YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Now I know a lot of you will think differently, but currently Sylvia has had what, 4 games so far for Freo? And at the moment, apart from a couple of decent tackles, he's shown absolutely NOTHING as a forward.

Now I'm not saying we should get rid of him, because he's a proven player, but he's clearly not suited to our forward line. Get him right into the thick of things in the middle, where he is best played, otherwise he's just going to waste.

This is just my opinion, and you're free to have yours. Just don't be a dick about it.

I've been backing Ross's decision to keep playing him but at the moment he looks shocking. If he doesn't do something special this half I can't see him retaining his spot on the side and once he's dropped, I don't think he'll be back this year

Now I know a lot of you will think differently, but currently Sylvia has had what, 4 games so far for Freo? And at the moment, apart from a couple of decent tackles, he's shown absolutely NOTHING as a forward.

Now I'm not saying we should get rid of him, because he's a proven player, but he's clearly not suited to our forward line. Get him right into the thick of things in the middle, where he is best played, otherwise he's just going to waste.

This is just my opinion, and you're free to have yours. Just don't be a dick about it.

He just hasnt got it.Been in the midfield and shown zilch,nada,nothing

The most disappointing thing is that he's a senior player and not showing any leadership. I think this is where Ross will draw the line.

The next half of football will be career defining, one way or the other.

nah, don't be a sensationalist

Slyvia can't be blamed for a team's insipid performance, he's a forward playing the price for the bad delivery he's receiving.

This thread is just a continuation of a wider anti-Slyvia campaign based on emotion + a culture of hatred for new imports.

Sylvia is close to untouchable when in form, Ross knows this and he'll back Slyvia in, irrespective of his current form.

He is too slow atm and for me his skills are underwhelming.

The midfield is to blame, not Slyvia.

Why single out 1 forward in a dysfunctional forward line, what about his comrades ??? Slyvia is getting an unfair level of blame attributed to him.

Stop using Slyvia as a scapegoat.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_inline_mmxanqTBX11qz4rgp.gif

Getting to contests, one percenters, working up the ground, making the most of opportunities when he gets them, generally imposing himself.

You should demand this of every single member of the team, not just Slyvia.

Watch the game: the team has capitulated. Slyvia is a passenger on a dead train.

You should demand this of every single member of the team, not just Slyvia.

Watch the game: the team has capitulated. Slyvia is a passenger on a dead train.
This is a thread about Sylvia. I'm not against him in general but we can't carry him into finals this year when Walters and Ballas have to come in.

Seems to lack pace playing a position where pace is probably essential. I haven't seen anything which makes me think he will best 22 again this year. Deboer will hold his place and Sylvia out for Ballantyne. He isn't responsible for this loss though.

This is a thread about Sylvia. I'm not against him in general but we can't carry him into finals this year when Walters and Ballas have to come in.

You're still showing bias, note your loaded description of Slyvia as a deadweight ('we can't carry him'), when this is far from the truth.

Slyvia will come good. He will contribute. He just needs time. I hope we give him this time.

The midfield is too blame, not Slyvia.

Why single out 1 forward in a dysfunctional forward line, what about his comrades ??? Slyvia is getting an unfair level of blame attributed to him.

Stop using Slyvia as a scapegoat.

So his shot on goal was awesome hey. Missed handballs were the midfield fault. De Boer comes on tackles straight and Slyvia tackles when?

You're still showing bias, note your loaded description of Slyvia as a deadweight ('we can't carry him'), when this is far from the truth.

Slyvia will come good. He will contribute. He just needs time. I hope we give him this time.
Dude, I've been backing Sylvia all year but he's running out of games to show his value. He's yet to have a break out game for us and his position isn't safe. I want to see him succeed but it doesn't look like he can figure it out this year.

Seems to lack pace playing a position where pace is probably essential. I haven't seen anything which makes me think he will best 22 again this year. Deboer will hold his place and Sylvia out for Ballantyne. He isn't responsible for this loss though.

Exactly, people are disregarding Slyvia's interrupted start to the season + his lack of exposure to the Lyon' gameplan. Slyvia's lack of pace is proof he is underdone and therefore deserves special considerations when analysing his form.

Slyvia status as a proven player affords him extra credits that mean he should not be dropped unless injured.

So his shot on goal was awesome hey. Missed handballs were the midfield fault. De Boer comes on tackles straight and Slyvia tackles when?

He caught the nervy-cold from his teammates. His teammates put him under pressure (both implied/scoreboard/direct).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back