Mega Thread Coaching Staff Pickups

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Its why I hated giving Dimma another 3 years last December..... I hate paying out contracts. If we dont win a final next year I cant see Dimma surviving... so we will be paying out 1 year....
I agree,If we don't make the finals next year or we do and again fail then yes Dimma should go,But at the time of his last deal surely it was based on the club being confident that Dimma was/is heading us in the right direction.Can't see the future entirely.Imagine if we could.(Powerball numbers a few weeks back.:D).Just can't believe the Crows would payout 2 yrs after just doing it last year.Comical.lol

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
It's a shame. He was a decent coach I thought.
Sacked himself for requesting an extension. We had a good bunch of kid as well...
Hinkley reminds me of Northey but with a few extra decent kids.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Sanderson arrived at the club just prior to the Tippett salary cap saga unfolding IIRC. Then he loses Walker to a year long knee injury as well as the ability to hit the draft for early talent to rejuvenate the list, his captain misses a year as well and their future CHB walked. All of this was overseen by the same board that had given Sanderson an extension not 10 months ago and yet he is the one that pays the price. To me it appears that the Crows wanted to get Goodwin in before he committed to the Dees, hence the dramatic and out of the blue decision to oust Sanderson. Now Goodwin is going to the Dees for 5 years the Crows will miss out on their preferred target and will end up with someone they didn't really want and IMO will only go backwards because of it.
Sounds like us in the 80,s & 90,s.:$

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I agree,If we don't make the finals next year or we do and again fail then yes Dimma should go,But at the time of his last deal surely it was based on the club being confident that Dimma was/is heading us in the right direction.Can't see the future entirely.Imagine if we could.(Powerball numbers a few weeks back.:D).Just can't believe the Crows would payout 2 yrs after just doing it last year.Comical.lol

Its not comical its corruption..... ultimately its the fans money getting handed out like it doesnt matter.... those responsible for Sanderson contract extention should be walked out the door too.... Where is the accountability.
Paying out contracts is something I despise.... And if we pay out 1 cent to dimma before he completes his contract I'll pissed off.

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Sounds like us in the 80,s & 90,s.:$
Yeah i agree mate, watching all this unfold for the crows is giving me flashbacks. Cant help but feel a little sorry for sando, honestly think he would make a good tactical coach to assist dimma. shame the footy department cap is coming.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Its not comical its corruption..... ultimately its the fans money getting handed out like it doesnt matter.... those responsible for Sanderson contract extention should be walked out the door too.... Where is the accountability.
Paying out contracts is something I despise.... And if we pay out 1 cent to dimma before he completes his contract I'll pissed off.
So much lets Sack Voss for Roos about this its not funny.If the story is true and Riccuito(sp) is behind Sando's sacking then he and his cohorts should as well be shown the door.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah i agree mate, watching all this unfold for the crows is giving me flashbacks. Cant help but feel a little sorry for sando, honestly think he would make a good tactical coach to assist dimma. shame the footy department cap is coming.
Agree,Sando very much hard done by,Considering now that the crows missed out on their target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Murkiness surrounds reasons for Brenton Sanderson's sacking

No sooner had news filtered that Brenton Sanderson was sacked than players at the Adelaide Football Club telephoned him and became emotional while expressing their disbelief.

It tells a contrasting story to the reason delivered earlier by club chairman Rob Chapman as to why Sanderson's contract was severed with two years remaining.

And, incredibly, amid the murky claims and denials that have festered for six weeks after newly appointed board member and club great Mark Ricciuto publicly criticised Sanderson's coaching ability during his local morning radio show, a shattered Sanderson confronted the media and admitted he "fell in love with this playing group" and no one would be happier if it went on to win a premiership.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...enton-sandersons-sacking-20140918-10ivd1.html

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Murkiness surrounds reasons for Brenton Sanderson's sacking

No sooner had news filtered that Brenton Sanderson was sacked than players at the Adelaide Football Club telephoned him and became emotional while expressing their disbelief.

It tells a contrasting story to the reason delivered earlier by club chairman Rob Chapman as to why Sanderson's contract was severed with two years remaining.

And, incredibly, amid the murky claims and denials that have festered for six weeks after newly appointed board member and club great Mark Ricciuto publicly criticised Sanderson's coaching ability during his local morning radio show, a shattered Sanderson confronted the media and admitted he "fell in love with this playing group" and no one would be happier if it went on to win a premiership.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...enton-sandersons-sacking-20140918-10ivd1.html

This is the problem with letting your former greats get involved with the decision making process. We've seen it with Hird and Voss, we are seeing it with Buckley and now Ricciuto.

Stick to the media please Richo but clearly he is smart enough to know he shouldn't be making decisions

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Im going to go with the Ricciuto Special "A big juicy 250g side of Sando's arse with Sando self esteem chips all topped off with a special Sando's fired firey chilli sauce"
It would have to be a BIG 500gm service as Ricciuto does not do things in a half arsed measure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back