boydy 1

Draftee
May 29, 2008
colac
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Otway & Western magpies
Who is everyone's tips for league/club best and fairests?

Personaly MadamDee i think from Otway if Dean Towers puts up 2 more games like he did on the weekend against simpson he should take it out for the club by a little over Stewart Sutherland and Scott Gainger...:thumbsu:

boydy 1

Draftee
May 29, 2008
colac
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Otway & Western magpies
Early Predictons for this round
Lorne to beat Colac Imperials by 173... 3 names.. Lee Hollmer, Casey Tully and Lewis Hollmer... 1 name from Colac Imps James Boone

Irrawarra-Beacc to beat South Colac by 150+... great structure, players and skill for Irrawarra that will just run South in circles...

Birregurra to beat Apollo Bay by 53 points... Daniel O'Kelly, Michael Davis and mark Whelan to put on a show... Bay will be looking for a win on home soil so it wont be a push over match and maybe challenge closer to my predicted score this week will be Brian Hinkley, Troy Van Santen and Tyson Holt to give a much needed hand for the Bay to over come Birre.

Forrest to beat my mob Otway by not alot im hoping... Forrest are the dark horse for finals and with Carl Doolan, Leigh Hay and Tony Saltamacchia to maybe be thier key players they are going to be hard for us..Otways Mathew Henry as a tagger could almost stop anyone so he will have a vital part this week i would think. Stewart Sutherland will be doing what he does best by creating options around the ground and also going hard at the ball and Liam Harrington to bring plenty of run from the backline.

Simpson to beat Western Eagles by 47... Simpsons key players Aaron Harding, James Turnbull and Leigh Walsh this week... dont know much about Leigh Walsh but he went alright against us last week and could see him pick his game up another step this week..
Justin Mooney, Dale Boyd and Tyson Arnold to get the eagles out of big trouble this week...

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
Who is everyone's tips for league/club best and fairests?
O'Connor will give the league b and f a big shake. Tully has missed too many games, irrewarra have too many stealing from one another i reckon, andrew kelly has been a top three finisher in the gfl best and fairest twice so he knows how to get them.

O'Connor for me

Feb 21, 2008
GLENTHOMPSON
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA LAKERS
haha yeah i wonder why?? How is dan going by the way? Spoken to him lately?

not for a few weeks......he was organising something for our footy club auction from Hawthorn thru Luke Hodge.

Hoping to get down for one of their finals if dates don't collide!

If you ever get the chance to meet Dan, you wont find a nicer young bloke.

This is his first stint as a go alone coach, and being only mid 20's, no doubt will learn as he goes, probably a bit raw in some areas, but having worked closely with Marcus Seecamp at Colac he would have learned a few tricks of the trade.
Plus he is genuinely a solid reliable footballer who will stand up in the finals. Trust me Boom!

B-HAWK 26

Senior List
Nov 19, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
not for a few weeks......he was organising something for our footy club auction from Hawthorn thru Luke Hodge.

This is his first stint as a go alone coach, and being only mid 20's, no doubt will learn as he goes, probably a bit raw in some areas, but having worked closely with Marcus Seecamp at Colac he would have learned a few tricks of the trade.
Plus he is genuinely a solid reliable footballer who will stand up in the finals. Trust me Boom!
i do agree with the fact that Dan Casey is a fantastic bloke. But whether he will step up in finals, i have my doubts, but we will see

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC

Ok fair enough. I will lay off dan...i will reserve judgement until after the finals series which is i will reaccess my opinion of him.

boydy 1

Draftee
May 29, 2008
colac
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Otway & Western magpies
boydy how have ya seen your season going out at otway? is chris paatch a chance to win the b/f or big al mckenzie
Otway is the best club i have been at not just people wise but win wise to... for the club Chris paatch would be up there i doubt he will win it but he wont be far off it and Al Mckenzie (BIG AL) in my thoughts might round out the top 10 players for the season... Its hard to tell because tables can change drastically at any stage so yeah...:thumbsu::confused:

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
Early Predictons for this round
Lorne to beat Colac Imperials by 173... 3 names.. Lee Hollmer, Casey Tully and Lewis Hollmer... 1 name from Colac Imps James Boone

Irrawarra-Beacc to beat South Colac by 150+... great structure, players and skill for Irrawarra that will just run South in circles...

Birregurra to beat Apollo Bay by 53 points... Daniel O'Kelly, Michael Davis and mark Whelan to put on a show... Bay will be looking for a win on home soil so it wont be a push over match and maybe challenge closer to my predicted score this week will be Brian Hinkley, Troy Van Santen and Tyson Holt to give a much needed hand for the Bay to over come Birre.

Forrest to beat my mob Otway by not alot im hoping... Forrest are the dark horse for finals and with Carl Doolan, Leigh Hay and Tony Saltamacchia to maybe be thier key players they are going to be hard for us..Otways Mathew Henry as a tagger could almost stop anyone so he will have a vital part this week i would think. Stewart Sutherland will be doing what he does best by creating options around the ground and also going hard at the ball and Liam Harrington to bring plenty of run from the backline.

