Cockburn firming up

Remove this Banner Ad

Which government signed off on the Roe Highway .
And while your at it Who signed off on the Leach Highway bridges .
The Riverton bridge has needed extra lanes for 30 years.

Reg ,
I read in the local Sound Telegraph what the preposed changes look like and the new training facilities will be in Kwinana planed break up of Cockburn which ever plan is accepted .
The Kwinana mayor and councilors are pushing to retain kwinana rather than becoming part of a Super Cockburn which is the City of Cockburn wants .
You where right about the bumb fight between councils and it being a long way from a done deal .
Submitions close on the 27th of February and pulic meeting in Kwinana the same day.

Reg ,
I read in the local Sound Telegraph what the preposed changes look like and the new training facilities will be in Kwinana planed break up of Cockburn which ever plan is accepted .
The Kwinana mayor and councilors are pushing to retain kwinana rather than becoming part of a Super Cockburn which is the City of Cockburn wants .
You where right about the bumb fight between councils and it being a long way from a done deal .
Submitions close on the 27th of February and pulic meeting in Kwinana the same day.
27th Feb must be the closing date for submissions to Council so they can make the board's public submission deadline of 13 March.

The government is increasing the membership on the board, I might put my hand up.

27th Feb must be the closing date for submissions to Council so they can make the board's public submission deadline of 13 March.

The government is increasing the membership on the board, I might put my hand up.
Hang on There a dog gone minute partner.
You have a vested interest in this process since you are a public servant as well as a keep Fremantle in Fremanle campainer :(.
Can We trust you to be impartial and give a recommendation based on whats good for the Goose is also good for the Gander. ;)
I mean what the majority of Fremantle players and coaches need at Cockburn:p

You have a vested interest in this process since you are a public servant as well as a keep Fremantle in Fremanle campainer :(.
Can We trust you to be impartial and give a recommendation based on whats good for the Goose is also good for the Gander. ;)

if you live in the area, make sure you vote for the other guy :p

I don't work any more coulda. I'm just a regular Joe public with an interest in local government reform.
if you live in the area, make sure you vote for the other guy :p
That would probably work if there was going to be an election. The new board members will be appointed by the Minister. Nice bloke, Tony.

You
I haven't been home for 3 years, so I am looking forward** to seeing it all again in a few weeks time.

**not really.
you will love it , traffic jams and all .
Oh hang on Japan has bigger ones than us and Hu chi Min City even worse never mind power lines at head and neck high .
Whitey you'll feel right at home :):):mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot My favourite new one LIzy Quay next to the Bell Tower

You dont like it? I think the concept in broad terms is ok but half arsed in design, scale and implementation. Traffics' going to be a nightmare for a flashy sewage swamp. Dicks prick was a waste.

I'd still like a draw bridge\bypass for the causeway for ferrys to carry fans from Freo down to the stadium.

I'd prefer they renovated RPH, that place should be condemned particularly the geriatric floor. Thats a dive.

I've really never understood the criticism of the bell tower but whoever gave th ok for convention centre shed pice of rubbish needs a good slapping

The Bell Tower is an atrocious piece of garbage in a prime spot on the river. Anyone with a semblance of vision could do something more significant than using the bells of St Clements in an attempt to be iconic. It is a disgrace! However, considering that it is Richard Court's only legacy I am hardly surprised. Always living in Daddy's shadow like the beaten red-headed step-child. His old man was a campaigner btw.

The Convention Centre? When you WERE Bill Wylie, with his wealth and influence, you could pretty much do and build what you wanted, where you wanted. Another disgrace on a piece of prime real estate.

The Bell Tower is an atrocious piece of garbage in a prime spot on the river. Anyone with a semblance of vision could do something more significant than using the bells of St Clements in an attempt to be iconic. It is a disgrace! However, considering that it is Richard Court's only legacy I am hardly surprised. Always living in Daddy's shadow like the beaten red-headed step-child. His old man was a Syd btw.

The Convention Centre? When you WERE Bill Wylie, with his wealth and influence, you could pretty much do and build what you wanted, where you wanted. Another disgrace on a piece of prime real estate.

what happened to keeping things simple? it is like every dick and harry architect wants to make the most outrageous (and expensive) looking building

The Bell Tower is an atrocious piece of garbage in a prime spot on the river. Anyone with a semblance of vision could do something more significant than using the bells of St Clements in an attempt to be iconic. It is a disgrace! However, considering that it is Richard Court's only legacy I am hardly surprised. Always living in Daddy's shadow like the beaten red-headed step-child. His old man was a Syd btw.

I never understood how two grown men with good business backgrounds (joke guys ) could have 2 things built that cost us the tax payers about 4 million a year combined just to stay open over and above what they earn .
Both are white elephants and the bill gets bigger every year .

I think this looks worse than the Bell tower:
300px-Perth_Arena_November_2012.jpg

Has there been any design works released for the look of the Cockburn facilities?

Perth's roads are great, the city's road infrastructure is excellently designed for the most part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back