Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why you seem to be taking it so personally

Instead of using deflection, how about you actually post what you like about the game?

I'm disappointed in the game, I was amped for this, I pre ordered digital pro in September, I was looking forward to a fresh COD as the last one I bought was Bo2, and expecting an improvement, I don't believe it has delivered that. Maybe I expected too much I don't know.

I've simply stated what I don't like about it, in detail. I'd like to hear from you what makes it an improvement on past COD's?, Ghosts aside as I agree with you, that was a pile of rubbish.

The fixes will be minimal, sure they can try and fix the lag, and buff/nerf a few weapons and a few minor tweaks but what it is now, is pretty much it.

Last edited:
I'm not deflecting at all and you still seem to be taking it personally, god knows why because imo I've done absolutely nothing to warrant it.

It's as if you read the first paragraph of my OP, took it the wrong way and got your back up and decided to challenge anything I then had to say.

All I said is that it was bad but maybe not quite as bad as you're making it out to be. That's it.

I really don't care enough about the subject matter to continue discussing it.

Last edited:
I'll throw my hat into the ring.

I like the game.

Already prestiged, so played like 10 hours or so on Multiplayer.

I think, ultimately, it comes down to whether or not you're good at the game to judge whether you enjoy it.

But, I'll talk about the game a bit more.

The exo movement means that the games are a LOT more fast paced, but you die a lot more. There are no battle points, where you can strategically set yourself up. Because exo movement allows people to jump over buildings and such, you will always find yourself flanked. Also, the spawns aren't great either, particularly on the smaller maps. It's a lot harder to get the usual 30-3 or whatever. Having a 2KD will usually find you at the top of most games.

The assault rifles dominate in this game. The SMG's and Shotguns fail in comparison, and you can view that as annoying, but I don't really care because I'll use an assault rifle anyway, although would like SMG's to be strengthened a bit.

The recent patch should have fixed the connection issues. And yes, there is connection issues, as most CoD's have. This one MAY seem a little prevalent, you can go from a 4 bar to a 1 bar to a 4 bar and vice verca, often in a game but I'm not sure if it's just a visual glitch or the connection is actually happening.

The whining you see people make about connection, is probably just an excuse for them being terrible. I would know, I blame the connection too when I'm playing horribly.

Like the gif posted before, it doesn't happen often at all.

I think those are really the main points. Everything else is up to personal opinion, whether you like it or not, the guns, perks, nades etc.

BLOODY STEAM GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Servers apparently down AGAIN, just when I'm migrating my account from my old i3 dual core to my spanking new i5 - soooooooooooo bloody tired of their bullshit.

If I wasn't addicted to Skyrim . . . mmmmmmmmmmmm and panting for the imminenent release of Elite Dangerous - both run exclusively through steam clients - I would send them a nice little email detailing exactly how and with how much force they should shove it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BLOODY STEAM GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Servers apparently down AGAIN, just when I'm migrating my account from my old i3 dual core to my spanking new i5 - soooooooooooo bloody tired of their bullshit.

If I wasn't addicted to Skyrim . . . mmmmmmmmmmmm and panting for the imminenent release of Elite Dangerous - both run exclusively through steam clients - I would send them a nice little email detailing exactly how and with how much force they should shove it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Steam is very fickle. I try to avoid it and buy on GOG where possible. The service Steam provides is nice, but they do it so poorly, and the client is so rubbish, after using it for so many years I'm just fed up with it. Games like Skyrim obviously provide a serious issue. Any reason you can't just go into offline mode and play it though?

Never checked out the nest, pleasantly surprised to find this thread. Can't face wading through 33 pages so I have a question for those interested.

I've been gaming - text based muds for way way too long. Ignorance, net connection and dark age computers kept me there, apart from a bit of time on UT2003 demo. Finally tried out tf2 a few months ago and totally hooked. About to finally upgrade beyond a s**t laptop to something capable of gaming.

Question is, should I put more time into tf2 or will I end up regretting spending time on an out of date game as I have with text based muds? I like the whole fps thing but particularly its the team aspect that appeals to me about tf2. Any advice. I'm not adversed to forking out dough if its going to be something worth putting way too many hours into.

