Mega Thread Coaching Staff Pickups

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but we had a coach who selfish and out for himself and contract was ending. Sando was pretty well respected in the AFL community and had 2 years to run on his contract.
Maybe, and I'm talking purely from a business perspective, but it wouldn't be the first time a liked executive is replaced when a business feels it needs sweeping institutional change. There were clearly problems at Adelaide and potentially they weren't resolved, so by replacing the coach they can start fresh under the premise of, ok that s**t happened, lets move forward.

garbage

one is betray behind someones back

the other is telling someone what you think of them and leaving it at that

I know you have it in for Newman, but smearing him with this just to continue your attack on him is ridiculous.

Attack his age, skills, output, whatever. You can at least argue a fair point on all of that. Trying to put him up as a backstabbing prick to continue your agenda is beneath you
Relax I'm not really saying backstabbing ,but he was no Saint in the matter
Don't get all fiesty about it as you know just as much as most on here about it
All speculation and nothing personal against you or Chris

Relax I'm not really saying backstabbing ,but he was no Saint in the matter
Don't get all fiesty about it as you know just as much as most on here about it
All speculation and nothing personal against you or Chris

then how about you say what you mean?

what exactly did Newman do to oust Wallace?

then how about you say what you mean?

what exactly did Newman do to oust Wallace?
Reading articles it appears a senior player coup and a meeting was held
There must have been behind the back chat to round up a group of guys or did they simultaneously all turn up at the same spot at the same time?
As you know just as much aS me , we really don't know what happened, but there was fire

As long as their list manager stays the same, that's all I care about. Surely they'd be seeing some value in trading a second rounder for Hampson? Tambling and Graham were very astute pickups for them afterall.

Reading articles it appears a senior player coup and a meeting was held
There must have been behind the back chat to round up a group of guys or did they simultaneously all turn up at the same spot at the same time?
As you know just as much aS me , we really don't know what happened, but there was fire

yeah, the articles Robbo wrote based upon the info he got from Brian Royal or the other dog

again, there is a massive difference between discussing not being happy with the coach, and planning a palace coup

If Newman really wanted Wallace out, why didn't he discuss this with anyone on the board, the CEO, or CC? They are the ones with the power to sack Wallace. Instead he went face to face with Wallace and addressed his concerns.

Colour it any way you want, there is not a hint of evidence that Newman was making any move to oust Wallace, no matter how desperate you are for it to be.

yeah, the articles Robbo wrote based upon the info he got from Brian Royal or the other dog

again, there is a massive difference between discussing not being happy with the coach, and planning a palace coup

If Newman really wanted Wallace out, why didn't he discuss this with anyone on the board, the CEO, or CC? They are the ones with the power to sack Wallace. Instead he went face to face with Wallace and addressed his concerns.

Colour it any way you want, there is not a hint of evidence that Newman was making any move to oust Wallace, no matter how desperate you are for it to be.
Well I'm not getting defensive over it
My opinion still remains unaltered as you've failed to convince me

Well I'm not getting defensive over it
My opinion still remains unaltered as you've failed to convince me

well why don't you share with us?

you keep saying there is fire, whats the fire? who did he contact at the club outside Wallace to try and get Wallace sacked?

Only in your eyes.
If you dig beneath the surface you will find that Newman actually was the player brave enough to remove himself from the bitching and moaning mentality that had our club strangled.
If you ask people at the club it he was responsible for pulling the current playing group away from all of that which was driven by older and former players.
The fantastic attitude of our players right now is in no small way to be attributed to Chris Newman.

Only in your eyes.
If you dig beneath the surface you will find that Newman actually was the player brave enough to remove himself from the bitching and moaning mentality that had our club strangled.
If you ask people at the club it he was responsible for pulling the current playing group away from all of that which was driven by older and former players.
The fantastic attitude of our players right now is in no small way to be attributed to Chris Newman.
Not convincing Rod , I will not change on it
This Newman love makes me feel wArm and fuzzy

Hang on so he didn't have a shot because they thought he wasn't good enough, sorry that is the epitome of a recycled player, just because the level of not good enough is higher with players coming from GWS GCS etc he is still recycled, as is Ivan Maric.

Some recycled players work out and many don't, every club tries out a few and dumps most of them at the end of the year, our strike rate is fairly good really, but what we need now is some real class whether recycled or not I don't care, we need some players with good finals experience to teach our team what is required, someone like a Nick Dal Santo, we must at least win a final next year or next year is a definite failure and our coach will then be under massive pressure.

Sorry Myles is not recycled. What you fall to acknowledge is quality. It has been the undoing of RFC over the years.GWS had a bigger squad to so wasn't normal or BAU in any shape or form. Clearly Myles cannot be regarded as recycled although Maric was recycled.

The importance of this is recycled or not it is important to recruit quality and youth to win!

We don't want a Dal Santo at all! We want a Dangerfield clearly!

You realise North will not win a premiership with Dal Santo don't you?

