Opinion Collingwood 2015 Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
What would be your choice of jumper for us to wear at our homer and away games next year?

Personally I like this, the white jumper with the black stripes and the black shorts. What we wore up until and end of the 2000 season.

pies1.jpg

I'd like to see this at all our home games (minus Geelong/North Melbourne)

273024-bca88b00-cc49-11e3-9484-00a97bf135c7.jpg

The same jumper with the black shorts against sides like Geelong and North Melbourne with the white colour backing.

And finally this when ever needed (away to Carlton, Richmond, Essendon etc).

2014Jul26033726_490753969.jpg

What do you guys think?

Maybe just because i'm used to it but I prefer the Black with White stripes.

I like then both, but gee I miss the white jumper with black stripes and black shorts. What I watched us in every week growing up in the 90's.

Although I am used to the white on black it'd be nice to see the old once rolled out a few times a year. (home games against GC, Hawks, Sydeny, Dogs)

Only wear the White Jumper Black shorts for a few games

Hmm, black with white stripes or white with black stripes? Tough choice.

Hi guys I am new here, and as you can tell I am not a Collingwood Supporter, but first of all some honest advice from me says go the traditional look of black with white stripes as it's a good lookin guernsey and you shouldn't change it as it doesn't really clash with any other side (unless my side wore the prison bars vs your boys, then that clearly would be one hell of a clash lol).

As this is about jumpers I was wanting some Collingwood supporters opinions on the Port Adel thread we got going on the Black and White prison bar guernsey.. and my post is the 6th down on this page of bigfooty:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-bar-jumper-afl.1075223/page-55#post-35074696

I also make more comments after it on that page, and some Port supporters do disagree with me, but I was curious since you are talking about your jumper, then what you think about what I said and what other said on that thread.

Here is a quote of one of my posts on that thread that concerns Collingwood:................................
"Collingwood do have alot of say in how we can wear the black and white (and I agree with it actually) we did enter their league after all mate.
At least be proud that we made it into the AFL, no other state club of any state has managed this (obviously excluding Victoria as the AFL formed from the old VFL).

I do think we should be allowed to wear the prison bar gurnsey more often, BUT only at home games and we CAN NEVER be called the "Magpies" and also that if we play Collingwood regardless if it's a home game or away or game on the moon, we can NEVER wear black and white when we play Collingwood.
I would be happy with that, but not sure how Collingwood supporters would think about it."
Just wanna say I respect the Collingwood footy club, and I seriously do want your opinions and am not looking to start a fight or nothin.
Cheers.

Have always held Port as a second side just because of the colours. I'd be happy for you guys to wear the prison bars as your home strip against any other team you play except us. It's a great traditional jumper and it deserves a regular outing on the big stage. Good luck against the Hawks too mate.

Never understood the shift from the white background jumper (1900's) to the black background jumper (2000's) as the home staple jumper myself.

Guess if you spill your pie and coke on your whiter jumper it's more difficult to get out in the wash.

Captain Scont is on the money. Bring the white jumper home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going by the comms on 7 we may need a whole new jumper, and colors next year.

I don't understand the whole "completely different away jumper" rubbish. If clubs reversed their jumpers/ colours, there would be enough difference between competing teams. If we are the home team against North, then we wear black with white stripes and black shorts and they wear white with blue stripes and white shorts. I think Norths blue with white stripes is a good looking jumper as well. Against Carlton, we keep our traditional white with black and black shorts for being the home team and they wear white shorts.

The whole white shorts for away teams is sketchy. Hardly ever happens anymore. Can't remember the lst time I saw Sydney wear white shirts tbh, they mostly wear red home or away.

Hi guys I am new here, and as you can tell I am not a Collingwood Supporter, but first of all some honest advice from me says go the traditional look of black with white stripes as it's a good lookin guernsey and you shouldn't change it as it doesn't really clash with any other side (unless my side wore the prison bars vs your boys, then that clearly would be one hell of a clash lol).

As this is about jumpers I was wanting some Collingwood supporters opinions on the Port Adel thread we got going on the Black and White prison bar guernsey.. and my post is the 6th down on this page of bigfooty:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-bar-jumper-afl.1075223/page-55#post-35074696

I also make more comments after it on that page, and some Port supporters do disagree with me, but I was curious since you are talking about your jumper, then what you think about what I said and what other said on that thread.

Here is a quote of one of my posts on that thread that concerns Collingwood:................................
"Collingwood do have alot of say in how we can wear the black and white (and I agree with it actually) we did enter their league after all mate.
At least be proud that we made it into the AFL, no other state club of any state has managed this (obviously excluding Victoria as the AFL formed from the old VFL).

I do think we should be allowed to wear the prison bar gurnsey more often, BUT only at home games and we CAN NEVER be called the "Magpies" and also that if we play Collingwood regardless if it's a home game or away or game on the moon, we can NEVER wear black and white when we play Collingwood.
I would be happy with that, but not sure how Collingwood supporters would think about it."
Just wanna say I respect the Collingwood footy club, and I seriously do want your opinions and am not looking to start a fight or nothin.
Cheers.

I understand the possibility of negotiation, but at the moment I still need convincing. My thought is that although your history may be the Port Adelaide Magpies, you entered the AFL as the Port Adelaide Power and then should wear the Port Power guernsey with the initials as a tribute on the back or maybe even the Port magpies emblem somewhere on the guernsey. Perhaps you get to wear the guernsey against the Crows?

Just my thoughts.

We should go back to the black stipes on white jumper, definitely more appealing slash exciting to look at for some reason.

It's time that we got a proper "clash" jumper, that being one that does not involve solely on the colors black and white. It's 2014, every, and I mean every sporting club in the world has an alternative clash jumper.

Wake up collingwoodfc, we need one for games against Geelong and north when the spectacle is ruined by a stubborn president and a club stuck in some silly tradition that we can only wear variations of black and white!

Rant over

Stay in the black.

It looks stronger, bolder and more fearsome.

The black stripes on white back looks good too but the predominantly black has a more cutting edge.

It's time that we got a proper "clash" jumper, that being one that does not involve solely on the colors black and white. It's 2014, every, and I mean every sporting club in the world has an alternative clash jumper.

Wake up collingwoodfc, we need one for games against Geelong and north when the spectacle is ruined by a stubborn president and a club stuck in some silly tradition that we can only wear variations of black and white!

Rant over
Idiot

Rant over
Go to specsavers if you can't tell them apart please we look nothing like Geelong or North, the majority of there jumpers are white the majority of ours is black

Remove this Banner Ad

Back