Colin Sylvia - What is going on???

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfulfilled potential.

LOL! Sounds like the Renee Zellweger character in "Jerry Maguire" picking him as her love interest not for what he was then, but for "what he could be." Doesn't seem like there'll be a theatrical happy ending, though, with our club and Colin Sylvia, despite us showing him the money.

LOL! Sounds like the Renee Zellweger character in "Jerry Maguire" picking him as her love interest not for what he was then, but for "what he could be." Doesn't seem like there'll be a theatrical happy ending, though, with our club and Colin Sylvia, despite us showing him the money.
Instead Jerry was found to be spending his exorbitant new salary on KFC and grog and pissing it up against the wall. :$

Apparently!!

I really hope the club is doing as much as it can off field for Colin. A bloke could really go into a down wood spiral with all of what's happening to him at the moment. Some might say 'who cares?' but he's still a player on our list. If he's naturally lazy he might be feeling like he's in a bit of a dark hole at the moment.

He's still earning a grand a day.

There are a lot of people out there who aren't lazy, find themselves in very dark holes, don't have the support mechanisms in place afforded to him and don't earn a fraction of that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I think we were misled by a close family member.

And yes operator I'll gladly pay 40 cents more for the next 3 minutes
Please Mrs. Avery, I just gotta talk to him
I'll only keep him a while
Please Mrs. Avery, I just wanna tell him goodbye

Tell him goodbye

Please
Tell him goodbye.

(Apologies to Dr Hook)

From what's happened since he arrived at the club, you wonder what we grabbed him off the back of, in the first place.

I think its also worth pointing out that hard working, motivated players with talent don't exactly grow on trees and they aren't generally that disposed to shifting clubs. You are taking a punt you can improve them, in your superior environment.

Unfortunately with Colin it wasn't just the environment that was holding him back - he is also a dropkick.

I think its also worth pointing out that hard working, motivated players with talent don't exactly grow on trees and they aren't generally that disposed to shifting clubs. You are taking a punt you can improve them, in your superior environment.

Unfortunately with Colin it wasn't just the environment that was holding him back - he is also a dropkick.
'Other people' also don't have entire threads dedicated to publicly belittling them. Nothing is probably wrong now, but this is a situation that could get bad. The idiots over the river are an example of what can happen when little problems are ignored by a club. Often those that deserve sympathy the least need it the most.

Hopefully when he returns to Melbourne at the end of the year after getting the sack, he is provided all the support he needs.

'Other people' also don't have entire threads dedicated to publicly belittling them. Nothing is probably wrong now, but this is a situation that could get bad. The idiots over the river are an example of what can happen when little problems are ignored by a club. Often those that deserve sympathy the least need it the most.
The idiots over the river had an entire thread dedicated to publicly belittling Priddis and look how that worked out.

I get the sentiment and agree to a point. But sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom before you can get up. I think Freo, the leadership group and RTB all know this. Col needed to be looked at by the whole footy community as it wasn't enough from just the club.
We'll see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The idiots over the river had an entire thread dedicated to publicly belittling Priddis and look how that worked out.

Priddis is still s**t lol, he is like matt debeour who have 100% heart and commitment but will never be elite.

The problem with Slyvia is he doesn't give one ___ about trying and who ever recruited him must of been drinking to not see his attitude problem. It looks like he cares more about his muscles looks than actually playing. When he did manage to play last year it was evident he needed to lose weight as he was stiff as.

Na his not that tall, a simple + size mirror would do the trick.

He needs all the mirror he can get because if there was ever a player who needed to take a good hard look at himself - it's Coln

No mate, Colin was the fish in the bag

What are you referring to with respect to West Coast?

The ignoring of guys who were in a perilous state and on the brink of taking the wrong path in their lives. Guys who probably could have done with some support/advice from the club about the decisions that they were making and the the potential consequences. Someone like Mark Bosnich is another example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back