Official Club Stuff Coaches box changes + SANFL Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Rohdey said we're about to announce a development coach and said it was a "big man" to help with the rucks also.

Ink is still drying so will wait a bit to announce it, but its close.

Also said he was coming over from interstate. Brendon Lade was my first thought.

Rohdey did confirm it wasn't Darren Jolly or Leigh Brown.

Ex ruckmen who were assistant coaches in 2013 season...

Capuano (carl) Hudson (col) Primus (gc) Brogan (gws) Rehn (port) Lade (rich) Playfair (syd) Longmuir (wce) King (wb)

Rohdey said we're about to announce a development coach and said it was a "big man" to help with the rucks also.

Ink is still drying so will wait a bit to announce it, but its close.
Oh s**t

744925-jarman.jpg

I called Ottens months ago and I'll stick to it.

As awesome as it would be to get Lade back there's just no way it'll happen. Leaving a Richmond where he's midfield coach to be a development coach at Port would be a significant step backwards for him and end any chance of senior coaching down the track.

I called Ottens months ago and I'll stick to it.

I liked your post months ago and I'll stick to it too :thumbsu:

All the pieces fit. He has a Hinkley connection which could help attract him to our club, he has junior coaching experience (had a role as ruck/forward coach with both the U18 and U16 NSW/ACT junior sides), and he has AFL coaching experience in a successful system (currently the ruck coach at the Cats). He also brings the rare advantage of having excelled at two positions at AFL level, which makes him a good role model for both our rucks and our key forwards. That kills two birds with one stone, since we don't have a role model for either of those positions amongst our coaching staff right now. I'd love for it to be Ottens.

I didn't realise Ottens had so much coaching experience. Sounds like he would be a good get.

Rohdey also mentioned that Alan Richardson is over in WA working with Ric Charlesworth, coach of the Kookaburras. I think he's there for a week.

Rohde said that Richo has gone to Perth to talk to Rick Charlesworth for a few days.

Last week there was a hockey tournament on in Perth, the International Super 9's. ABC TV covered it and on Grandstand show on ABC24 one night, Peter Wilkins had a long interview with Charlesworth. I thought, I wonder if the club could use him in some capacity after his stint with Freo a few years ago. Club was already on to it.

Rohdey also mentioned that Alan Richardson is over in WA working with Ric Charlesworth, coach of the Kookaburras. I think he's there for a week.

Really like this. Ric Charlesworth is regarded at having one of the greatest coaching minds on the planet.

As well as coaching he's done a lot of high performance type consulting. He got a big rap from the Perth Glory a few years ago from some work he did there. I'm pretty sure he did some stuff at the Eagles a few years ago too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former Melbourne assistant and Geelong Falcons coach Aaron Greaves has joined Port Adelaide as a development coach.

edit: He coached Geelong Falcons to 1st in the TAC Cup this year.

Well, that was unexpected.

Err ... OK. That's uninspiring.

Hopefully Hinkley and/or Hocking had some involvement with him back at Geelong Falcons and saw something he liked, because 'assistant midfield coach at Melbourne' isn't exactly a fantastic resume.

Err ... OK. That's uninspiring.

Hopefully Hinkley had some involvement with him back at Geelong Falcons and saw something he liked, because 'assistant midfield coach at Melbourne' isn't exactly a fantastic resume.

Everyone starts somewhere I guess. With a development role like that, the only way you can get a big name gun is by poaching from another club.

So far
Budda takes over McGregor (SANFL Coach)
Edwards takes over Budda (Forwards coach)
Walsh takes over Rehn (Mids coach)
Greaves takes over Edwards (development coach)
Cochrane upgraded to assistant coach at Port Maggies as well as being development coach.

Have I got anything wrong or missed anything?

There must be an appointment to come because Rohdey was certainly referencing a coach for the talls on AA last night when he said the ink was still drying on a contract.

I thought he said "a big man as development coach"

Probably on Kenny's recommendation?

From
Aaron Greaves – Midfield Development Coach

One of the first members to join Mark Neeld’s coaching panel, Greaves is now in his second year with the Demons.
Greaves is a highly respected coach from the Geelong region, who coached the Geelong Falcons for the 2010 and 2011 seasons. A former VFL player with Geelong, Greaves previously coached Leopold in the Geelong Football League.
Greaves, who has a physical education background, has also worked with Victorian Institute of Sport.

Source

Remove this Banner Ad

Back