Media Club Power Rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another rankings thread.

This time, I'll be ranking each club's relevancy in the league*.

Each club's position on the list will be based on how much we actually care about the club. It will include the strength of their topline posters, leaders and depth of squad. It will inclue their match thread capabilities. It will include the presence of each club around the league (including media and stats threads).

Basically, it will be a summation of how relevant each club is in this competition at the moment. Who are the most relevant destination clubs? Who has fallen into the zone of nothingness?

Some clubs are loved and some are hated. But even worse, there are clubs that nobody really cares about. The rankings may be adjusted mid-season and end of season, but let's be honest, probably not.

*All opinions expressed in this thread are the opinions of the writer only and do not reflect the views of the league.

1- NWO Dragons
2- Gold City Royals
3. West Coast Wonders
4. East Side Hawks
5. Las Vegas Bears
6. Coney Island Warriors
7. Fighting Furies
8. Geelong Wolves
9. Baghdad Bandits
10. Sin City Swamprats
11. Roys FFC

Last edited:
We will be starting with the most relevant club at the moment. Because, let's be honest, the most anticipated positions will be the least relevant clubs.

1 - The NWO Dragons * **

They are at the peak of their powers at the moment. So many storylines, where do we start?

They wanted to rig the royal rumble. Noobz0r left a struggling club he led to wither. Gee Dub continues to swipe his ex-teammates. League legend Ljp86 stands down after a huge run as captain of the club. They recruit PVF who is capable of anything. They have the simmer and Hall of Fame Immortal boncer34 in the team. The Filth Wizard practically runs this league and its podcasts. If TFW is the public face of the Dragons then Danoz is the far more capable string puller behind the scenes. He does incredible work with the stats and plenty of other work around the league.

They have targeted relevant players. They have created story lines left, right and centre. They are loved by some and hated by many. If you have an upcoming match thread against the Dragons, you pay attention. When they start posting around the league, you pay attention. You mate hate them for it, you may just hate them, but they are head and shoulders above any other club in terms of relevancy at this moment.

Many of their posters were flailing last season. Individually, there were cracks showing. But now that they have turned the competition upside down they have, collectively, created an extraordinary group and storyline that puts them at the forefront of the competition in terms of relevancy.

They're still s**t though.

* Not their real name
** "Behind the NWO" - 3 part Q and A coming out whenever I write it.

2 - Gold City Royals

Those that are determined to tear down the Royals are kidding themselves. Either way, they are just making the Royals more relevant.

In times where the Royal family are becoming less and less relevant, the GCR crew are just stepping it up.

Have a look at their top line posters. Son of God, Marlowe, Wise Guy Sam, Juggalo Balla, it's brilliant. League stalwart Easty is in great posting form and shows that you don't have to post a lot to have an impact. Last year's recruits timtamWB, NathanMJ_WB54, sverik25 are great posters. They have bought in Speck and 3KZ is Football from other clubs.

The Royals have always had terrific top end talent. Their best few posters have been the best or among the best in the league since the famous takeover from Easty. But over the past couple of seasons they have added depth. Although I left the club, they bought in Juggs, Speck and 3KZ along with more rookies. They have an incredible list. And this list is full of posters with a strong league presence.

Their mix means that match threads against the Royals are always interesting. The presence of their posters around the league means you can't escape them.

The Royals may end up on top if they weather the NWO storm. They are a force in this competition and, in my view, the strongest and most versatile list in the competition, which keeps them constantly relevant with little effort.

Um Okey, have you checked the activeness of the nWo recruits before you made that call?

They don't all sit with their eyes glued to BigFooty Beng.

PVF, Hate and Noobz0r have been very solid. The other two are away for legitimate reasons. No concerns as far as I see.

They don't all sit with their eyes glued to BigFooty Beng.

PVF, Hate and Noobz0r have been very solid. The other two are away for legitimate reasons. No concerns as far as I see.
Concerning times for the Dragons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerning times for the Dragons.

Ha.

Nobody at the Dragons that feels compelled to have one out of every five match thread posts. Look in your own backyard and inspire them to share the load.

Accepting mediocrity is the first step to losing hard.

Correct.

Young Beng is still offended though that Gee Dub's passing shot was promoting Shermy in his place so I'm simply advising him that maybe he should work on nurturing his own charges instead of peering over the fence at a club that is doing quite well.

Don't worry though, you'll be spending a lot of time with him this week. A lot. Out of 295 total match posts last round (that's both teams combined) against the Wonders Beng managed 60. Of course, if you prefer quantity over quality I'm sure you'll have a splendid week :thumbsu:

Um Okey, have you checked the activeness of the nWo recruits before you made that call?

Wasn't that the whole angle of the troll?
It is surely a troll, right?

Correct.

Young Beng is still offended though that Gee Dub's passing shot was promoting Shermy in his place so I'm simply advising him that maybe he should work on nurturing his own charges instead of peering over the fence at a club that is doing quite well.

Don't worry though, you'll be spending a lot of time with him this week. A lot. Out of 295 total match posts last round (that's both teams combined) against the Wonders Beng managed 60. Of course, if you prefer quantity over quality I'm sure you'll have a splendid week :thumbsu:
Haha, you're a Wizard filthy! With a wave of your wand you've made the Dragons seem more active yet so much more floggy. Well done!

Haha, you're a Wizard filthy! With a wave of your wand you've made the Dragons seem more active yet so much more floggy. Well done!

Look, I'm neither for or against the Dragons. They just are. Much like the Bandits.

However, if you're going to throw stones about team activity it's probably advisable to have an active team to throw stones with...

Look, I'm neither for or against the Dragons. They just are. Much like the Bandits.

However, if you're going to throw stones about team activity it's probably advisable to have an active team to throw stones with...
Or a really really really really strong arm............................which i believe Bengwatkins has ;)

What's your definition of active?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back