Collingwood 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our KPP depth is where we are strong need to find another genuine target up forward so White can go hopefully Moore in a few seasons or perhaps Gault next year. But I don't think Cloke and Reid are a bad combo up forward and down back with Brown, Frost and Keeffe we are strong enough. I know the latter two tired a bit late last year but if Brown can get on the park they can be rotated in and out of the side so they don't fade out and then there is Marsh who was pushing for a game before he did his hamstring late in the year who I think we could see next year.

I think it is our mids and smaller players where the depth is lacking as we have too many guys who are late teens and early 20's age wise that was not so bad last year when Beams and Ball were still there it enabled the young blokes to be the depth players and not be relied upon to perform each week.

I think we are weak in the rucks I want to back in Witts and Grundy but I think we have to draft a mature back up in the rookie draft incase they are injured only having 2 ruckman on a list is not enough.

I think we can push forward next year and move back into the top 8 Greenwood in my eyes is a big downgrade on Beams, but I think a guy like Adams has the potential to deliver more than Ball did this year for us that is a plus then if we can get Reid and Brown on the park it improves how we structure up at both ends of the ground.

I haven't seen enough of Gault to form an opinion so I'll take your word for it. Moore is definitely a handy pick up but like all KPP will take time.

In the short term leaves you with Cloke, White, Reid, Brown, Frost, Keefe, Witts, Grundy.

Cloke, reid & brown have enough experience, white is just not up to it but the rest all need more games under their belt IMO. Will be a real strength in a year or two definitely

I haven't seen enough of Gault to form an opinion so I'll take your word for it. Moore is definitely a handy pick up but like all KPP will take time.

In the short term leaves you with Cloke, White, Reid, Brown, Frost, Keefe, Witts, Grundy.

Cloke, reid & brown have enough experience, white is just not up to it but the rest all need more games under their belt IMO. Will be a real strength in a year or two definitely
White is alright as a second ruck but is woeful as a forward, I think if Brown stands up we can get through the year with Brown and Frost or Keeffe. Gault has shown a fair bit in the VFL and kicked 2 goals against the Hawks in round 23 without Reid or Cloke in the forward line he is 199cm and has a decent leap on him. Has a lot more upside than White, he has been a bit injury prone but if he has a good pre-season he is in his 4th year and should be ready to step up.

Haha, holy s**t. You did what I said in my post that some Collingwood supporter would do. I hope this is some joke you're pulling on me but deep down inside I know it's not and that this is really happening.
I guess it's the whole glass houses thing, if you don't want your club to be judged then, you know... Do you believe that because you said someone would do it, that somehow takes away someones right of expressing an opinion? I think we will finish above North next year, am I allowed to say that or does your prediction of what a Collingwood supporter would say forbid me?

Geez...I remember seeing a player with the following stats
2001 - 6 games, 2 goals
2002 - 22 games, 21 goals
2003 - 22 games, 30 goals

hardly elite?! - Player Nick Riewoldt.

Go away troll!

What a ridiculous comparison. One is a Top age 18 year old playing against 17 and 18 year olds and only managed 15 goals in 15 games. The other is a 18 year old playing senior AFL at CHF.

Varcoe says flag more likely for Pies than Cats in next few years

Herald Sun -
TRAVIS Varcoe wants to win a third premiership — and believes the greater security Collingwood has offered could give him a better chance than if he had remained at Geelong.

The creative utility revealed on Wednesday he feared the Cats might eventually turn to their younger brigade at his expense and the Magpies had “blown everyone out of the park” as he meticulously researched potential second homes

Great stuff

I don't see any reason why we can't sneak back into the 8 next year. It will all depend on the development of the younger players to take the heat of players like Pendlebury and Cloke. IMO this will be defining of Bucks coaching career, if he can develop these players or not.

Herald Sun -
TRAVIS Varcoe wants to win a third premiership — and believes the greater security Collingwood has offered could give him a better chance than if he had remained at Geelong.

The creative utility revealed on Wednesday he feared the Cats might eventually turn to their younger brigade at his expense and the Magpies had “blown everyone out of the park” as he meticulously researched potential second homes

Great stuff

Yeah fair to say he knew he was out of the best 22 at Geelong and has gone to a club that he will get regular senior games.

Reading the HS this morning Greenwood also left as he saw himself being pushed to the back of the line at North.

For saying Collingwood won't make finals? Ooh, what a villain!

Harden up, princess. For what it's worth, I don't think Collingwood will make finals either and I'll await some Collingwood supporter to quote me saying, "b-but neither will North! :cry:"

Neither North or Essendon will make the finals.

