List Mgmt. Collingwood Father/Son Prospect Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Read this on the Bound for Glory Web-site:

The Pies will however get the opportunity to track Josh Daicos, the son of one of its greatest ever in Peter. The 1990 premiership hero has passed down similar traits to his son, who will only see limited TAC Cup footy for Oakleigh this year as he juggles school commitments with Camberwell Grammar.

The youngest of the Daicos clan, Nick won the under 14 carnival’s best player award, and is regarded one of the best talents of his age group in the country.

Good to see Josh make the Chargers team as an Underage Kid.

1st I ever heard that Nick has shown some Really Good Signs.

http://boundforglorynews.com/afl-bloodlines-father-sons/

My son's team has played against Josh at Bulleen-Templestowe and he got a lot of the ball as a +1 across half-back but we didn't(couldn't?) really make him accountable. Having said that his disposal was excellent and he didn't put a foot wrong all game. Will be interesting to see how he goes but Nick may be the best prospect of the two.

He won't play much TAC at all Collingwood want to develop him in house
That wouldn't surprise me at all with the proposed changes to father/son bidding.
I think you'll find a lot of clubs will start trying to keep their father/son prospects as low profile as possible.

How old is Josh?

He won't play much TAC at all Collingwood want to develop him in house

Really?

Is that wise?

Would've thought the best development he could have is playing in the elite competition of kids his own age?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exciting news.

I believe Josh is 17 this year so is in his bottom age year.

I stand to be corrected though.
Yes, like my son Josh is 17 this year. They have been tracking since U/10 in Yarra Junior comp out here.

That wouldn't surprise me at all with the proposed changes to father/son bidding.
I think you'll find a lot of clubs will start trying to keep their father/son prospects as low profile as possible.
You are right one of my mates dads is mates with Daicos and he told him that the club will develop him in house they have got good development coaches running the academy and apart from what he does at Collingwood he will play a little bit of school footy

How old is Josh?

Really?

Is that wise?

Would've thought the best development he could have is playing in the elite competition of kids his own age?
Not necessarily it is about the coaches around you he will play a bit of school footy for Camberwell and train at the Pies. He will be better prepared for the AFL life this way

Daicos kicks it to Moore who passes it to Daicos who goals. Make it happen

Edited for further embellishment and multi permutations ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back