Club off field finance growth

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Day Care Centres , they make a s**t load of money and every kid coming through the joint can be brain washed Richmond and we'll sure up our future memberships for the next 200 years. The players can drop in and do clinics its a win win.

It solves the pokie issue.

Just an idea, and left-of-centre without involving strippers, so bear with me.

Charity-type organisations are often structured as a "Foundation", which means they take their starting bucket of money, invest it in low-risk shares, and use the dividends to pay for scholarships or grants or whatever, without dipping into that starting bucket of money.

I'd like to see the Fighting Tiger Fund become the Fighting Tiger Foundation. That is, when I donate, or give 110%, the money goes into the starting bucket to buy low-risk shares. The dividends from the shares then get used for development coach salaries, while the nest egg stays untouched, or better, keeps growing.

What about Day Care Centres , they make a s**t load of money and every kid coming through the joint can be brain washed Richmond and we'll sure up our future memberships for the next 200 years. The players can drop in and do clinics its a win win.

Some of the players might need day care programs

Stig I would love to know what areas we are looking at when you said we are trying to find these revenue streams. It just seems to me if we aren't looking at pokie venues, we would then have to 'invest' in something which means potential loans. I have no problem with that mind you.

Why can't we look at buying some Pubs/Bars in Richmond area, doesn't have to be pokies involved..

Look how much money the London makes.. We could make a killing off of opposotion douchebag supporters

Buying pubs are frought with danger. Just ask Collingwood. Or dozens of ex footballers. Some have made a decent fist of it but not many.

Buying pubs are frought with danger. Just ask Collingwood. Or dozens of ex footballers. Some have made a decent fist of it but not many.
need to buy a good one and it'll be a huge success

Just an idea, and left-of-centre without involving strippers, so bear with me.

Charity-type organisations are often structured as a "Foundation", which means they take their starting bucket of money, invest it in low-risk shares, and use the dividends to pay for scholarships or grants or whatever, without dipping into that starting bucket of money.

I'd like to see the Fighting Tiger Fund become the Fighting Tiger Foundation. That is, when I donate, or give 110%, the money goes into the starting bucket to buy low-risk shares. The dividends from the shares then get used for development coach salaries, while the nest egg stays untouched, or better, keeps growing.
Which part pays the strippers wages? :D

Until the AFL deems it a loop hole and does include it!

So until then its the best way to increase revenue that can be spent on the football department etc.... that doesnt get the equalization TAX.
I dont think the AFL will touch considering so many clubs are still in Debt. We need to take advantage of it.

I would be spending money on cost efficient viewing areas at Punt rd oval and make that experience alot better. Having more under cover areas and better facilities for viewing the game for MRC members and 3121 members etc... The AFL's push for game day experience is good but I think we should channel our resources into making the punt rd experience even better thus getting a higher return.

I want to know that I can got to punt rd and be under cover whilst watching the reserves ...have a beer ... some food and that money all goes to our club. I also think we need a better MRC.... its too inclosed ... cant see the footy on punt rd... and the food isnt great. I reckon we need a 7 days a week club that we can make money 365 days a year. I dont get to Melbourne much but when I do I would love to beable to go to Punt rd park there and have some lunch/dinner... we would also benefit from non RFC games too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the back of the dogs spruiking doubling revenue in the next 5 years to 70m per year, and the discussion of footy dept expenditure to help on field success, I wanted to know from the board what we as a club need to do to get our revenue to a higher level.
Do we want to go into debt again to fund future projects?
Do we need more pokie venues?
What other revenue raising projects should we do?
Do we just rely on the FTF and sponsorship and membership growth?

Imo I don't think we can just rely on these measures and would like to see some new methods to fund our FD without having to worry about on field success. Thoughts?

RFC_Official Wouldn't mind your input to this too.
Ripper OP.

Question is, what's a football club supposed to be? Look at Collingwood, the hierarchy is as interested in making money as it is winning silverware. Enormous surpluses which they literally don't know how to spend once they paid for god-knows what latest US trend in conditioning, and their tenth ruck coach.

So they blow it on property investments and moving their club to Sth Yarra cause they think its cool. Do not want.

Then take the Richmond model, at least twice in the last 25 years, obscene, multi-million $ debts run-up, then the club goes cap in hand to us to bail them out. Put a plaque on the wall with the names of the generous, everyone's happy. Do not want either.

We should make just north of whatever the AFL average is(as we do right?), preferably not from pokies, and any extra give back to the fans via cheaper memberships, since without them the club was done.

I know the trend is to say $$$ = premierships, but I offer Collingwood as the counterpoint.

Ok sorry for the rant, everyone pls go back to flirting with each other :)

So until then its the best way to increase revenue that can be spent on the football department etc.... that doesnt get the equalization TAX.
I dont think the AFL will touch considering so many clubs are still in Debt. We need to take advantage of it.

I would be spending money on cost efficient viewing areas at Punt rd oval and make that experience alot better. Having more under cover areas and better facilities for viewing the game for MRC members and 3121 members etc... The AFL's push for game day experience is good but I think we should channel our resources into making the punt rd experience even better thus getting a higher return.

