Col Austen Trophy 2013 - Kyle Cheney the winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Didn't see this posted anywhere else but Box Hill had their B&F last night and Kyle Cheney won the Col Austen Trophy with 62 votes from David Mirra on 54 votes.

Mitch Hallahan won the Most Consistent Player award.

Jordan Kelly won Most Courageous player.

Daniel Pratt also announced his retirement.

I got all this from Box Hill's twitter account. There's lots more info there on other award winners.

https://twitter.com/BoxHillHawks

The Trophy Presentation was a great night and Kyle Cheney was a very popular winner. The award recipients spoke in glowing terms about the influence Damien Carroll and Cam Bruce had on their development. The overall improvement in our players this year has been the best I can remember.
Senior Awards:
B & F Cheney (62), Mirra (54), Iles (53), Litherland (50), Hallahan (49).
Team First & Special Award (3 x Premiership player) - Tobin; Best First Year & Trainer's Award - O'Donnell; Honest Efforts - Langford; 3WBC - Lowden; Best Club Man - Post; Most Professional Player - Gordon; Volunteer Award - John Ure (past president & long time dedicated servant of the club); Best Player In Finals - Osborne (DC related how he met Ozzy before the finals and asked him what role he would like to play and Ozzy moved his magnet into the midfield. Pratty paid tribute to Ozzy for the way he approached his footy and his outstanding attitude and contribution at BHH).
Development Awards:
B & F Post (64), Miles (54), Graham (54), McDonald (52), Boseley (49), Pell (49)
Best Player In Finals - Collins (Something like 18 contested marks in the two finals).

I would like to pay a special tribute to Andrew Boseley and Amos Frank for attending the B & F after they were delisted. It speaks volumes about their characters and the way the Hawthorn players embrace the BHH. Pratty commented how he rates the HFC/BHH alignment as by far the best notwithstanding North Ballarat won three flags when he was playing at North Melbourne. The Mustang Hawkers are a great club and the Hawks players love playing for them.

The Trophy Presentation was a great night and Kyle Cheney was a very popular winner. The award recipients spoke in glowing terms about the influence Damien Carroll and Cam Bruce had on their development. The overall improvement in our players this year has been the best I can remember.
Senior Awards:
B & F Cheney (62), Mirra (54), Iles (53), Litherland (50), Hallahan (49).
Team First & Special Award (3 x Premiership player) - Tobin; Best First Year & Trainer's Award - O'Donnell; Honest Efforts - Langford; 3WBC - Lowden; Best Club Man - Post; Most Professional Player - Gordon; Volunteer Award - John Ure (past president & long time dedicated servant of the club); Best Player In Finals - Osborne (DC related how he met Ozzy before the finals and asked him what role he would like to play and Ozzy moved his magnet into the midfield. Pratty paid tribute to Ozzy for the way he approached his footy and his outstanding attitude and contribution at BHH).
Development Awards:
B & F Post (64), Miles (54), Graham (54), McDonald (52), Boseley (49), Pell (49)
Best Player In Finals - Collins (Something like 18 contested marks in the two finals).

I would like to pay a special tribute to Andrew Boseley and Amos Frank for attending the B & F after they were delisted. It speaks volumes about their characters and the way the Hawthorn players embrace the BHH. Pratty commented how he rates the HFC/BHH alignment as by far the best notwithstanding North Ballarat won three flags when he was playing at North Melbourne. The Mustang Hawkers are a great club and the Hawks players love playing for them.

Thanks so much for your first hand account houdinihuddo, much appreciated :thumbsu: Sounds like it was a great night :)

Congrats Kyle.
I just hope the streak of Box Hill B & F's not being at the club the following year ends at 4.
Love how Bocca plays the game. With Lake suspended and Guerra gone for 2014, I can see KC fitting in nicely into our back 6 for the 1st month of the season.

Personally - I think Bocca wants more than this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back