Not convincing Rod , I will not change on it
This Newman love makes me feel wArm and fuzzy
I'm not trying to convince you mate, I'm just telling you what happened.
As far as Newman goes with you not sure if he tried to root your missus or something but I know there is no convincing!
I do think though that you've lost your way somewhere along the line amidst the rage that consumed you in regards to Newman playing on.
You've gradually moved into a real smear campaign against his character,intent,loyalty,everything about him to be perfectly honest.
I don't think that was your initial intention but that's where it's gone. Over the last month or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not trying to convince you mate, I'm just telling you what happened.
As far as Newman goes with you not sure if he tried to root your missus or something but I know there is no convincing!
I do think though that you've lost your way somewhere along the line amidst the rage that consumed you in regards to Newman playing on.
You've gradually moved into a real smear campaign against his character,intent,loyalty,everything about him to be perfectly honest.
I don't think that was your initial intention but that's where it's gone. Over the last month or so.
All of quoted over Newman has been said before on here
No smear campaign here Rodney
Lets leave it at that as I don't want people to get the wrong impression

All of quoted over Newman has been said before on here
No smear campaign here Rodney
Lets leave it at that as I don't want people to get the wrong impression
Please do.

I'll be merging this thread with the Coach thread a bit later.

Sorry Myles is not recycled. What you fall to acknowledge is quality. It has been the undoing of RFC over the years.GWS had a bigger squad to so wasn't normal or BAU in any shape or form. Clearly Myles cannot be regarded as recycled although Maric was recycled.

The importance of this is recycled or not it is important to recruit quality and youth to win!

We don't want a Dal Santo at all! We want a Dangerfield clearly!

You realise North will not win a premiership with Dal Santo don't you?

Well you have your opinion even if it is wrong, recycled has nothing to do with quality otherwise no one in their right mind would try and find quality in recycled player and we did that with both Maric and Miles.

You do realise before we will win a flag we have to learn how to win a final, North have done that and they credit a large part of that to Dal Santo, he may not win a flag with them but the young players will have learned a lot from him.

Every one wants Dangerfield that's a no-brainer but how many players of his quality are there available each year and at what cost, I think you may play to much fantasy football, in the real World we will have difficulty getting a Dangerfield until we are vying for the flag, but there are plenty of uncut gems around much like Miles, just don't expect everyone of them to come to fruition.

I hate Adelaide!
Had to give them a bit of s**t.
Actually I don't like anyone except the TIGES!!!!
I like Adelaide supporters :(
They were so happy for us when we got Truck
They gave us picks for Angus and Tambling, one of which got us McDonough
They gave us Maric and Knights

They're in a really s**t spot right now, feel sorry for them

No way
Where was the sympathy for us when we were going terrible??

Actually I think their spirits have lifted, coach going nowhere is gone and they have a real chance to build for the future!

No way
Where was the sympathy for us when we were going terrible??
Tigers don't need sympathy
A Tiger in full flight brings fear
All they did was stop fearing
Time to make them fear again

#gotiges :)

Well you have your opinion even if it is wrong, recycled has nothing to do with quality otherwise no one in their right mind would try and find quality in recycled player and we did that with both Maric and Miles.

You do realise before we will win a flag we have to learn how to win a final, North have done that and they credit a large part of that to Dal Santo, he may not win a flag with them but the young players will have learned a lot from him.

Every one wants Dangerfield that's a no-brainer but how many players of his quality are there available each year and at what cost, I think you may play to much fantasy football, in the real World we will have difficulty getting a Dangerfield until we are vying for the flag, but there are plenty of uncut gems around much like Miles, just don't expect everyone of them to come to fruition.

Can't agree. You seem to think winning is all about experience and not ability and work effort. Our team was 3-10 before making the finals. If we were good enough we could have won a premiership! We did not win a premiership because we were 3-10 like we did not not make the 8. We did not win a premiership because we were not good enough!

If we were good enough next year we could win a premiership. Next year we will not win a premiership not because we haven't won a final. We will not win because we are not good enough to win a GF against the opposition!

Do you really think North players are learning from Dal Santo? Unbelievable. Dal Santo is playing be causing he is quality. Sure he has a bit of experience but largely its because he is not a spud! The other players will hardly learn a thing from Dal Santo they would not learn from Harvey because they are not Dal Santo! Cunning ton will play well because he is not a spud either whether he played finals or not before! Zeibell is playing better not because of experience! Its because like Lids he us more effective as a forward that rotates through the midfield.He played as a forward in his youth well then, experience has little to do with it!

BTW you do not get real quality from recycled players unless they were guns before like Burgoyne that cost a bit anyway. Maric is not a top liner but he is good enough and better than anticipated probably which is great for him and the club but we were in a no lose situation because Graham and co was the epitomie of tripe!

Miles is not elite either but he us good enough as a role player roving. I am sure when we got him we were not expecting the world from him and hoping for solid support only at the outset. Getting a bit of quality like Miles I agree is not common which is why clubs try through the draft, rookies etc to pick up hidden talent usually when young! The expectation is there will be not every chance coming to fruition.
When you target young higher draft picks with confidence in the player type and attributes the young draftee has there is a lot more confidence they will come to fruition. If you don't have that confidence as a recruiter you are not good enough!

Last edited:

To be fair the Adelaide supporters are all pretty welcoming at Adelaide oval compared to port fans who are just f@cked in the head spewing s**t at you all the time. Adelaide fans are just friendly banter mostly where as i cant put what port fans say or ill get banned, the road the crows are headed down has an all too familiar feeling about it...............

To be fair the Adelaide supporters are all pretty welcoming at Adelaide oval compared to port fans who are just f@cked in the head spewing s**t at you all the time. Adelaide fans are just friendly banter mostly where as i cant put what port fans say or ill get banned, the road the crows are headed down has an all too familiar feeling about it...............

Agree with this. Adelaide fans at there home games are over all decent. Port fans however are over all vicious bogans with only the odd few who have not touched there parents in a way one should not touch your parents.

As a mod, completely agree, the banter threads with Adelaide supporters are probably the best I've experienced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back