Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, Craig lowndes
151123_training1.jpg

Except for training... and games...

The Holden Centre definitely isn't in Richmond. The MCG is a weird case, it's official address has it as Brunton Avenue, Richmond 3002. 3002 is the East Melbourne postcode and all adjoining streets and even other addresses on Brunton Avenue are listed as East Melbourne 3002.

I blame KB. Back in 1853 when they built he probably kept insisting that the MCG really wanted to be in Richmond.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
That 2013 draft is killing us but we have plenty of half backs...

Our half backs a really vanilla and overrated IMO. Most of them that have terrible skills and the ones that can kick have major weaknesses.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our half backs a really vanilla and overrated IMO. Most of them that have terrible skills and the ones that can kick have major weaknesses.

It's just that they are all young, a few have cemented places but none have really stamped it as their own. Williams is more of a back pocket, and Bucks must see it as a weakness by putting Pendles and Sidebottom there for stretches, but as long as Reid stays fit we should be alright.

Probably gives Toovey a lifeline which some here will hate.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
It's just that they are all young, a few have cemented places but none have really stamped it as their own. Williams is more of a back pocket, and Bucks must see it as a weakness by putting Pendles and Sidebottom there for stretches, but as long as Reid stays fit we should be alright.

With Scharenberg down I'm starting to lean more to Reid down Back.

Probably gives Toovey a lifeline which some here will hate.

You just had to remind me, didn't you.:mad:

I believe you only get your name on a locker if you've played 100 games or played in a Premiership.
Correct. The thing is they both played in Premierships, both played over 100 games, however they actually played more games in another number (than 10).
So we were trying to establish why their names were placed on number 10 locker.
The Collingwood Forever site actually lists their jumper number (based upon the most games played), both players listed with numbers 11 & 12 (as their main number).
image.png

image.png

Dibbs won 5 flags & Clayden won 4.
Both important cogs in The Machine.

Yeah, he's a great Key Position Player
Who plays at CHB. You said all our half backs were vanilla. Unless I missed something, CHB is still a part of the half back line isn't it?

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Who plays at CHB. You said all our half backs were vanilla. Unless I missed something, CHB is still a part of the half back line isn't it?

Okay, sorry for not double checking the terminology with you first.

Okay, sorry for not double checking the terminology with you first.
Seriously, I'm not sure what you're getting shitty about? I wasn't even having a go, was just pointing out that in addition to Maynard we have Reid off half back who's also a great user. How the * am I meant to know that you were excluding KPP's from your assessment if you don't say so???

surfer1

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2006
coogee
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
parramatta
I suppose most of had Shazz in our best 22 at some point in time this year, but the reality is he remains unfortunately an unknown and we need to look at what's left in the cupboard, if assume he was a HBF then the list of possibles are many, I feel so sorry for Shazz but in reality he wasn't likely to make an immediate impact and players like Marsh, Langdon, Maynard and Ramsey may carry us in good stead. Like Mike 123 says so me it means Reid down back is more likely now even if Shazz wasn't in our top 22 straight up. I feel the stability and experience of Brown and Reid are vital down back

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Seriously, I'm not sure what you're getting shitty about? I wasn't even having a go, was just pointing out that in addition to Maynard we have Reid off half back who's also a great user. How the **** am I meant to know that you were excluding KPP's from your assessment if you don't say so???

Okay fair enough. I'll say flankers next time to avoid situations.

TheWing121

All Australian
May 22, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I suppose most of had Shazz in our best 22 at some point in time this year, but the reality is he remains unfortunately an unknown and we need to look at what's left in the cupboard, if assume he was a HBF then the list of possibles are many, I feel so sorry for Shazz but in reality he wasn't likely to make an immediate impact and players like Marsh, Langdon, Maynard and Ramsey may carry us in good stead. Like Mike 123 says so me it means Reid down back is more likely now even if Shazz wasn't in our top 22 straight up. I feel the stability and experience of Brown and Reid are vital down back

I don't think it will influence the decision to play Reid forward or back. Obviously a shocking injury for a young player who could be anything, but it is probably one injury we have a number of players lining up like you mentioned, it wont surprise me to see the likes of Aish, Varcoe or Crisp play off the halfback at times with such a stacked midfield

surfer1

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2006
coogee
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
parramatta
I don't think it will influence the decision to play Reid forward or back. Obviously a shocking injury for a young player who could be anything, but it is probably one injury we have a number of players lining up like you mentioned, it wont surprise me to see the likes of Aish, Varcoe or Crisp play off the halfback at times with such a stacked midfield
And Sidebottom and Pendles

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus

Considering Reid was already pegged down back before this happened I don't think it will influence the decision.

It influenced my opinion as I had Scharenberg as a third tall so I moved Marsh to the third tall spot and wanted another key tall that could rebound, the only two that I had in mind were Reid and Keeffe.

Back