Collingwood 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Your excuses for Cloke are lame thats the point.
Mate he missed the last month of the season what was he meant to do in that time, can you stop trolling you are still bitter about 2010. You could be right we may slide further down the ladder but at least we achieved something when we were up the top

Pies will be knocking on the door of the bottom 4 next year. Lost most of their top end quality, other top end talent either injured or on the wane. Kids not coming through that well which looks like poor development, and Buckley has yet to show the world that he can coach. Bit of pain for Collingwood in the next couple of years.

Nope, try again:

1) Pendlebury, Cloke, Reid, Sidebottom, Swan are still around and won't be injured come round 1 next year (barring pre-season injuries). Swan is the only one on the wane.
2) Kids like Elliot, Broomhead, Grundy, Witts, Adams, Langdon beg to differ, development is fine.
3) Buckley coached the side to a preliminary final in his first season and orchestrated wins against 5 of the 2014 top 8 including 3 top 4 teams (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th and 8th) and a very close-run game with 5th.

Been a long wait for some people for the pies to drop out of the 8 so that they could have some cheap shots.

Positives

Lots of improvement in youngsters Adams, Elliott, Broomhead, Langdon, Grundy & Witts who have all shown bits throughout the year to show they are capable.

Will hopefully get an injury free season for two of our best KP players in Brown & Reid. Frost & Keefe had 20 odd games in experience. Frost was holding his own on some of the big name forwards, just needs one of Brown or Reid to play down back to be more consistent. Keefe & Frost isnt a good combination.

Pick 5 plus Freeman & Moore will add some talent to our 22.

Varcoe gives us some flash and speed which we have lacked since the didak/leon days.

Greenwood in the midfield will improve us in our clearances and grunt.

Still took out the swans, roos, port, tigers, essendon all who made the 8

Negatives

One big glaring loss is Beams & too an extent Maxwells leadership in the backline.

Scharnberg (top 10 pick) wont be back till late in 2014 if even then.

Cloke had an atrocious year, you would hope he can better his output in 2014

White looks like to be a bad pickup, added absolutely nothing to the team in terms of experience or talent.

Macaffer gone for the year, no tagger to shut down the opposition number 1 mid.

Swan will only get worse, thats a given. I dont think he will improve on 2014, seems too injury riddled.

Ball, Harry & Maxwell barely offered anything to the pies in 2014 (Despite the prince finishing top 5 in b & f) His output is replaceble and he was far too inconsistent for a senior player.

We wont be as bad as people think or want to believe. If injuries are finally kind to us , we should be a lock for 5 to 8

13th

Defence: Nathan Brown and Ben Reid are always injured and Maxwell has retired. Leaving Frost as the only KPD. Leaving them short in defence and they will struggle against tall forward lines such as Port , Hawks , Sydney and Adelaide etc.

Midfield: Lost Beams to Lions. Leaving Pendlebury to carry the extra load. Swan is no where near his best , Macaffer tore his ACL and Ball retired. So basically Sidebottom is the only senior realistically capable to help out.

Forwardline: Who else is there to help out Cloke? Teams pretty much need to double team Cloke and Collingwood don't have an influence at all. White won't kick 2-3 goals every game. There only other reliable goal kicker is Elliot.

Reid will be the forward to help out Cloke. And Keeffe is a key defender too.

Where's this guy?

Will anyone stop this football club in 2015? Their list is formidable. They are not only strong in every position on the field, they have players that are more than capable on the sidelines who are ready to make an impact. Again, they've recruited better than most clubs this off-season without having access to top draft picks. They really are the benchmark of the competition and in my opinion will be invincible in 2015.

My question to you all is, can this football side go undefeated throughout the whole 2015 season? It's a scary thought, but after looking at their list from top to bottom, it is not unreasonable to suggest they will.

And Pods even stuffed his shoulder and went off when the Pies were on top, thus allowing Collingwood an easy shuffle of players thereafter that didn't really eventuate........was strange....
Was ridiculous. Inept.

All good. We have Greenwood who according to B&F results is better than Beams, so we'll be fine / Adam H logic :drunk:

Where did I post that? I posted that Collingwoid will be missing three of there top ten players three of those finished top 5. Collingwood supporter logic is that they are of no value and won't be missed.