Steam is very fickle. I try to avoid it and buy on GOG where possible. The service Steam provides is nice, but they do it so poorly, and the client is so rubbish, after using it for so many years I'm just fed up with it. Games like Skyrim obviously provide a serious issue. Any reason you can't just go into offline mode and play it though?
Just migrated the game to a new computer and it needs to be played at least once with steam online before its eligable to play offline.

Latest update is I've got the steam issues sorted - I think - it now appears to be a hardware issue - perhaps the new gtx750ti 2Gig vid card.

The 'fun' continues.

FINALLY got it sorted with Skyrim - it seems to be a combination of software and hardware problems.

Installed SKSE, which is an alternative starting shell, configured to run with administrator priveleges, disabled a few conflicting mods and VIOLA !!!

Skyrim now runs smoothly at 1920 X 1080 in full ultra graphics mode, from the static meshes right out to the view distance and shadow quality.

LUSH !!!

FINALLY got it sorted with Skyrim - it seems to be a combination of software and hardware problems.

Installed SKSE, which is an alternative starting shell, configured to run with administrator priveleges, disabled a few conflicting mods and VIOLA !!!

Skyrim now runs smoothly at 1920 X 1080 in full ultra graphics mode, from the static meshes right out to the view distance and shadow quality.

LUSH !!!

Yeah SKSE is amazing, as are some of the lighting mods and stuff that run with it.

Hope you have fun :)

Yeah SKSE is amazing, as are some of the lighting mods and stuff that run with it.

Hope you have fun :)
Yeah running 'immersive saturation boost' and 'realistic lighting overhaul' - together with 'lush grass' and 'lush trees' as well as 'climates of tamriel' plus numerous hd mods it's as close to 'photo realistic' as you will get in a game at the moment - plus running at around about 45 fpm's

YUMMM:)

What I will say is, Warlords of Draenor HYPE!

Man I was playing at launch, and have yet to play more than 3 hours since Friday night due to the insane queues on my server (Frostmourne). I will say that this is the best expac I've played since Burning Crusade, but when it takes 6-8 hours in queue just to play it's just not doable for me. Hoping it eases up this week.

panting for the imminenent release of Elite Dangerous

Elite Dangerous looks amazing, I really want to buy into the beta - but * me it's pricey!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man I was playing at launch, and have yet to play more than 3 hours since Friday night due to the insane queues on my server (Frostmourne). I will say that this is the best expac I've played since Burning Crusade, but when it takes 6-8 hours in queue just to play it's just not doable for me. Hoping it eases up this week.

Elite Dangerous looks amazing, I really want to buy into the beta - but **** me it's pricey!

Yeah the queues were (and are at points) completely effed. Even on Cael and we have a quite low population (although the crappy merger didn't help that).

I'm level 100 now but can't say I've experienced anything amazing... Feels nicer than MoP though.

Anyone gonna be playing GTA5 on PS4?
Probably not.

Can't see myself dishing out another 60 bucks for a game I've already beaten, and have.

Will be getting Far Cry 4 though.

I am late to the party, but I have been playing the s**t out Destiny recently. Anyone that enjoys a combo of FPS with some dungeon crawling elements thrown in should enjoy it.

The story is as bare as anything however, so don't expect much from that side of it. I have no idea why they spent money on Bill Nighy and Peter Dinklage if they weren't going to give them anything interesting to say.

I am late to the party, but I have been playing the s**t out Destiny recently. Anyone that enjoys a combo of FPS with some dungeon crawling elements thrown in should enjoy it.

The story is as bare as anything however, so don't expect much from that side of it. I have no idea why they spent money on Bill Nighy and Peter Dinklage if they weren't going to give them anything interesting to say.

There's a lot of fanservice in Destiny, particularly for Firefly fans. I loved it at first but without 5+ friends playing it on the same console it became impossible to progress. Why they didn't have matchmaking for Raids is beyond me and would have cost them a lot of money for such an easy fix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back