Coaching panel for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2005
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
We have Marc Webb, roger Hayden and Simon Eastaugh( he doubles as ruck coach) as our development coaches overseen by Simon Lloyd( doubles as an assistant as well) he now gorn

Mark stones is stoppages coach with Brett Kirk midfield coach he now gorn also

Peter sumich forwards coach

Michael Pryor backline coach

Is see Luke Webster has been let go by caaarlton as development coach. Could be a good get as development coach being a former docker.

I'd like to see Marc Webb move into the midfield. He was won three premierships with subi as a midfielder and coach Claremont to a flag I think he is wasted as development coach.

What is Leigh brown doing these days? Let's get him back as backline coach assisted by Luke mc

I think we need different eyes up forward. Maybe pav can be involved even if he plays on

Otherwise I'd use pav as a Skills coach!!!!!

Also laidley is without a job is he a chance?

We have Marc Webb, roger Hayden and Simon Eastaugh( he doubles as ruck coach) as our development coaches overseen by Simon Lloyd( doubles as an assistant as well) he now gorn

Mark stones is stoppages coach with Brett Kirk midfield coach he now gorn also

Peter sumich forwards coach

Michael Pryor backline coach

Is see Luke Webster has been let go by caaarlton as development coach. Could be a good get as development coach being a former docker.

I'd like to see Marc Webb move into the midfield. He was won three premierships with subi as a midfielder and coach Claremont to a flag I think he is wasted as development coach.

What is Leigh brown doing these days? Let's get him back as backline coach assisted by Luke mc

I think we need different eyes up forward. Maybe pav can be involved even if he plays on

Otherwise I'd use pav as a Skills coach!!!!!

Also laidley is without a job is he a chance?

I hear Mark Harvey isn't staying on at Essington. I reckon he might be interested :p

Carlton couldn't identify talent if it came up and slapped them in the face
Bolton will be the first Clarko disciple to fall on his face. Beveridge and Simpson walked into good lists, one on the rise and one that was bored shitless by it's former coach.

Not an amazing CV
"Rock then coached North Ballarat in the TAC Cup for three seasons before stints at Melbourne (2005-06), St Kilda (2007-08) and North Melbourne (2009) as assistant coaches.
Rock had a year off in 2010 before coaching Greenvale in the Essendon District Football League (EDFL) and won successive premierships in 2012 and 2013.
He then joined St Bernard's in the Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA) and capped a two-year stint with a premiership this season."

6 seasons since he's been involved at the top level and then straight back in from the amateurs.

Yep this is the most disappointing part.

C'mon Ross, challenge yourself and bring in someone unfamiliar!!
Anthony Rock is experienced and mature. Hopefully, that will help him to be more assertive and self-confident . Assuming he can think for himself, of course. The last thing we need is some kid coming out of coach school. Ross would make mince meat out of him.

Anthony Rock is experienced and mature. Hopefully, that will help him to be more assertive and self-confident . Assuming he can think for himself, of course. The last thing we need is some kid coming out of coach school. Ross would make mince meat out of him.

Mature perhaps but I wouldn't say he's all that experienced, especially not in a modern AFL system. Hasn't he been part time coaching in the amateurs the last 4 years?

Mature perhaps but I wouldn't say he's all that experienced, especially not in a modern AFL system. Hasn't he been part time coaching in the amateurs the last 4 years?
Not sure you need to be modern if you are working with Ross:rolleyes:

Time will tell. He has worked in the afl system and coached his own team and hopefully he has kept up with modern trends in footy,while coaching his recent side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bringing in someone who has an offensive mindset (somewhat like Matthew Knights) would be terrific. Bringing in someone who has worked with Ross previously, well that just seems like the opposite to me. Not writing him off at all, just don't see how this is much of an upgrade, let alone progress in coaching/gameplan moving forward.

Bringing in someone who has an offensive mindset (somewhat like Matthew Knights) would be terrific. Bringing in someone who has worked with Ross previously, well that just seems like the opposite to me. Not writing him off at all, just don't see how this is much of an upgrade, let alone progress in coaching/gameplan moving forward.

Might be good , as long as Lyon willing to discuss strategies with fyfe. We can bring in more attack oriented coach but in the end still whether Lyon listen or not still the key issue. You don't want player to split because of preference of senior coach and assistant .

Anthony rock seems a surprising choice, particularly as he's been out of the afl system for quite a few years.

We could do worse than having a close look at Jarrad Schofield.
By all accounts he is a very modern coach ,has been an AFL premiership player and did play at few games with us.
Ticks most of the boxes for me.

We may give more responsibility to the existing guys and rock may be just a development coach( code for assistant with no responsibility). He could be handy working with the younger guys.

Is Schofield staying at subi? Do ppl rate him?

Confused the * out of me? First I thought Anthony Rock = Anthony Rocca then I looked at the Pic and went Oh * its A typo and it's Sav Rocca. Now it's neither it's some dude from the WWF by the name of Rock :$

What this appointment tells me is that Ross isnt looking to renew with us once his contract ends. We had a good chance to replace Kirky and Lloyd with someone up an coming or with an experienced coach of equal or greater status than these two. Instead we go for some dude who has been coaching in the amateurs?

Confused the **** out of me? First I thought Anthony Rock = Anthony Rocca then I looked at the Pic and went Oh **** its A typo and it's Sav Rocca. Now it's neither it's some dude from the WWF by the name of Rock :$
Dwayne the Rock Johnson would actually be an awesome coach in my opinion. We might run into Essondope type trouble, but it would be fun.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back