Herald Sun -

I think if you take his comments in context, he is suggesting that even if Geelong do win won in next few years - he doesn't think he would be in the side.

I don't think he is stating Collingwood are a better chance than Geelong. Although, to be fair, neither of them are a chance in the next few years imo.

Herald Sun -

Great stuff

The pies spin doctor's have got to him already, in plain speak he's saying he won't get a game at Geelong but will at the Pies.

Yeah fair to say he knew he was out of the best 22 at Geelong and has gone to a club that he will get regular senior games.

Reading the HS this morning Greenwood also left as he saw himself being pushed to the back of the line at North.

Despite being in the prime of his career and finishing equal second in their B+F? Yeah ok....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite being in the prime of his career and finishing equal second in their B+F? Yeah ok....

He himself said he would struggle with the return of several key players that will push him back. Seven seasons and one decent one I guess he knows where he is at.

He himself said he would struggle with the return of several key players that will push him back. Seven seasons and one decent one I guess he knows where he is at.

Darcy Moore is a dud that Bulldogs bid on at pick 5.

Buckley is a dud because he has as many flags as St kilda has in the last 40 years.

Pies are s**t....we get it.

Nope. Nope. Nope

yeah they pies will struggle, but they just brought in a bunch of younger players, its a fallacy to claim top 4 in because they are in a transition period

Realisticly it could be seen as a positive year if a lot of the younger blokes grow int the roles and they still miss finals, Midfield depth has been slashed from previous years and is where they will struggle the most, especially with a few younger blokes in it. Which is 100% why They targeted Greenwood when he became available and went after Varcoe

I'll be interested if they push jamie Elliot to the middle for stints during next season,

Thanks for your opinion. Lucky that your opinion ain't fact. Funny that Hawks fans think they know so much about footy. Most arrogant fans in the league

Darcy Moore is a dud that Bulldogs bid on at pick 5.

Buckley is a dud because he has as many flags as St kilda has in the last 40 years.

Pies are s**t....we get it.

Just rehashing what was in the newspaper article. Sorry if it didnt suit your agenda.

What a ridiculous comparison. One is a Top age 18 year old playing against 17 and 18 year olds and only managed 15 goals in 15 games. The other is a 18 year old playing senior AFL at CHF.

Just pointing out the stupidity of your posts.
By any measure and by people who have more expertise than you in rating players , Darcy Moore is a legitimate top 10 pick. Anything after that is a lottery. Riewoldt played 6 games in his first season for a 2 goal return. Let's just say I would hope Moore has a better return than that in his first six games.
Moore is also a utility who can play forward, back and ruck.

'Ridiculous comparisons' are all yours, stupidly attempting to extrapolate a players AFL future by the amount of goals he kicked at a junior level.

I am sure that Alan Richardson would love to have him at the Saints. So would many other Saints supporters.

Just pointing out the stupidity of your posts.
By any measure and by people who have more expertise than you in rating players , Darcy Moore is a legitimate top 10 pick. Anything after that is a lottery. Riewoldt played 6 games in his first season for a 2 goal return. Let's just say I would hope Moore has a better return than that in his first six games.
Moore is also a utility who can play forward, back and ruck.

'Ridiculous comparisons' are all yours, stupidly attempting to extrapolate a players AFL future by the amount of goals he kicked at a junior level.

I am sure that Alan Richardson would love to have him at the Saints. So would many other Saints supporters.

How do you know how much expertise I have in rating players? I myself may be involved at TAC Level you dont know either way. I would suggest if Moore had a different surname he'd have fallen outside the first 15 . Figures dont lie 15 goals as your side key forward in the TAC is a poor return for years work.

As for Riewoldt the reason is first season was slow stat wise is he was injured until at least mid year.

How do you know how much expertise I have in rating players? I myself may be involved at TAC Level you dont know either way. I would suggest if Moore had a different surname he'd have fallen outside the first 15 . Figures dont lie 15 goals as your side key forward in the TAC is a poor return for years work.

As for Riewoldt the reason is first season was slow stat wise is he was injured until at least mid year.
Well are you?

Stop spinning your rubbish!

Really excited about the Greenwood trade.
It can go 2 ways.
Get LaVerde at 5 along with Greenwood in the short term.
Have Scharenberg (6), Freeman (10) & LaVerde (5) to build the midfield in 2 years.
Or we could get Peter Wright at 5 and have Darcy Moore (9) and have 2 of the best KPF's in one draft like Franklin/Roughead in 2004.
I would be envious to seeing that as a St. Kilda supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back