Clubbies 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny you say that, they played their 1's in a practice game pre-season & they won quite comfortably according to their players. Could be them talking sh!t, but wouldn't surprise me if were true.

Not sure about all that re: Hawthorn. A good clubbies Division 2 side but thats about it. What are your thoughts regarding Old Xavs Division 1 Clubbies? Who could they match it with? They are a very impressive outfit.

Funny you say that, they played their 1's in a practice game pre-season & they won quite comfortably according to their players. Could be them talking sh!t, but wouldn't surprise me if were true.

Didn't happen, and they have not played there 1's ever as far as I know.

No surprise Hawthorn won in the Clubbies Div 2.

Sorry but imo that side is not a Clubbies team.
They were clearly way way ahead of anyone else.
The fact they beat Leo's twice by over 100 who finished second on the ladder is silly.

If that same team stays in Clubbies Div 2 next year, its not right at all.
By all means, congrats to Hawthorn (clearly the best side), but imo they were in the wrong division and have so many players that should/could be playing in the 1s and 2s.

That side would beat the majority of the two's sides in Div 1 and thats not a joke. Fairly solid/big units, a few of them could easily play 1s.

The other issue is half the sides are either purely "clubbies" and the other half are the "3rds" so to speak who loose players to their 1s and 2s through injury etc which doesn't help.

They will definitely go up next year, 30,36,21 and 8 would be in the mix to play 1s at Hawthorn I reckon. A few others would play 2s.

But to say they were out graded this year is not true after failing in the big dance twice previously.

They will be competitive in Division 1 next year but struggle against Xavs, Bernard's and Prahran..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played hawthorn this year. As soon as the fixture came out this year we knew the vafa got it wrong. They were a very good team, very well drilled and super fit. However their players aren't that physical and will struggle against the top div 1 teams, especially old xavs, who we played against last year. Xavs were just awesome and Hawthorn wont get close to them, especially if james mcdonnell plays on. Hawthorn kill you on the outside, with their run and skill. It was their fitness and depth that separated them from the top teams in div 2...not their best players. I thought Ormond were harder at the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back