Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is pricey i must admit. Hard to believe it was actually more expensive for ps3 on release which was close to 800?

I think its a better done system overall, i wouldnt rush out and buy one until more games were released or packaged console with games. Saying that i am really enjoying some of the psPlus titles they release.

I rarely drink and i dont smoke , so theres my justification for the price!
Can't beat a PC for modability of games, my Skyrim is running thirty plus mods with a resolution and frame rate that makes any console look like a PS1.

Can't beat a PC for modability of games, my Skyrim is running thirty plus mods with a resolution and frame rate that makes any console look like a PS1.

Cant disagree with PC gaming for being better graphic wise!

Graphics are never the first drawcard for me though, has to draw you in. But nothing worse than seeing a pretty game and the gameplay depth is next to none. Skyrim is definitely not what im referrring to !! hah But so many other games seem to think its all about graphics which is pretty poor.

Graphics are never the first drawcard for me though, has to draw you in. But nothing worse than seeing a pretty game and the gameplay depth is next to none. Skyrim is definitely not what im referrring to !! hah But so many other games seem to think its all about graphics which is pretty poor.
Agree, playability and depth will draw you back to a game long after the glitzy bling graphics have paled.

On the 30 + mods installed a good third are realism mods such as weather, crafting, hunting, survival, realistic illness effects etc., this is what keeps me playing - the graphics are sensational but the depth is the key.

Agree, playability and depth will draw you back to a game long after the glitzy bling graphics have paled.

On the 30 + mods installed a good third are realism mods such as weather, crafting, hunting, survival, realistic illness effects etc., this is what keeps me playing - the graphics are sensational but the depth is the key.

Sounds awesome. Would be impressive seeing all that in full flight. Never got into the Elder Scrolls games intensely, have played elder scrolls online, of which ive really enjoyed (Understand it isnt near the depth of the single player editions, for an mmo its probably the best ive seen)

However would love to do what you have done and just play it on ultra settings and give the real deal a bash in Skyrim

My biggest time sink has been Warcraft 3 > Dota 1 (also on wc3) > Dota 2

Modding is a great draw for games with regards to longevity and a strong modding community will keep a game fresh long after release. Total War games, Elder Scrolls games, Mount and Blade games (been looking to play the Clash of Kings mod), etc.

That said, modding can only build on a strong base. I'm generally talking about big mods though. Not little mods like the one I made where I boosted the damage of physics-impacted objects in Skyrim so that my 'magic footpad' character could use the telekinesis spell to kill enemies by firing pots and pans at them. Roleplaying rationale was that I needed to keep my inventory light on equipment so that I'm able to carry more loot. :D

Sounds awesome. Would be impressive seeing all that in full flight. Never got into the Elder Scrolls games intensely, have played elder scrolls online, of which ive really enjoyed (Understand it isnt near the depth of the single player editions, for an mmo its probably the best ive seen)

However would love to do what you have done and just play it on ultra settings and give the real deal a bash in Skyrim

My biggest time sink has been Warcraft 3 > Dota 1 (also on wc3) > Dota 2
I have been playing PC games since just before my son was born in 1984 so I can say my biggest time sinks have been the original 'Elite' the 'Civilization' series, the 'Wing Commander' series, the 'might and magic' series (M&M6 was the very first 3d adventure game) and of course 'the elder scrolls series'. I still play an extremely heavilly modded 'Morrowind' that approaches Skyrim in some areas of graphics due to the mods, ditto for my version of 'Oblivion' but Skyrim is seriously the most moddable, most immersive single player game I've played since the original 'Elite'.

I play a wood elf archer/theif and can spend literally hours just travelling from one location to another, collecting herbs, shooting elk and mudcrabs, stalking imperial soldiers and practicing my stealth. Gaining town and access to a smithy I can take my collected metal ores to a smelter and forge new weapons and armour (earning smith points to go towards leveling and smithing perks), tan the elk skin for leather to craft into hide or leather armour (again gaining smithing points) then slip accross to the general store to sell off my general loot.

The coolest of my new mods is called 'Frostfall' which gives the player susceptibility to the climate and penalizes a player for over exposure to the elements and the effects of immersion, forcing them to seek a fire and shelter. Adds immesureably to the immersion factor.

I have been playing PC games since just before my son was born in 1984 so I can say my biggest time sinks have been the original 'Elite' the 'Civilization' series, the 'Wing Commander' series, the 'might and magic' series (M&M6 was the very first 3d adventure game) and of course 'the elder scrolls series'. I still play an extremely heavilly modded 'Morrowind' that approaches Skyrim in some areas of graphics due to the mods, ditto for my version of 'Oblivion' but Skyrim is seriously the most moddable, most immersive single player game I've played since the original 'Elite'.

I play a wood elf archer/theif and can spend literally hours just travelling from one location to another, collecting herbs, shooting elk and mudcrabs, stalking imperial soldiers and practicing my stealth. Gaining town and access to a smithy I can take my collected metal ores to a smelter and forge new weapons and armour (earning smith points to go towards leveling and smithing perks), tan the elk skin for leather to craft into hide or leather armour (again gaining smithing points) then slip accross to the general store to sell off my general loot.

The coolest of my new mods is called 'Frostfall' which gives the player susceptibility to the climate and penalizes a player for over exposure to the elements and the effects of immersion, forcing them to seek a fire and shelter. Adds immesureably to the immersion factor.

Yeah i would have gotten into games possibly 1990 as an 8 year old . Havent stopped since.

