Club World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Think there is a case to complain if Topor Stanley ' s red card shouldn't have stood. As for Spira he was sent off anyway.

WSW had a player on the field that should've been off. You lose the right to complain at that point. NTS knew that he got the first card (even though it was not his fault) because the ref pointed at him and showed him it. Should not have taken the player down in the challenge that got him the second yellow.

WSW had a player on the field that should've been off. You lose the right to complain at that point. NTS knew that he got the first card (even though it was not his fault) because the ref pointed at him and showed him it. Should not have taken the player down in the challenge that got him the second yellow.

Yeah fair enough. It was appalling refereeing though. Popovic said he wasn't even asked if he wanted to postpone the game which I thought was not good enough.

All up the game was a farce.

It should never have been played in those conditions. The Wanderers' goal was scored purely from the conditions, so that was good fortune to them.

The refereeing was sub-standard - the Wanderers got some calls that went their way (like Topor-Stanley's first yellow, as it meant they still had 11 players for another 20 minutes) and some calls that didn't go their way (like Topor-Stanley's second yellow - if that first yellow was a case of mistaken identity, then that should've been his first yellow and they still would've had 10 players).

FIFA have alot of egg on their face from this game.

Because of the tight scheduling it sounds like FIFA made a decision to play the game regardless of conditions. Which isn't good enough. Will be interesting to see how the pitch fares when Real play Cruz Azul on tuesday night/wed morning our time. I can see Real refusing to play if it is a mud bath and rightly so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair effort from Auckland, wonder if a few will end up with pro contracts like Krishna did after
last years CWC.

whats the point playing the final real will hammer whoever they meet
Its not always a foregone conclusion as we saw when Chelsea got owned by Corinthians or when Liverpool and Barca got smashed.

But this Real team is on another level unlike past CL winners so I expect a hammering too.

Its not always a foregone conclusion as we saw when Chelsea got owned by Corinthians or when Liverpool and Barca got smashed.

But this Real team is on another level unlike past CL winners so I expect a hammering too.

Liverpool had 3 perfectly good goals disallowed against it and dominated when playing in the 2005 CWC final. Hardly "smashed"!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back