Analysis Collingwood Almanac 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

He has already told the Club he won't play for Collingwood next year. Club has offered him a contract and he told us to stick it where the sun does not shine

I'd be really disappointed if that's the case to be honest. I really think it'll come back to bite us if he leaves. Can easily see him playing AFL at another club. Kinda frustrated that he never got more than a quarter here and there. His numbers at VFL level have been pretty good recently. Hope we can convince him to stick around.

But can understand if he leaves as he was never given a proper chance.

I'd be really disappointed if that's the case to be honest. I really think it'll come back to bite us if he leaves. Can easily see him playing AFL at another club. Kinda frustrated that he never got more than a quarter here and there. His numbers at VFL level have been pretty good recently. Hope we can convince him to stick around.

But can understand if he leaves as he was never given a proper chance.

Does have the Potential to bite us on the Ass in the Future

No currency when playing no games.

Given Karnezis' standard of performance he is in my view a must retain.
Do you think next year will be his break out year? Last year he was injured on amd off and only had his first full pre season this year. And his vfl performances are getting big.

Do you think next year will be his break out year? Last year he was injured on amd off and only had his first full pre season this year. And his vfl performances are getting big.

But for what Club?

If Karnezis has a full preseason and improves his endurance. That's when he has a chance to work his way into our best 22.

Ben Hart's comments during today's telecast regarding Karnezis' position on our list were along these lines, that he will need to improve his endurance to get senior opportunities.

If Karnezis has a full preseason and improves his endurance. That's when he has a chance to work his way into our best 22.

Ben Hart's comments during today's telecast regarding Karnezis' position on our list were along these lines, that he will need to improve his endurance to get senior opportunities.

What Club would PK play at Next Year then Knightmare

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood I'm anticipating.

I been told by mattys123 that Pies have tried to Re-Sign him but he said Flat Out NO. Does not like playing VFL Footy. Other Clubs have told him he would get Senior Games for them

I been told by mattys123 that Pies have tried to Re-Sign him but he said Flat Out NO. Does not like playing VFL Footy. Other Clubs have told him he would get Senior Games for them

I tend not to believe a message until multiple media sources suggest that something is the case.

So I'll take some convincing with any rumours from any bigfooty poster.

In saying that I can't imagine anyone would enjoy being stuck in the 2s when they're week-in, week-out dominating at that level, and there even are injuries and you're still not getting a shot. The other side of that though is he grew up a mad Collingwood supporter. So I'm interested to see whether he is willing to let go of his club. Particularly when there is still an offer to come back next season.

In the scenario things didn't work out. I'm not in the loop as to which clubs are suggesting Karnezis would be best 22. I can only imagine struggling Victorian teams would be in talks with Karnezis about a potential list position. And by struggling the implication would be teams such as Carlton, Essendon, St Kilda and Melbourne who still are building.

Keath to the crows seems to suggest he's having one last roll of the dice with cricket, with footy just a back up plan. His best chance at cracking consistent shield games is with the redbacks and signing with Adelaide would best allow him to train and be involved in an AFL club when time permits. Geelong also have form in allowing athletes eg. Blicavs to concentrate on other sports, but that was more a go and do your other thing and come to us when your finished. Given that higher aerobic fitness requirements of AFL you'd think a more hands on local option would be preferable.

I tend not to believe a message until multiple media sources suggest that something is the case.

So I'll take some convincing with any rumours from any bigfooty poster.

In saying that I can't imagine anyone would enjoy being stuck in the 2s when they're week-in, week-out dominating at that level, and there even are injuries and you're still not getting a shot. The other side of that though is he grew up a mad Collingwood supporter. So I'm interested to see whether he is willing to let go of his club. Particularly when there is still an offer to come back next season.

In the scenario things didn't work out. I'm not in the loop as to which clubs are suggesting Karnezis would be best 22. I can only imagine struggling Victorian teams would be in talks with Karnezis about a potential list position. And by struggling the implication would be teams such as Carlton, Essendon, St Kilda and Melbourne who still are building.

