Stats & History Clubs that never got off the ground

2001 - Super Sandcrows (thread #2 thread #2) :
Initially suggested by Frodo as the initial season began forming, to tap the West and South Aussies market. Other clubs such as the Seventh Wonders team were more successful and generally squeezed the Sandcrows out of contention for a place in the inaugural season.

2001 - Jennifer Cafe Lattes (thread) :
Old Dark Navy's, pissed off that he was commandeered by multiple clubs and then left in a club he hadn't heard of, basically threatened to start this team pretty much to draw attention to himself as a recruitment candidate :D He was promptly told where to go :thumbsu: (to an existing team)

2001 - Animals (thread) :
Announced formation middle of Season 01, under the auspices of NIKOFF, and filled with players who were, also, NIKOFF under other names. One poster, two unknowing other posters, and about a score of aliases :D

2002 - Amazons {thread) :
A shortlived poser put out by mantis to see if there was interest in a girl-power team. Unfortunately none of them were able to hear mantis' call, as they were all busy in their kitchens.

2006 - Kieran Killers (thread) :
In the midst of Frankston Rovers' formation thread for the Southern Sharks, Yze_13 added the above aside, explaining that he'd contacted league admin Deestroy about starting a new club to expunge the bye. They managed one more, terse and fatal, mention. This is the least distance a new club has travelled, by my reckoning.

2007 - Bell Post Hornets (thread) :
In the midst of the finals series of Season 07, the Bell Post Hornets buzzed in. It was a fairly stock-standard timeline for a failed club attempt:
1. Start thread announcing new team
2. Cop a few old stagers slamming the idea.
3. Back away from the thread, slowly.
Well, lets hope Wiskers32 wasn't too badly harmed by the experience. :) ... he pulled up fine, went straight to the new players thread and played the season with the Wonders, returning in Season 10 to have a run with the Southern Dragons.

2008 - unnamed Bulldogs-affiliated team (thread) :
Suggested by mattyboy_08 but refused due to a need to maintain/increase activity levels in the existing teams.
Thread is to be preserved for heritage reasons, as it contains instances of Fred actually trolling :D

2008 - The Embers (post) :
Submitted by True Blue Navy Blues to Admin TFLUA-Tiger privately, but referenced in the submission thread for the Bulldogs-affiliated team attempt. As with the Bulldogs team, and the Vipers, timing proved to be the main downfall of this venture. Additionally, the strong leaning towards 'affiliation' (having the club be based on an AFL team) was seen as a major frailty.

2008 - Eastern Vipers (thread) :
A8KMMMh.png
MPAMYQZ.png

ClarkeM suggested this new club and did seem to have enough to put it together. However, the Vipers met with opposition from the league admin and most of the existing clubs, who had just spent a season or so coming to terms with the damage that over-extending the league could do.

The venture was more ill-timed than anything else, as the Sweet FA had, at about the same time, just turned primarily postessional, meaning that forum activity was now at least as important as player performance on the field.

The argument in opposition to new clubs was, in short, that new (active) players should be used to replace "list cloggers", rather than form a new team that was part-active, part-clogger.

The Eastern Vipers, before becoming an official Sweet FA club, was absorbed into the Southern Dragons.

The Vipers hold the esteemed honour of being the most advanced Sweet FA club not to have competed.

2008 or 09 - South Fremantle Sharks (post) :
A single post, in the middle of the South Coast Croweaters submission thread sees Pacemaker refer to a new team that didn't make it. doggiesin08 is this what your cryptic reference to pacemaker starting a team down below is about?

2010 - South Coast Croweaters* (thread) :
0GxOwKL.jpg

In the middle of Season 11, Alberton Magpie tried to get another South Aussie club together at one stage. He also attempted to get some feedback on the concept via a poll.

* While no name was ever openly given, the image as shown above bore the filename SouthCoastCrowEaters.jpg. This might have been a throwaway working title and not at all intended to have been the name of the club.

Last edited:
2001 - Jennifer Cafe Lattes (thread) :
Old Dark Navy's, pissed off that he was commandeered by multiple clubs and then left in a club he hadn't heard of, basically threatened to start this team pretty much to draw attention to himself as a recruitment candidate :D He was promptly told where to go :thumbsu:

Curses ... foiled again. Still, I have to move with the times and since Capriati has long since disappeared ..... I propose that disillusioned players join me in my new venture .... The Maria Sheer Up Overs.

Haha ...err ... well off you go and enter a submission to Boncer :D

Question for everyone who was around here in 2008. Refer The Embers in the opening post. Who is/was TBNB? I can't work out who that stands for.
Isn't that True Blue Navy Blues? He is still running around somewhere.

I'll take the blame for the embers. TBNB was a Demon and wanted to captain a team so we ran through a few team names and potential players. I then turned my attention to the RFFL and left him to sort out the rest. :thumbsu:

Yeah, it was True Blue Navy Blues

Ahh ok, never heard of him. Nuffin' wrong with the name but :thumbsu:

I was reading over the Season 10 or 9 Mobbenfuhrer Medal thread and you knew who he was Mobbs. You're getting old mate

The Eastern Vipers were pretty much fully formed as a club.

They announced intention to join the Sweet FA.

Sweet FA Admin turned them down.

The club, without a league, dissolved.

There is reference to the club (playing operations? players?), being, mainly, taken on by the existing Sweet FA club, the Southern Dragons.

Pretty similar to the Dingoes and the Razors in Season 02.

Back