Cloke Intentional Kick to Smiths Face

Remove this Banner Ad

maceyone

Debutant
Aug 15, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If it was Lewy, Mitch or Hodge they'd be talking 3 weeks.
Kick to head, he watched what he was doing, off with blood rule-stitches to Izzy with concussion test.
Dog act by Cloke..100% intentional. Will be looked at but will let him off due to he's limited co-ordination, which can't be argued.
While im at it did I not see a fend off to Docs head also from Cloke-no free?
Cloke further slings he's opponent away in 3 contests last night. If Lake did that to him 3 frees against.
Dont worry Izzy, the pain youre feeling now can be offset by the fact the flog costs Collingwood $4.5M over 5 years and he's kicking gives Buckley a hernia.

Didn't look good for Izzy but highly doubt it was intentional. Here's the replay but this is all Channel 7 played so you can't see him falling moments earlier and the momentum he had. Clumsy, but wont be looked at.

The video doesn't look great.
But everything iv seen and heard from Cloke leads me to believe his a pretty good bloke, just an unfortunate accident i think.
I believe he spoke to Izzy after the siren went.
It might be possible that he apologised after seeing the wound/tape. It wasn't deliberate for my money....feet were raised from falling over...definitely a free kick though just the same.
The umpires are the ones who need a please explain. They let Cloke play outside the rules on too many occasions with the holding, pushing and slinging of opponents. He also gets away with engaging his opponent when the ball is still miles away. And the two head high contacts to Izzy and Doc....how could all three muppets miss those ffs?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Accidental but should have been a free kick for high contact or kicking in danger.

Cloke probably could've shot someone on Friday and it would've been play on, however, this incident is not worthy of being scrutinised by the MRP.
I somewhat agree. I see it more as a reflex action like tripping. However, if he was in a Hawk jumper that plays "unsociable" football .......this would be treated quite differently.

I somewhat agree. I see it more as a reflex action like tripping. However, if he was in a Hawk jumper that plays "unsociable" football .......this would be treated quite differently.

If it was a Hawks players there would've been howling from clowns like Ralph for sure. The Varcoe bump (which is not suspension worthy either) would've also been played up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure he was falling, but in the full vision there was definitely a second movement. It was looked at again after the game and was mentioned as such by the C7 crew. Definitely second movement. Im not sure if the response was the standard 'not a good look' or 'it will get looked at'. Whatevers. I get shitty, not from the act itself, but the inconsistency in umpiring and commentary regarding it.
Anyhow, thought Smithy fought back brilliantly to get back into the game with what I would have thought may have been pretty impaired vision. Will have a nice shiner for sure.

Lastly, was good to see Cloke and Smithy talking and laughing after the game. Seemed pretty genuine. Re affirmed my view that Smithy is a good bloke about the place, a great footy personality, heart of the club type thing.

Straightened both legs to stop himself flipping all the way over. Nothing more than a missed free kick.

Some people need to open the other eye.
To be fair I think its only a small minority that think there's much in it.

I highly doubt he tried to kick him, and certainly not in the face, which makes the thread title quite comical and reflects poorly upon us.
Especially after we argued black and blue that Mitchell's knee to Walker had nothing in it..

Don't want to intrude, but Cloke fell over after attempting a mark. Clumsy? Yes, intentional? No way.
agree nothing to see here s**t happens sometimes...move on.

Accident. Cloke is a clumsy oaf and had just been upended, was rolling onto his shoulders and momentum was also spinning him sideways. Smith had eyes for the ball and didn't realise Cloke's leg was that close, should have gone in lower but with the rules these days emphasising staying on your feet in a contest he probably would have been pinged for something.

I just think he was trying to flex his leg to prepare for springing off the ground as quickly as possible, trying to create an 'arc' in his body shape.

Accident.

How many people claiming 'deliberate' would be claiming 'accident' if it was Lake who did it? I'm with Gold Member, open the other eye sometimes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back