Well I don’t always 100% Believe the Media on Players Movement as they are not always Correct.

I am still not 100% Sold on that we are Getting Treloar.

Well I you don’t have to Believe anything:rolleyes: but I know this is 100% True

I can understand PK wanting out. Its hard to see where he will get a solid game in our best 22 now with Fasolo and Elliot really nailing the mid sized lead up forwards and I just don't think he will cut it in the midfield. A very handy depth player really. He would definitely be getting games at Carlton maybe the Bombers and ironically at Brisbane.

His form at VFL level has been good and deserved a few more cracks at AFL level. However you have to also remember we persisted with him last year when he was injured for most of it so you would hope thats worth some loyalty points, nonetheless if someone is offering more money and senior games its a no brainer for him.

Keath to the crows seems to suggest he's having one last roll of the dice with cricket, with footy just a back up plan. His best chance at cracking consistent shield games is with the redbacks and signing with Adelaide would best allow him to train and be involved in an AFL club when time permits. Geelong also have form in allowing athletes eg. Blicavs to concentrate on other sports, but that was more a go and do your other thing and come to us when your finished. Given that higher aerobic fitness requirements of AFL you'd think a more hands on local option would be preferable.

Terrific junior talent. As a tall, it's a better chance getting a once was, than someone who hasn't played the game in some respects.

I'm all for him coming back to our game.

As with all those alternative rookies, it's against the odds. But as a free shot. It's worth it if there is any chance.

Maybe PK's cousin is talking s**t.

Thoughts on rookie listing Keefe & Thomas? I am

I am quite undecided whether this is a good idea or not and not sure exactly how this works. If there is nothing better out there then maybe. But why would we rookie them this year - why not next year?

Keefe I think has some value to us given his size and ability to play back - currently we have no back up key defenders. He would be a depth player and some insurance for ruck and key defender posts so as a rookie it works OK.

Thomas I liked, but not sure we will need in 2 years time. He would be a better chance getting a game for a side like the Bombers or Brisbane as he would likely just get stuck in the VFL with us.

Other rookie options come the end of the year I have no idea who may be available in this regard, although Clem Beauterol has been getting a lot of media coverage and may be available in the off season.

Thoughts on rookie listing Keefe & Thomas? I am

I am quite undecided whether this is a good idea or not and not sure exactly how this works. If there is nothing better out there then maybe. But why would we rookie them this year - why not next year?

Keefe I think has some value to us given his size and ability to play back - currently we have no back up key defenders. He would be a depth player and some insurance for ruck and key defender posts so as a rookie it works OK.

Thomas I liked, but not sure we will need in 2 years time. He would be a better chance getting a game for a side like the Bombers or Brisbane as he would likely just get stuck in the VFL with us.

Other rookie options come the end of the year I have no idea who may be available in this regard, although Clem Beauterol has been getting a lot of media coverage and may be available in the off season.

I have no issue with them being rookied, if not picked up by someone else. It's not a deep draft and the club aren't super keen on this draft or the depth. So while we'd have to wait a year for Keeffe and Thomas, they'd be fine as those final two rookies.

You have a valid point about picking them next year rather than this year through the rookie draft, and it seems more for moral support reasons more than anything. But it's a way to keep their rights, to put it that way, so that we get them back playing for the 2017 season, rather than have some other team take them in the 2016 draft when we may only be prepared to rookie them.

I have no issue with them being rookied, if not picked up by someone else. It's not a deep draft and the club aren't super keen on this draft or the depth. So while we'd have to wait a year for Keeffe and Thomas, they'd be fine as those final two rookies.

You have a valid point about picking them next year rather than this year through the rookie draft, and it seems more for moral support reasons more than anything. But it's a way to keep their rights, to put it that way, so that we get them back playing for the 2017 season, rather than have some other team take them in the 2016 draft when we may only be prepared to rookie them.

So the Draft is so Bad in Depth as you can have 2 Guys not allowed at the Club to be on your Rookie list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back