Opinion Speculation over - Eade Coach

Who will be our next Coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next you'll tell us Buckley is a better coach than Malthouse.

If you look at my positing history on Buckley on the Coll board you would realise this is a stupid remark on your behalf.
As I said, don't say you weren't warned about Eade.
When a potential coach has to be convinced to put his hand up for the position, it always ends in tears.

If you look at my positing history on Buckley on the Coll board you would realise this is a stupid remark on your behalf.
When a potential coach has to be convinced to put his hand up for the position, it always ends in tears.

Get out of here you trolling campaigner.

He's a dinosaur.
im not convinced of Eade either, I would much rather have had Bolton, but just to get Bolton at the club would have been a win.

Eade has a peerless record. I don't think the game has passed him by. But it may have.

However, the main thing a coach can do for a team is mental focus. I doubt that skill has been lost by Eade.

However, the main thing a coach can do for a team is mental focus. I doubt that skill has been lost by Eade.

Eade was let go by the Bulldogs because he lost control of the locker room with Leading Teams & playing cliques eventually fractured the group with Johnson & co leading the charge.
The same thing happend in Sydney in the last years there.

I like Bolton more too. The unsubstantiated claims but a Pies troll who has no knowledge are laughable though.

Funny how he's selectively ignoring me because I am asking him real questions. Can always spot the dumb shits.

Eade was let go by the Bulldogs because he lost control of the locker room with Leading Teams & playing cliques eventually fractured the group with Johnson & co leading the charge.
after playing 6 years of finals footy wasn't it? How are the dogs doing now? and didn't he take them from 12th to 5th in his 1st year of the 6 year finals campaign?

Agree

It's well documented that Eade's football style is one that can only last at a club for ~5 years, like Sydney and the Dogs, and the GC board won't be under any illusions about that. He's tough and demanding but he delivers results. Where the Suns are positioned now we're aiming for a flag within 5 years and Eade's style of play can deliver that.

When did Collingwood last beat the Suns ???
I think the Suns have more idea than the Pies ATM

after playing 6 years of finals footy wasn't it? How are the dogs doing now? and didn't he take them from 12th to 5th in his 1st year of the 6 year finals campaign?

Eade started off brilliantly at Sydney and got them into a GF in first year.
He was let go in the mid point of 2002, when Roos became the caretaker coach after Sydney approached Terry Wallace mid way through the year.
After his initial year at Sydney he hoovered around the 7th/8th position and had some years where they finished 11th. In his last year at Sydney they were bottom 4 and then they placed Roos as a caretaker.
Only 1 coach in the history of the game has been an AFL/VFL coach 19 years after his first GF.
If Rocket coaches next year, he will equal that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Eade still has the drive, passion, energy & the will to succeed
then the Suns should give him the job
If not
then give it to Bolton and get 2015 campaign started.

I will say on a personal note, Eades time in Sydney was so different to his resumé, I suggest he was being undermined by some force there....Roos...?

Western Bulldogs[edit] Rodney Eade.

He spent 2003 and 2004 as a media writer and commentator, before being appointed coach of the Western Bulldogs for the 2005 season. In his first season as coach, he took an under-achieving Bulldogs side within a goal of a finals series berth, when they had finished with less than 5 wins in the previous two years, but just missed out of the finals finishing in ninth spot on the ladder. In 2006, he took the 'Dogs to a final series for the first time since Terry Wallace in 2000 where they eliminated Collingwood in the elimination finals but lost to eventual premiers West Coast in the semi finals. In the 2007 season, he took Bulldogs to thirteenth on the ladder which was very unexpected, and consequently his job was in jeopardy due to the sudden downturn in the team's performance, but rather than firing him, the club limited his expansive duties[2]
In the 2008 season, Eade coached the Bulldogs to third on the ladder, and then the club's first preliminary final since 1998, but were eliminated by Geelong who were eventual runners-up. In 2009 and 2010, Eade took the Bulldogs two more consecutive preliminary finals, falling to St Kilda on both occasions.
The Western Bulldogs did not progress well in the 2011 season, being placed twelfth on the ladder. Following a big loss to Essendon by forty nine points in Round 21. It was announced on 17 August 2011, that Eade's contract would not be renewed at the conclusion of the 2011 season.[3] The following day, Eade stepped down as coach of the Bulldogs.[4] He was replaced by caretaker coach Paul Williams for the remainder of the 2011 season.

Last edited:
I completely agree! This is what puts me off Eade. If he put his hand up and said he was interested then I'd be keen, but he came out publicly and said he wasn't interested in coaching and obviously doesn't have the motivation or heart to do it. Surely a brief conversation with the Suns board can't convince him that it's something he really wants to do. I'm on the Bomber/Bolton train atm.

I completely agree! This is what puts me off Eade. If he put his hand up and said he was interested then I'd be keen, but he came out publicly and said he wasn't interested in coaching and obviously doesn't have the motivation or heart to do it. Surely a brief conversation with the Suns board can't convince him that it's something he really wants to do. I'm on the Bomber/Bolton train atm.
I remember Roos saying the same thing 30 times about the dees. He's in for a pound now though eh...

I remember Roos saying the same thing 30 times about the dees. He's in for a pound now though eh...

Roos got a godfather deal from the AFL that was too good to refuse.
The jury is still out how 'attached' Roos is at Melbourne, he has been very quick to create a succession plan there and said he wants to live in America with his in laws very soon.

Roos got a godfather deal from the AFL that was too good to refuse.
The jury is still out how 'attached' Roos is at Melbourne, he has been very quick to create a succession plan there and said he wants to live in America with his in laws very soon.
he was actually quicker to sign on to coach for 2 more seasons.

338928-f5350c0e-49b8-11e4-997c-82cb5bb9705e.jpg

78rp0p-210x158-bg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back