Coaching Changes - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder what role Montgomery would fill? Assistant or VFL coach?

He's been at the Bulldog's since 2010 and was fav to get the job at the Dog's until Beveridge leapfrogged him.

Sounds like a good pickup if your mate is on the money

Aaaah

So I'm now arrogant according to you .another of your personal judgements
With the coaching issues aaaaaahhhhh bc we have achieved nothing to little in the last 3- 4 years.
Port ,west Coast, crows all have managed to win finals somewhere along the line.
I will tell you if you can be bothered go and check the ladders from 2009 onwards and take note of the teams around us. An astute observer like you will easily identify that Melbourne is still the prop. Although Roos has managed to still pull DH pants down
You will see we haven't really progressed
We need to overhaul the FD bc we now have a crop of guys who haven't achieved a finals win for up to 11 years
This is no about penis size mate it's about facts relating to rfc progress under this regime
Keep tossing the rfc spin out though

Nice speal about what you think is wrong at Richmond some I agree with, some I dont but how about instead of carrying on about RFC spin you stick to what we were discussing and answer the question as to why Ross is the man too replace DH, I've not at any stage mentioned the fd or where Melbourne or Paul Roos sit etc.
What I did ask from the start is why would we want to replace a coach that you seem to think can"t win a final, with a coach that over a lengthy tenure at two clubs it seems, can't win a flag?
Change for change sake is a large part of what brought Richmond to its knees in the beginning, if you were saying lets try and get Clarkson I would be right behind you as he has a proven track record of winning flags, but Ross Lyon, why?

Nice speal about what you think is wrong at Richmond some I agree with, some I dont but how about instead of carrying on about RFC spin you stick to what we were discussing and answer the question as to why Ross is the man too replace DH, I've not at any stage mentioned the fd or where Melbourne or Paul Roos sit etc.
What I did ask from the start is why would we want to replace a coach that you seem to think can"t win a final, with a coach that over a lengthy tenure at two clubs it seems, can't win a flag?
Change for change sake is a large part of what brought Richmond to its knees in the beginning, if you were saying lets try and get Clarkson I would be right behind you as he has a proven track record of winning flags, but Ross Lyon, why?
Have you gone over the ladders since 2009 or are you still circle jerking over DH ?Haha you fell for the Melbourne line and ignored the real issues .or didn't you read or comprehend what I was referring to???
If you want a professional club you need to be prepared professionally and instilled with discipline. SRL gets his team mentally and physically prepared for battle. What happened to Cotchin on EF day wouldn't happen with SRL . DH is still learning the basics after six years
We are going around in circles as again why would you want to keep an incompetent coach who has seen Groundhog Day in 3 EF ?
RFC still fails to see after 33 yrs that it's a united team instilled with hard work and discipline blessed with skill that gets yo there
Not videos of players hugging and saying sorry after each failure
Add to this docos with their big journey. It gets tiresome when they continue to fail .
Yeah keep going you're doing terrific

Last edited:

Talking to a guy who works for the AFL umpires department as an interchange steward. Says our bench is the most shambolic out of all the clubs. Lots of yelling, players not knowing when to go on and off, too many chiefs. Slightly concerned with this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you gone over the ladders since 2009 or are you still circle jerking over DH ?Haha you fell for the Melbourne line and ignored the real issues .or didn't you read or comprehend what I was referring to???
If you want a professional club you need to be prepared professionally and instilled with discipline. SRL gets his team mentally and physically prepared for battle. What happened to Cotchin on EF day wouldn't happen with SRL . DH is still learning the basics after six years
We are going around in circles as again why would you want to keep an incompetent coach who has seen Groundhog Day in 3 EF ?
RFC still fails to see after 33 yrs that it's a united team instilled with hard work and discipline blessed with skill that gets yo there
Not videos of players hugging and saying sorry after each failure
Add to this docos with their big journey. It gets tiresome when they continue to fail .
Yeah keep going you're doing terrific

The discussion we have had is purely about your comment that we should replace our existing coach, according to you because of lack of professionalism which causes us to keep failing at EF day, with a coach that fails at Preliminary final or Grand final day, sorry but your argument makes no sense at all.

Why not shoot for the stars and suggest that we replace Dimma with Clarkson or another proven Premiership winning coach?

