Coaching sprays - the obsession

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't understand peoples obsession with players getting sprays by coaches, do people get hardons when they see an employer reprimand an employee? It seems every time a player cops one its televised, has an article written about it or is mentioned in an article. DO we forget that this is a real game and these players are copping real sprays, the fact its publicised would be quite embarrassing for the poor players, should really be kept closed doors imo. Imagine being a small child and getting to see your dad play AFL footy and suddenly he cops a massive yelling at from a coach on national TV, it would dishearten the poor kid.
I would pay serious money to see you say this to Alistar Clarkson after he's just had a close loss.

The current generation of young parents and how they wrap their child in bubble wrap and refuse to ever let their poor munchkins experience any kind of failure or setback.

This is what the OP wrote about an hour ago about 'things you don't understand'......:confused:

I still stand by what I said about how a spray should be kept behind closed doors... However I came accross a thread about it and one was something about Malcolm Blights "ladder treatment" to adelaide players in 1998 or 99, I was way to young to remember anything about this, I tried looking it up but didn't find anything. Actually curious to what he did, although I don't care for sprays, I find his coaching methods quite intriguing. Any videos or explanation or something?

I still stand by what I said about how a spray should be kept behind closed doors... However I came accross a thread about it and one was something about Malcolm Blights "ladder treatment" to adelaide players in 1998 or 99, I was way to young to remember anything about this, I tried looking it up but didn't find anything. Actually curious to what he did, although I don't care for sprays, I find his coaching methods quite intriguing. Any videos or explanation or something?
Cracked a mental once and the 3/4 times huddle was forced to stand in a circle with everyone facing each other, then proceeded to walk around the circle giving them all a bake to the back of the head. Was pretty epic.

Blight was one of the best bakers in the business.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness I do love watching players cop a spray. Not sure why tbh probably because we all feel like doing it but instead end up yelling at our TV in frustration

Of course, in fact I almost threw a remote into a TV when Vickery ****ed up what should have been an easy goal on Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back