I want to know that I can got to punt rd and be under cover whilst watching the reserves ...have a beer ... some food and that money all goes to our club. I also think we need a better MRC.... its too inclosed ... cant see the footy on punt rd... and the food isnt great. I reckon we need a 7 days a week club that we can make money 365 days a year. I dont get to Melbourne much but when I do I would love to beable to go to Punt rd park there and have some lunch/dinner... we would also benefit from non RFC games too.
Like the idea of making Punt Rd better for the members, any way the club can give back.

Like the idea of making Punt Rd better for the members, any way the club can give back.

We would have to pay for it though.... I just think Punt rd can be a huge revenue source if done smartly... s**t I would volunteer to cook snags for a game or two knowing that all the money is going to the club not some dodgy catering company.

Can see the headlines Now.
RFC CHARGED WITH CHILD ABUSE:
The RFC has been charged on 30 counts of Child abuse after Ruckman Shaun Hampson was sent to the local Child Care Centre as an instructor on the finer things on football like marking,After the 1st and only failed attempt kids were seen openly distraught which most now with have emotional scars for the rest of their lives.A RFC spokesman said that the authorities should be pointing the finger at the CFC as to the reasons why Hampson leaves not just adults but kids with life long nightmares.

We would have to pay for it though.... I just think Punt rd can be a huge revenue source if done smartly... s**t I would volunteer to cook snags for a game or two knowing that all the money is going to the club not some dodgy catering company.

I'm in the same boat... I quite often get sucked in to Sausage Sizzles for my kids school, guides, auskick, milo cricket clubs... Would happily get down to Punt Rd to help out on game day, and I reckon many more would too.

The whole process of getting to a game with 2 kids under 10 can be quite a task... do I pack a lunch and backpack it to the G, or do I tuck away $50 to feed them? If I had the option of getting to Punt Rd and dropping $20 on a feed and let them have a kick on the ground then I'd be all for it.

Club could also "reward" those who volunteer by offering tickets or upgraded seats to a smaller crowd game.

I've had in the back of my mind for a while now about the club having a "Supporters Committee" or "Fan Council" where 20 members were selected to represent the fans and bounce ideas around about things like this as well game day experiences etc. It's all well and good for the club to say we're going to introduce this and that, but when it comes down to the fans doing it (example: Terry's towel) we're all like Nup.

The RFC has been charged on 30 counts of Child abuse after Ruckman Shaun Hampson was sent to the local Child Care Centre as an instructor on the finer things on football like marking,After the 1st and only failed attempt kids were seen openly distraught which most now with have emotional scars for the rest of their lives.A RFC spokesman said that the authorities should be pointing the finger at the CFC as to the reasons why Hampson leaves not just adults but kids with life long nightmares.

POTY

I'm in the same boat... I quite often get sucked in to Sausage Sizzles for my kids school, guides, auskick, milo cricket clubs... Would happily get down to Punt Rd to help out on game day, and I reckon many more would too.

The whole process of getting to a game with 2 kids under 10 can be quite a task... do I pack a lunch and backpack it to the G, or do I tuck away $50 to feed them? If I had the option of getting to Punt Rd and dropping $20 on a feed and let them have a kick on the ground then I'd be all for it.

Club could also "reward" those who volunteer by offering tickets or upgraded seats to a smaller crowd game.

I've had in the back of my mind for a while now about the club having a "Supporters Committee" or "Fan Council" where 20 members were selected to represent the fans and bounce ideas around about things like this as well game day experiences etc. It's all well and good for the club to say we're going to introduce this and that, but when it comes down to the fans doing it (example: Terry's towel) we're all like Nup.

Yep more supporter ownership the better.

The Hammer Insitute of Fumbling and kicking out on the full!
THIFKOOF

Good idea on the 7 day club. Not sure on the logistics tho.

Ripper OP.

Question is, what's a football club supposed to be? Look at Collingwood, the hierarchy is as interested in making money as it is winning silverware. Enormous surpluses which they literally don't know how to spend once they paid for god-knows what latest US trend in conditioning, and their tenth ruck coach.

So they blow it on property investments and moving their club to Sth Yarra cause they think its cool. Do not want.

Then take the Richmond model, at least twice in the last 25 years, obscene, multi-million $ debts run-up, then the club goes cap in hand to us to bail them out. Put a plaque on the wall with the names of the generous, everyone's happy. Do not want either.

We should make just north of whatever the AFL average is(as we do right?), preferably not from pokies, and any extra give back to the fans via cheaper memberships, since without them the club was done.

I know the trend is to say $$$ = premierships, but I offer Collingwood as the counterpoint.

Ok sorry for the rant, everyone pls go back to flirting with each other :)

I agree its unlikely we can catch the pies, but I agree we do need to be a lot better than we have today. I want to be able to future proof any down turn in team performances.

This is a brilliant idea, but there is a fine line between "Positive reinforcement" and child abuse.
Some ideas on positive reinforcement
1 The Richmond players come dressed like The Wiggles and sing football tunes.
2 Child care centre staff need to instructed to name all the toys after Richmond players e.g "Dusty the tractor"
3 Rhett Bartlett to give history lessons to the children

Remove this Banner Ad

Back