Mega Thread Coaching Staff Pickups

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Lingy but Radar on SEN reckons Melbourne are leading the race for his services.

After the way Lenny spoke today, I wouldn't mind him around our club either. I'd say he'll walk in wherever he wants.

News here said Lenny's keen to coach at St Kilda
ZJeVv2P.jpg

he likes Richmond. Always talks highly of them in his comments and has been very disappointed by us this year but sees plenty of potential.

Says Geelong are interested too...reckon he'll go back there if that's the case!

Probably but would be a mistake. Players need to move out of their comfort zones and learn at different clubs. Vossy, Hird and Buckley are the prime examples of not staying where you played. Its why i hope Jono Brown moves too even if it is to Collingwood finally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You dont have to come from a winning culture or even be a good player to be a great coach.
Ross Lyon played for FITZROY!!!!!!
im old enuff to remember ross lyon as a player he was very very good and hard as a cats head, representing the big v on many occasions, the roys were also playing regular finals in his playing days too, from memory.

:oops:

MELBOURNE is likely to sound out both Cameron Ling and Lenny Hayes about taking over as Paul Roos' successor as coach.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-15/lenny-lingy-the-coaches

Surely neither, having had 0 coaching experience, would be ready to take over as a senior at AFL level after 1 year assisting?

CBF looking it up but I'd be wiling to bet every coach in the AFL had a pretty exhaustive apprenticeship before taking over the top job.

Surely neither, having had 0 coaching experience, would be ready to take over as a senior at AFL level after 1 year assisting?

CBF looking it up but I'd be wiling to bet every coach in the AFL had a pretty exhaustive apprenticeship before taking over the top job.
except for james turd

he likes Richmond. Always talks highly of them in his comments and has been very disappointed by us this year but sees plenty of potential.

Probably but would be a mistake. Players need to move out of their comfort zones and learn at different clubs. Vossy, Hird and Buckley are the prime examples of not staying where you played. Its why i hope Jono Brown moves too even if it is to Collingwood finally.
The only problem is his mentor is Bomber Thomson, and openly hates us and did state to lingy on air to go to a 'good' club who is always in the finals.

Both to go directly to AFL Commissions best 22 Ie Sydney. Lingy and Lenny to be assigned to Budwa and Tippit on a personal basis to await the arrival of their academy players.

To Sydney under the COCA. The Cost of Coaches Allowance....but really...we know.....coca....the cost of cocaine allowancr for Budwas big big bags that of course he doesn't enjoy oh so often.

Just a small side comment, within the last month or so I remember Lingy at a Tigers game and I think we were going ok. But the thing that really got my attention was his overall positivity about what he was seeing from the Tigers & their future...I was thinking at the time, Possible Assistant coach ?? (just thought I'd share). My impression is he's always had a soft spot for us, weather that's enough to get him to RFC is another question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back