Stats & History Clubs that never got off the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

2002 - Amazons {thread) :
A shortlived poser put out by mantis to see if there was interest in a girl-power team. Unfortunately none of them were able to hear mantis' call, as they were all busy in their kitchens.

lol :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sooooo ...

Well, anyway!

This thread does not need to list only official bids, but simply any ideas that either gathered some pace or got some media traction, or indeed gets repeated media traction in passing - thereby being useful at the least for lore. Therefore the (mostly in-jest) reserves team movements from the Hawks, Roys & Bombers over the seasons are also relevant. Only team proposals that are intended to take the piss out of the concept of proposing a team, or expansion in general, are to be refused a listing.
Goal of the thread is data collection, presentation of the same data, and availability of this data for any purpose that suits the community (lore, reboot, toilet paper, etc).

Bold text means an actual league-certified BID was submitted.

pre-S13ish - Roys Reserves.
pre-S14 - West Gate Trolls (2011-ish) ( LeverPuller )
pre-S15ish? - Hawks Reserves.
pre-S16 - OFG Warriors (can the Coney Island Warriors be compared?) ( Karnezis_13 )
pre-S16 - Sunstate Norveners ( fumbler )
pre-S24 - West Gate Trolls ( LeverPuller )
pre-S26 - North Side Serpents ( haydo )
pre-S29ish - Bombers Reserves.
pre-S30 - Boys Club Tangerines ( pantskyle )
pre-S30 - Southside Shitgibbons ( TheInjuryFactory )
pre-S30 - Pennsylvania Vampires ( Millky95 )
pre-S30 - Death Valley Serpents ( haydo )

What else has cropped up? please supply any details, links and approx Ssn# of first derivation!

And if I have stated the wrong person in any case as the most appropriate force behind each concept, also please advise.

Last edited:
Sooooo ...

Well, anyway!

This thread does not need to list only official bids, but simply any ideas that either gathered some pace or got some media traction, or indeed gets repeated media traction in passing - thereby being useful at the least for lore. Therefore the (mostly in-jest) reserves team movements from the Hawks, Roys & Bombers over the seasons are also relevant. Only team proposals that are intended to take the piss out of the concept of proposing a team, or expansion in general, are to be refused a listing.
Goal of the thread is data collection, presentation of the same data, and availability of this data for any purpose that suits the community (lore, reboot, toilet paper, etc).

Red text means an actual league-certified BID was not submitted.

pre-S16 - OFG Warriors (can the Coney Island Warriors be compared?) ( Karnezis_13 )
pre-S?? - Sunstate Norveners ( fumbler ) please supply approx Ssn# of first derivation

What's haydo 's original proposed team again? please supply any details, links and approx Ssn# of first derivation!
pantskyle had mentioned a team once that reminded me of the fhq team the Aubergine Flanges. Something about fruit or berries anyway. please supply any details, links and approx Ssn# of first derivation!
What else has cropped up? please supply any details, links and approx Ssn# of first derivation!

And if I have stated the wrong person in any case as the most appropriate force behind each concept, also please advise.

Sunstate Norveners would have been ten time premiers by now.
I’ll look back but I think it was around S16 preseason??
It was what gave me the idea for the SPC, I guess you could call Sunstate the precursor.

Sunstate Norveners would have been ten time premiers by now.
I’ll look back but I think it was around S16 preseason??
It was what gave me the idea for the SPC, I guess you could call Sunstate the precursor.
Awesome thanks!
The thread date (late 2012) sets your gestation at mid-S15, therefore with a view towards S16.
Mid-way through season 22 (mid-2016) was the time of the SPC.

Sooooo ...

Well, anyway!

Red text means an actual league-certified BID was not submitted.

pre-S?? - Sunstate Norveners ( fumbler ) please supply approx Ssn# of first derivation

What's haydo 's original proposed team again? please supply any details, links and approx Ssn# of first derivation!
pantskyle had mentioned a team once that reminded me of the fhq team the Aubergine Flanges. Something about fruit or berries anyway. please supply any details, links and approx Ssn# of first derivation!

haydo - North Shore Serpents aka haydo's Lizards (JoshWoodenSpoon)

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/gumbies-ffc-offically-penalised-again.1193690/post-55640100 (first reference I can find)

pantskyle - Boys Club Tangerines

TheInjuryFactory - Southside Shitgibbons

haydo - North Shore Serpents aka haydo's Lizards (JoshWoodenSpoon)

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/gumbies-ffc-offically-penalised-again.1193690/post-55640100 (first reference I can find)

pantskyle - Boys Club Tangerines

TheInjuryFactory - Southside Shitgibbons

Thank you Barry! Post updated. If I can bothered one day, I'll update the OP.

The Tangerines being excluded will go down as the leagues darkest day.
I actually like the guernsey. This should have been a thing. Vipers, Serpents, Vampires & Tangerines - 2 divisions of 8 apiece.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back