Had the Commodore 64! Microsoccer, Bubble Bobble, PitStop, Boulder Dash! hah. Through to Doom, Premier Manager 3. Then on to Warcraft series.

Man you explaining skyrim in that middle paragraph is making me itch for a pc upgrade ahah. That mod sounds exceptional

Yeah i would have gotten into games possibly 1990 as an 8 year old . Havent stopped since.

Had the Commodore 64! Microsoccer, Bubble Bobble, PitStop, Boulder Dash! hah. Through to Doom, Premier Manager 3. Then on to Warcraft series.

Man you explaining skyrim in that middle paragraph is making me itch for a pc upgrade ahah. That mod sounds exceptional
Had a colecovision first, then an atari XL2600 followed by a C64, then an Amiga 500, 2000 and 3000, then stared on PC's.

I remember when wolfenstien first came out being dumbstruck, then the demo version of Doom came out and I could play it on my 1mb 286 PC and I was totally hooked - even paid out close on $250 for an upgrade to 4 megs so I could play the full version which for its day was ultra wow.

As for the mods for Skyrim the sky is literally the limit, another mod I have is called 'Climates of Tamriel' which gives totally individual variations of climate between the various regions of Skyrim and works very well with Frostfall. Then there is the hunter's mod which allows you to butcher individual animals you have killed and progress within a hunter's guild. Then there are game realism mods that build in realistic behaviour for all huntable game and create scenarios where you may be stalked by packs of up to 10 wolves at a time.

Lol raving on a bit.

Just bought some Turtle Beach Px51's. Hopefully they'll implement a patch to make them wirelessly compatible with the PS4 soon.

Still holding off buying one yet, the game library just is not there yet. I'll stick to Dota 2 for now.

Think I'll buy it once Arkham Knight drops later in the year. Any other good games worth picking up in the interim besides InFamous: SS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add me on PS4 i dont have madden , am looking to add some people and hopefully play games if we have the same collection!

ill get back to you with login name if keen
Hey mate, I just got a PS4, I also have no friends. How do you add people? With email or username or is there some weird number thing?

Had a colecovision first, then an atari XL2600 followed by a C64, then an Amiga 500, 2000 and 3000, then stared on PC's.

I remember when wolfenstien first came out being dumbstruck, then the demo version of Doom came out and I could play it on my 1mb 286 PC and I was totally hooked - even paid out close on $250 for an upgrade to 4 megs so I could play the full version which for its day was ultra wow.

As for the mods for Skyrim the sky is literally the limit, another mod I have is called 'Climates of Tamriel' which gives totally individual variations of climate between the various regions of Skyrim and works very well with Frostfall. Then there is the hunter's mod which allows you to butcher individual animals you have killed and progress within a hunter's guild. Then there are game realism mods that build in realistic behaviour for all huntable game and create scenarios where you may be stalked by packs of up to 10 wolves at a time.

Lol raving on a bit.
My GF bought me an atari remake console for xmas. It has something like 70 games built into it. I have been playing millipede, it is hilariously fun old-school gaming.

Did you play the Last of Us? Everyone went mental about that game. I found it to be pretty, but very gameplay poor.

My GF bought me an atari remake console for xmas. It has something like 70 games built into it. I have been playing millipede, it is hilariously fun old-school gaming.
One of the early 3d arcade games that came out accross a number of consoles - and the C64 (which I played it on) - was a game called 'head over heels'. Horrendously addictive. River raid on the Atari was a scrolling top down shooter that was likewise addictive.

Did you play the Last of Us? Everyone went mental about that game. I found it to be pretty, but very gameplay poor.

Have got it on ps3! Havent completed , as silly as it sounds im almost considering trading it in and rebuying on ps4. Might hold on to it for a bit longer yet. I really enjoyed the story line to it, very intense and nothing like ive ever experienced.

i didnt mind the gameplay, some of it was a bit tedious. Probably goes against what i previously wrote, i actually enjoyed this game more so for the storyline and looks hah.

Will get back to ya with the username for ps4!!!

What games you got ? Are u a psplus member ?

Add me on PS4 i dont have madden , am looking to add some people and hopefully play games if we have the same collection!

ill get back to you with login name if keen

PSN Sapperdon9, havent been playing much because of assignments but by the end of may will be into watchdogs and MLB the show looks amazing

Last edited:
Have got it on ps3! Havent completed , as silly as it sounds im almost considering trading it in and rebuying on ps4. Might hold on to it for a bit longer yet. I really enjoyed the story line to it, very intense and nothing like ive ever experienced.

i didnt mind the gameplay, some of it was a bit tedious. Probably goes against what i previously wrote, i actually enjoyed this game more so for the storyline and looks hah.

Will get back to ya with the username for ps4!!!

What games you got ? Are u a psplus member ?
Killzone, Thief and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I will probably be getting on Watchdogs something fierce.

I am no a psplus member but I will be soon. I had to buy a new tyre this week instead :(

Killzone, Thief and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I will probably be getting on Watchdogs something fierce.

I am no a psplus member but I will be soon. I had to buy a new tyre this week instead :(

Ah damn!!!

Be sure to give Outlast a go. Very intense atmosphere with that game, really well done

Watch_Dogs looks the goods, worked the midnight launch for it and was had to restrain myself from picking it up on the spot. Once my exams are over, will be getting on it like pigs in mud.

Also, don't know how many resident MMO nuts we have in here, but is anyone looking at Wildstar? Comes out in a week, been playing the beta and I've been mega impressed. Only shame is the lack of Australian servers makes PVP kinda shite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back