Coach watch - Post MM

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems pretty clear to me the Trigg deal is a gambit move by the club to lure Sando over.

We may have to deal with some negative publicity now, but you lot just wait until we get to see Brenton in a navy blue polo (sans the red and yellow crap)...

Happy days.

I think his inside knowledge on Crows contracts are of more immediate value. I'm sure he has another Balfours pasty bag with some notes on it (and in it) somewhere.

IF Mick decides to pull the pin or IF he can't turn the club around and is shown the door, they I would hope to hell that we scour the nation for the best coach available at that point in time. One who is willing to buy into the club 110%.

At the moment, candidates would be (including some coaches currently at other clubs that I rate) in no particular order:
  • Alistair Clarkson
  • Ken Hinkley
  • Guy McKenna
  • Stuart Dew
  • Brendan Bolton
  • Nathan Bassett
  • Simon Black* (yet to see if he can coach, but he's a legend and a smart guy)
  • Matthew Scarlett
Bolton I think could be a good fit for Carlton. Think we need someone who is grounded and secure within himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread has it's merit, Mick will be gone by the end of 2015, especially after seeing his behaviour with Robbo on 360 last night, he is actually treating the players as I suspected, which is poorly. Maybe we can convince him to let the coach in waiting join him next season and slowly take over the reins ala Bucks at Collingwood?? But it would have to be someone Mick gets along with how about Lingy?? o_O

This thread has it's merit, Mick will be gone by the end of 2015, especially after seeing his behaviour with Robbo on 360 last night, he is actually treating the players as I suspected, which is poorly. Maybe we can convince him to let the coach in waiting join him next season and slowly take over the reins ala Bucks at Collingwood?? But it would have to be someone Mick gets along with how about Lingy?? o_O
I didnt see 360 last night, can you elaborate on his behaviour and why it has confirmed your suspicions?

I didnt see 360 last night, can you elaborate on his behaviour and why it has confirmed your suspicions?

Usually someone posts the Carlton segments on here don't they? It was when McClure and Kingy were discussing us. I'll try and look it up but basically the boys were walking towards to huddle for the break and Mick called Robbo over and starting having a go at him. Robbo sort of rolled his eyes as if to say 'not again' and tried to walk away. As he walked away Mick started following him and having more of a crack, the look on Robbo's face said it all really, it was like Barrassi vs Zantuck but Robbo didn't lose it though it was still continuing when the footage stopped.

In terms of confirming my suspicions, I always imagined Mick was an old fashioned coach with old fashioned values and one of those traits is to have your whipping boys, no doubt Waite and Robbo are it. I remember Robbo's comments after the final last year when he'd punched the ball through and openly admitted there and then he thought he was going to be traded because of that incident. Players should not be having to deal with crap like that, thoughts like that should not be entering the player's minds during a game it cannot be healthy. I have no doubt where that comes from.

Usually someone posts the Carlton segments on here don't they? It was when McClure and Kingy were discussing us. I'll try and look it up but basically the boys were walking towards to huddle for the break and Mick called Robbo over and starting having a go at him. Robbo sort of rolled his eyes as if to say 'not again' and tried to walk away. As he walked away Mick started following him and having more of a crack, the look on Robbo's face said it all really, it was like Barrassi vs Zantuck but Robbo didn't lose it though it was still continuing when the footage stopped.

In terms of confirming my suspicions, I always imagined Mick was an old fashioned coach with old fashioned values and one of those traits is to have your whipping boys, no doubt Waite and Robbo are it. I remember Robbo's comments after the final last year when he'd punched the ball through and openly admitted there and then he thought he was going to be traded because of that incident. Players should not be having to deal with crap like that, thoughts like that should not be entering the player's minds during a game it cannot be healthy. I have no doubt where that comes from.
Was it as bad as when Buckley grabbed Witts and attacked him on the boundary?

etsal1

Absolutely not. It was more Robbo's attitude and general demeanour that concerned me.

Of course it wasn't as bad. But Mick did it so they are making a big deal about it.

Mick knows who can handle it. I trust him to know more than a drunk Mark Robinson and a conflicted Mark Maclure after his outburst last week.

etsal1

They weren't or didn't make a big deal of it it was more something in the background footage that I observed myself. So I guess I'm the one making the big deal. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back