Now if over the next year Lyon manages to adjust his gameplan to one that can win a flag fine but at the moment his failure in finals is as regular as Hardwicks, there is only one winner each year and currently Hardwick is still more experienced in that area than Lyon.

Do I now need to add a childish put down to try desperately to get my point across, as you do in every post?

The discussion we have had is purely about your comment that we should replace our existing coach, according to you because of lack of professionalism which causes us to keep failing at EF day, with a coach that fails at Preliminary final or Grand final day, sorry but your argument makes no sense at all.

Why not shoot for the stars and suggest that we replace Dimma with Clarkson or another proven Premiership winning coach?

Now if over the next year Lyon manages to adjust his gameplan to one that can win a flag fine but at the moment his failure in finals is as regular as Hardwicks, there is only one winner each year and currently Hardwick is still more experienced in that area than Lyon.

Do I now need to add a childish put down to try desperately to get my point across, as you do in every post?
Give yourself a rest .so it makes sense to keep Mr Groundhog?

Give yourself a rest .so it makes sense to keep Mr Groundhog?
Im simply saying change for change sake is not going too work, if someone better is available then of course we should try and get them, Ross firstly is not available and after a number of failed attempts at winning a flag is in my opinion not the answer anyway.

Thats not too difficult to understand is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im simply saying change for change sake is not going too work, if someone better is available then of course we should try and get them, Ross firstly is not available and after a number of failed attempts at winning a flag is in my opinion not the answer anyway.

Thats not too difficult to understand is it?
FFS mate very simple for you.
your on ignore ,bye

Are you to still going?
I was still looking for an answer as to why he thinks Lyon is the coach we should be chasing, I cant quite understand why we would want someone that so far has failed to achieve the ultimate.

Not sure what triggered the rest of the crap, I guess its just two aging blokes both hoping to once again enjoy the successful Richmond FC we grew up with as kids, apologies for side tracking the thread.

I was still looking for an answer as to why he thinks Lyon is the coach we should be chasing, I cant quite understand why we would want someone that so far has failed to achieve the ultimate.

Not sure what triggered the rest of the crap, I guess its just two aging blokes both hoping to once again enjoy the successful Richmond FC we grew up with as kids, apologies for side tracking the thread.

No probs, I think as an old fart too you both have valid points, I don't believe that Hardwick is the answer, but I have nfi who we should consider , but it certainly isn't Lyon,

No probs, I think as an old fart too you both have valid points, I don't believe that Hardwick is the answer, but I have nfi who we should consider , but it certainly isn't Lyon,
Yeah Im much the same, Hardwick imo has until his contract expires at the end of next year to get us to the next step or the liklehood is he never will, only coach at the moment that is worth throwing the kitchen sink at is Clarko, Simpson may be added to that list if he can get it done tomorrow, at least with those two even if you lose you get a style of football that people want to pay to see.

Because if you're a smart organisation with an eye to achieving the ultimate, you weigh up what each possible candidate has had to work with and how good their performance has been when viewed in that all-important context.

That way you can hopefully spot the difference between the bloke who got lucky 'riding like a bag of flour' and the bloke who has been riding a 'slashing race' and deserves a crack on a better horse.

Because if you're a smart organisation with an eye to achieving the ultimate, you weigh up what each possible candidate has had to work with and how good their performance has been when viewed in that all-important context.

That way you can hopefully spot the difference between the bloke who got lucky 'riding like a bag of flour' and the bloke who has been riding a 'slashing race' and deserves a crack on a better horse.
I assume your analogy is about Lyon, as yet he hasn't either got lucky nor has he rode a slashing race, the sides he had at the Saints were well and truly good enough to win the flag and this year his side was minor Premiers, if we are going to replace Dimma it needs to be with a proven winner, why wouldnt we just throw everything at Clarkson instead?

Montgomery got knocked out in a final by Brodie Holland then came back on and kicked 3 goals and they won.

Been around a fair while. Would be an asset, I'd reckon.

Montgomery got knocked out in a final by Brodie Holland then came back on and kicked 3 goals and they won.

Been around a fair while. Would be an asset, I'd reckon.

Stop derailing the Hardwick V Lyon thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back