2) Kids like Elliot, Broomhead, Grundy, Witts, Adams, Langdon beg to differ, development is fine.

I may be confused but aren't Langdon & Broomhead first year players so I don't think you can argue that's development.

Grundy if anything has plateaued at best this year and Witts has been in the system for a while now and is far from showing signs of becoming an A grade ruck.

Adams has hardly improved that much from his GWS games.

Elliot has improved remarkably though.

All in all I'd say you've not got a lot to show for developing players in recent years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, our logic is that B&F results are a stupid way of measuring a player's ability

No I didn't I said they are clearly valued at Collingwood. All three finished top 5 so obviously are rated. Lumbumba and McCaffer are similar to Greenwood in that they aren't the best talent wise but performed roles that they were given. Can't have it both ways one minute Greenwood is the second best player at North but Collingwoods Top five is irrelevant.

No I didn't I said they are clearly valued at Collingwood. All three finished top 5 so obviously are rated. Lumbumba and McCaffer are similar to Greenwood in that they aren't the best talent wise but performed roles that they were given. Can't have it both ways one minute Greenwood is the second best player at North but Collingwoods Top five is irrelevant.
Yeah, I said Greenwood is the second best player at North...didn't I? :drunk:

Yeah, I said Greenwood is the second best player at North...didn't I? :drunk:

I didn't say you did. Many of your supporters are using his top three finish as justification that he replaces Beams.

I think our peaks might be OK but as a few have said should be middle of the road as we are so fricken young.
Think our spine is decent if healthy, still have a sprinkling of premiership role players to be complimented by talented youth. Midfield has dropped in top end talent overall however, and we still lack a few options up forward. Scared and excited for whats ahead.

he did

8 marks, 2 and a half goals

back on topic........
He has a poor record across three grand finals and he will go down in history of having worse awareness than Kozi
images

Can't see them going backwards, had an awful lot of bad luck this year. With that said they will need to be very well drilled to sneak into the 8, it's a lot harder to make the 8 these days with the number of quality sides. They don't have enough top line talent (just my opinion). Playing Carlton & Essendon twice each could help them if Essendon's 2015 season is turned upside down again.

Good or bad it will be interesting either way, Buckley has a bit of pressure on him.

Wayne Carey whom may regard as the greatest CHF of all time entered each one of his respective grand finals averaging over 3.3 goals & 8 marks per game but put up an average of 1.3 goals & 6 marks in all three.

Riewoldt put up similar numbers in his three grand final appearances, I'm sure you don't begrudge Wayne though?
To young to remember Carey play at North

I don't think we'll make the finals next year but with a good run with several factors going our way finals talk doesn't sound ludicrous either.

I bleed for this club and will be a paid up Home and Away member again next year but unfortunately I think we're going to fall short again. The only way we'll play finals next year is if we have a great run on the injury front and we improve out of sight with our game plan and the youngsters take it to their next level and we see the likes of Karnezis, Freeman and Marsh emerge into genuine starters for the team.

Long-term we'll be in good stead as we turn over our list now, but in the short-term it's going to be a frustrating period for the club and I can see us being inconsistent again next year. The loss of Beams will hurt us especially in the short term, but I hope Levi Greenwood can fill this replacement adequately if he replicates his 2014 form from the Kangaroos and it should be remembered that three players in the top 5 for this year's Copeland Trophy won't be playing with us most likely as Beams and H are gone but Macaffer did his knee late in the season and while he's confident of a return by round 1 I don't want to see him rushed back in. I can't say I'm sold on the recruitment of Travis Varcoe but I hope he proves me wrong and young Jack Crisp is still a kid with just potential at the moment but I look forward to watching his development.

I have us finishing between 9th to 12th most likely and if everything goes our way with several factors such as injuries, game plan, form and improvement of players we might sneak a 7th or 8th spot. Finals would be a fantastic achievement for this side in my opinion next year.

I'll make a proper assessment of our potential position after the whole recruiting process is over in early December when the pre-season draft concludes and the fixture is released in less than two weeks time.

The next twelve months will tell us a lot more about how we're progressing as a football team. The decline needs to stop sooner rather than later but I have a bit of concern that it won't but I have faith that we could deliver the goods and sneak a finals spot if everything goes our way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back