats a choke.
It is indeed, but Fasolo could of kicked 5 straight and been a hero as well. But many say he didn't choke.
Elliot hardly touched the ball and is our second greatest asset on the scoreboard, but did he choke?

It is indeed, but Fasolo could of kicked 5 straight and been a hero as well. But many say he didn't choke.
Elliot hardly touched the ball and is our second greatest asset on the scoreboard, but did he choke?
So why don't people talk about more factors that the Milne bounce in the 2010 GF draw?

So why don't people talk about more factors that the Milne bounce in the 2010 GF draw?
Because the gutless little twerp didn't attack the ball, he played it safe and payed the penalty, must have killed you

And yet here we are doing everything we can to avoid a drug culture at Collingwood... o.o

Well... we aren't really

If you refuse to recruit anyone who has made off field mistakes you're going to miss out on some great success stories. Half of our premiership team had a dodgy off field history but no one cared then..\

Well... we aren't really

If you refuse to recruit anyone who has made off field mistakes you're going to miss out on some great success stories. Half of our premiership team had a dodgy off field history but no one cared then..\

Buckley and Malthouse are worlds apart with their values, and I don't think Bucks would turn a blind eye to people with dodgy histories.
We were hot on the trail of Toby Greene and then turned right off him after his incidents.

Buckley and Malthouse are worlds apart with their values, and I don't think Bucks would turn a blind eye to people with dodgy histories.
We were hot on the trail of Toby Greene and then turned right off him after his incidents.

When did you hear we where Super Keen on Toby Green Tempest

Yet we stand by Swan and Marley Williams? (just to name a few). Completely hypocritical.

Bennell is a "bad boy" but maybe getting out of the Gold Coast and into a place with strong culture will set him on the right path. How many guys at Collingwood have done what Bennell has done do you think?

Yet we stand by Swan and Marley Williams? (just to name a few). Completely hypocritical.

Bennell is a "bad boy" but maybe getting out of the Gold Coast and into a place with strong culture will set him on the right path. How many guys at Collingwood have done what Bennell has done do you think?

Not many under Bucks but a few under MM.

We had his Older Brother in 2008 or 2009? but we Kicked him out after 1 year as he always got in Trouble

and I even Started it:eek: Surprise I did not remember that.

What did Greene do again? I think he Punched a Disabled Person?

Greene had an altercation at Zagames in Caulfield where he punched a bouncer because him and his mates were told they would no longer be served alcohol.

Bennell is a proven drug user, Swan has been accused but nothing has been proven, you think if Swan was caught taking drugs in the same way Bennell was that he'd ever be playing AFL again, let alone playing for Collingwood?

And while I don't condone what Marley done, he's definitely apologetic for the incident he had and he's doing the best he can to make up for it. I know this from first hand experience speaking to the guy.

If I was in Buckley's case I wouldn't take the chance on Bennell either, he's the type of guy that can ruin a culture.

Greene had an altercation at Zagames in Caulfield where he punched a bouncer because him and his mates were told they would no longer be served alcohol.

Bennell is a proven drug user, Swan has been accused but nothing has been proven, you think if Swan was caught taking drugs in the same way Bennell was that he'd ever be playing AFL again, let alone playing for Collingwood?

And while I don't condone what Marley done, he's definitely apologetic for the incident he had and he's doing the best he can to make up for it. I know this from first hand experience speaking to the guy.

If I was in Buckley's case I wouldn't take the chance on Bennell either, he's the type of guy that can ruin a culture.

Lol.. nothing proven with Swan... if you want to stick your head in the sand then so be it. So it's terrible to use recreational drugs.. but if you don't get caught by the media it's fine for culture. King hitting someone and almost going to jail for it is also fine for culture I guess because he said he was sorry.

The club knows EXACTLY what goes on off field... that's why Wellingham mysteriously felt the need to "go home" suddenly, they just choose not to act when it suits them (eg, the player is a star).

I would of thought one of the main reasons to build a strong culture in the first place is so you can pick up guys like Bennell, who need strong leaders, and band together as a club to make sure he pulls his head in... it's been done many times before. Make him live with Pendles or Varcoe for a few weeks, ban him from going out with Swanny and I reckon we can turn him into the superstar that he obviously has the talent to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the Talk from the Suns that no one Like Bennell at the Club

Lol.. nothing proven with Swan... if you want to stick your head in the sand then so be it. So it's terrible to use recreational drugs.. but if you don't get caught by the media it's fine for culture. King hitting someone and almost going to jail for it is also fine for culture I guess because he said he was sorry.

The club knows EXACTLY what goes on off field... that's why Wellingham mysteriously felt the need to "go home" suddenly, they just choose not to act when it suits them (eg, the player is a star).

I would of thought one of the main reasons to build a strong culture in the first place is so you can pick up guys like Bennell, who need strong leaders, and band together as a club to make sure he pulls his head in... it's been done many times before. Make him live with Pendles or Varcoe for a few weeks, ban him from going out with Swanny and I reckon we can turn him into the superstar that he obviously has the talent to be.

They be at least 50% of AFL Players that would have at least Tried Recreational Drugs

Go have a listen to the Hine interview last week... The bit where he talked about Dayle Garlett.
Said that we were into the kid, but didnt think we had the right list profile to take a risk on him... But that hawthorn were in the prime spot to try. (basically same applied to Freo with Sylvia).
If you are going after someone with those types of issues you do it on the cheap, and you don't bring them into a young list. If our list was a few years more developed then it would be worth the risk... But right now i would not bringing these guys into a group that is mostly under 24.

As for swan vs the guys who have left. Bucks' list decisions have all been about guys who are willing to buy into the team game... Swanny, despite whatever stories are about him, has appeared more than happy to follow what Bucks is saying. Though he is his own character and clearly isnt a traditional leader, he has been more than willing to do what was required.

A lot of the guys who are gone were either a disruptive influence in the clubhouse (or on field) or werent giving their all to training/recovery... Above all else, those are the guys you dont bring in to the team.

You aren't wrong... but add Elliot to the list. At least Cloke and White did something on the night. Elliot basically stayed at home. Same as last week.

So TD if you want to rip on White and Cloke that's fine. BE CONSISTENT. Elliot was worse.
Don't troll players I'll report you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back