List Mgmt. Colin Sylvia - Joins Freo as Free Agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't understand his attitude. When I stuff up at work, I pull my finger out and work extra hard because I want to earn that respect back.
In all honesty, I can actually say "fair enough" when some guys sook. If you think you're good enough, you've worked hard, and you're disappointed not to get a game and feel you're more deserved... than I don't have too much of an issue. It can be pretty shattering. And 'worth' is a subjective matter.

Unfortunately for Colin Sylvia, who I never actually thought would set the Cappuccino Strip alight, he's under a pretty hard coach who's cliches revolve around working hard and who's coaching Grand Finalists. You have to expect to get let down in a situation like that. I'm sure Tom Sheridan feels hard done by too. If you wanted an easier route to a 22, you should go to GWS or the Crows or Brissy.

In all honesty, I can actually say "fair enough" when some guys sook. If you think you're good enough, you've worked hard, and you're disappointed not to get a game and feel you're more deserved... than I don't have too much of an issue. It can be pretty shattering. And 'worth' is a subjective matter.

Unfortunately for Colin Sylvia, who I never actually thought would set the Cappuccino Strip alight, he's under a pretty hard coach who's cliches revolve around working hard and who's coaching Grand Finalists. You have to expect to get let down in a situation like that. I'm sure Tom Sheridan feels hard done by too. If you wanted an easier route to a 22, you should go to GWS or the Crows or Brissy.

I do agree with, you can understand sooking for a while. I mean, who hasn't worked hard for something at one time in their lives but unfortunately it hasn't worked out for them? Someone else has just worked harder or their father was the boss so they got the opportunity instead (yeah we all know one of those stories!).

It is about attitude though, you can either drop your bundle in public or you can have a big sook at home, have a cry to your mum and then either choose another pathway or pull your britches up and get on with it.

Looks like Col has decided to drop his bundle and play like a spud in the two's. Must be terrible to play around him.

Here's hoping he gets his act together.

Compare him with Silvagni who was selected in the 22 and then dropped for reasons unknown
He didnt drop the lip ,instead he played like he had a point to prove and put in a blinder for Peel.
Silvagni hasnt got the skill set of Sylvia but if Col had just a small percentage of Scos's heart we wouldnt be having this conversation

It's not like the club wouldn't have been aware of the potential for this sort of behaviour from Sylvia's history.Which would mean things would be spelt out in terms of goalsetting,benchmark criteria and contractual incentives.
Given our recruiters strike rate and the club's excellent environment for supporting players through challenging situations and the success we've had doing this you'd have to say there's every chance of a turnaround.
Sounds as though the ball is well and truly in Col's court.

I thought he showed enough the week before to get selected this week but who knows what goes on behind closed doors. From the stands I'd be a little bit more confident if he was lining up in the middle today because he has real talent, but in Ross we trust.

I thought he showed enough the week before to get selected this week but who knows what goes on behind closed doors. From the stands I'd be a little bit more confident if he was lining up in the middle today because he has real talent, but in Ross we trust.

Ross is playing the long game here.

The lesson he's being taught at the moment is that no matter what the game is in front of you, you play to the best of your ability. What we need from him is dependability and consistency, not a senior player who decides to show up when he thinks he should, which is probably the leeway he was given at the Dees due to being one of their better players.

He's waiting for a senior game to show the world what he can do in purple, but the only people whose opinion he should be worried about are the ones who watch him play in the seconds. If he doesn't pull his finger out by the end of the year, rookie list him. If he doesn't pull his finger out after that, then delist him.

Also, just bear in mind that this treatment of Sylvia is also about showing the playing group you don't get a game just because you think you're entitled to one. You earn it. We are reinforcing with the likes of Sheridan, Sutcliffe, Neale etc. that hard work gets you games. Like Esti said, that's a long game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked your post, basically agree. He must be close, but I can understand where RTB is coming from. Colin was still not quite all there even in a relatively good showing last week. He faded out and player like him, of his experience and used to an AFL system for so many years, and playing virtually the whole game through the middle, really should be picking up something close to GAblett number of possessions and involvements and still running hard from contest to contest late in the game.

It's harsh maybe, but he's probably that quality of player and I can understand that until he's showing it, then he's not going to get into the big boys club.

Also, just bear in mind that this treatment of Sylvia is also about showing the playing group you don't get a game just because you think you're entitled to one. You earn it. We are reinforcing with the likes of Sheridan, Sutcliffe, Neale etc. that hard work gets you games. Like Esti said, that's a long game.

You sure are reading a lot into Sylvia's thoughts here.

Clancee Pearce got 9 touches 2 weeks ago and didn't get anywhere near as much hate.

Morabito will get a game before Sylvia. Bookmark it.
I'd like that, but doubt it.
I think Morra looks locked and loaded, but just think they will give him a bit more time.

I'd love to see him back for the NM game on Anzac day. I will be home for that game, and would be soooooooo excited if he got named.

He looks ripped. the stories about him being unfit are BS.
This is a guy obsessed with his body and fitness.

The only thing I can think of is maybe Slyvia has not yet learnt the gameplan adequately.

What has Sheridan done to "earn" a game that Slyvia hasn't?

Please take up following netball. It is much more your style and far easier to learn.

You sir, are an idiot.

I'd like that, but doubt it.
I think Morra looks locked and loaded, but just think they will give him a bit more time.

I'd love to see him back for the NM game on Anzac day. I will be home for that game, and would be soooooooo excited if he got named.
Agree but I never said Morabito will be back next week or next, only that'll he'll get a game before Sylvia does.

Well you obviously know nothing about football or our team. Yet you still feel qualified to comment.

Sorry mate, but you talk nothing but uninformed s**t.

This is an opinion based business, as Ross likes to say.

Stop being so bombastic.

'qualified to comment'? :D Come on man. Drop the snide, rubbish.

You're very entertaining I'll give you that, but a troll, and that's the reason you've been banned numerous times before. You should review your own opinions + behaviours before you comment on others, least you be banned again, and I must say it does get very annoying trying to keep up with your myriad of aliases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back