Simpson to beat Western Eagles by 47... Simpsons key players Aaron Harding, James Turnbull and Leigh Walsh this week... dont know much about Leigh Walsh but he went alright against us last week and could see him pick his game up another step this week..
Justin Mooney, Dale Boyd and Tyson Arnold to get the eagles out of big trouble this week...
lorne young gun lewie hollmer best on ground at centre half back in his second game for the falcons yesterday. After a switch from the forward line to chb in the dolphins senior team lewies confidence and impact on the game has grown immesuarably.With the falcons sitting second on the ladder their gain could be our loss. Also ex lorne player jack steven very close to making senior debut at the saints after stringing together some good games with the vfl side.He is seen as a steven milne type but with a defensive side to his game that milne lacks.In more good news for the reigning premiers in their quest for the three peat expect to see plenty more of jack hollmers withering runs up the guts this season. ps welcome back boom.

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
lorne young gun lewie hollmer best on ground at centre half back in his second game for the falcons yesterday. After a switch from the forward line to chb in the dolphins senior team lewies confidence and impact on the game has grown immesuarably.With the falcons sitting second on the ladder their gain could be our loss. Also ex lorne player jack steven very close to making senior debut at the saints after stringing together some good games with the vfl side.He is seen as a steven milne type but with a defensive side to his game that milne lacks.In more good news for the reigning premiers in their quest for the three peat expect to see plenty more of jack hollmers withering runs up the guts this season. ps welcome back boom.
Would imagine that barhm would not be too far away either givin that collingwood seem to be struggling for pace. Lewis Hollmer must be on drugs i have decided....last year he was only an average under seventeens player, played against him in a final and he hardly got a touch, now to be performing well in falcons and seniors is drastically surprising. Just joking bout the drugs but he must have done some work to baulk up since last season

boydy 1

Draftee
May 29, 2008
colac
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Otway & Western magpies
maybe a few out for Otway this weekend against Lorne.. 2 goal loss to Forrest great game and good to watch from the bench...
possibly should have been more consistant in front of goal. 13 behinds is alot in a low scoring game and with only 4 goals maybe should have changed our structure a bit at 3 quater time...

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
Turner seems to be giving the Lorne boys an armchair ride through the system...looking after the locals
harley davies next cab off the rank.....by the way,anyone see the bayvbirre clash?wondering if ross waters backed up his BOG in the outer last sunday at rokewood with another display of disciplined eyes for the ball only footy.

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
harley davies next cab off the rank.....by the way,anyone see the bayvbirre clash?wondering if ross waters backed up his BOG in the outer last sunday at rokewood with another display of disciplined eyes for the ball only footy.
dunno if harley has enough potential...dunno how he is going to improve his game...doubt he will go too far. Now tell me...jack hollmer back full time now?

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
dunno if harley has enough potential...dunno how he is going to improve his game...doubt he will go too far. Now tell me...jack hollmer back full time now?
geelong vfl side not playing finals.jack stuck in back pocket,better of in the middle for the dolphins. Harley davies should stop working in a fish n chip shop lose some weight and mick turner would have a look.Word on the street is A kelly not at alvie next year....Winch?

May 29, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Alvie FC
geelong vfl side not playing finals.jack stuck in back pocket,better of in the middle for the dolphins. Harley davies should stop working in a fish n chip shop lose some weight and mick turner would have a look.Word on the street is A kelly not at alvie next year....Winch?
i have little doubt he will not be at alvie next year

Hilly72

All Australian
Mar 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC, Birregurra FC

I left at half time as I had to get back to do some work, there had been a couple of incidents nothing serious though it did look as if one was thrown at one of our guys which connected with Featherston by mistake.

Commo46

Debutant
Dec 28, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
"Danger Mouse" as he is commonly known does play as you mentioned above. It's a little bit of a pity he could do with some practice on his set shots at goal. Also if he gave up the ciggy's it would do wonders for his fitness.

i have known scott for over 10 years and he has been on the ciggies most of that time. he has said several times he wants to give up but it still hasnt happened. has always been a good hard at it in and under player, used to play juniors with him and he was always at the bottom of every pack. his fitness is ok for someone who has smoked for ages. what are his training habits like now? still 1 night a week if that?

fast eddy

Rookie
Apr 10, 2008
western vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
i have known scott for over 10 years and he has been on the ciggies most of that time. he has said several times he wants to give up but it still hasnt happened. has always been a good hard at it in and under player, used to play juniors with him and he was always at the bottom of every pack. his fitness is ok for someone who has smoked for ages. what are his training habits like now? still 1 night a week if that?

Ive known him since October 1983 and he prob took up the ciggies in the womb. He may train once a week if he's lucky. Would be a better player carrying a few extra kilos as well. May benifit him playing in geelong less travel and train more often

go wide

Debutant
Mar 24, 2008
lorne hinterland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
swamp rats dolphins
what Is All This Talk About This Bloke??? Lets Get Talking Something Interesting​
did the stats on alford v apollo bay.36 touches, boom you reckon he is a sheep dog but when you have in and under ball distributors of the calibre of wishart,smartt,tully,leontinades etc,it makes sense to have a go to man like allan(hows the tatts)alford. and my mail is kelly is out of there.

Back