Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone digs high fantasy tactical RPGs - definitely give Dragon Age Inqisition a look in. Stunning graphics and once you get past the slow and s**t intro and into the open world it's brilliant!
What are you playing it on?

If anyone digs high fantasy tactical RPGs - definitely give Dragon Age Inqisition a look in. Stunning graphics and once you get past the slow and s**t intro and into the open world it's brilliant!

is it similar to Skyrim at all? Or a bit more in depth?

is it similar to Skyrim at all? Or a bit more in depth?

DA:O (the first, Inquisition is the third in the series) was a hark back to BioWare, Black Isle and a few other developers of notable CRPG's that were heavily based off of D&D. I'd assume Inquisition takes the same approach as DA2 was very much a failure in the eyes of the fans & BioWare (the developer).

Although I'm a massive CRPG fan I've never quite come to terms with Dragon Age, but a lot of people are absolutely insanely into it, and if you're looking to sink 10s of hours into a single massively developed world, it's the current AAA title on the market to buy.

I really enjoyed inquisition. It's not totally open world like Skyrim is, but the combat is much more strategic (which I like)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Santa is bringing a ps4 into our home. What are the must have games? (Kids and adults)

I don't think there are any 'must-haves' on any next-gen console at the moment, definitely nothing that is exclusive to them. However if you (or your kids) have a particular interest in a certain genre there may be a few titles that are definitely worth picking up. Overall next-gen is pretty stale at the moment (and as expected really). Things should start to pick up in 2015 & 2016.

EDIT: If you don't have a gaming-worthy PC though it's probably worth mentioning that as well.

Santa is bringing a ps4 into our home. What are the must have games? (Kids and adults)

There isn't a hell of a lot of new exclusive games for the PS4, however there are a bunch of last console generation (ps3, 360) games that have been updated for the PS4.

If you haven't played The Last of Us, GTA 5, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor I highly recommend them, all critically acclaimed games from last gen that have been updated one way or the other for the current gen, all look quite stunning, Wolfenstein in particular was a surprisingly fun shooter.

As mentioned above Dragon Age Inquisition and Diablo 3 are good strategic fantasy if you're into that, good fun those, if you're not careful you can sink dangerous amounts of time into those (50 hours+)

Obviously can't go wrong with Madden and Fifa, they look quite stunning too.

If you're looking for an online shooter, Battlefield 4 is awesome although it has it's issues (which i think have been recently updated), I can't suggest you get Destiny as I personally didn't like it, but a fair few of my friends do and continue to play it a few months after it's come out, so that's something you may enjoy more then myself.

As for your kids i currently recommend Rayman Legends and any of the Lego games, haven't played the Lego games but they are very well rated for kids games, Rayman Legends is a weird little game that i really enjoyed that i would consider kid friendly.

But as mentioned above this year was something of a transitional year from last generation to current generation consoles, the next few years will be much better, so probably best to start catching up on games you haven't played before all the good stuff comes out.

Hope I was helpful!

Infamous: second son was pretty good, it's pretty much the only ps4 exclusive game.
Shadow of mordor is good as well but they aren't really games for kids (shadow of mordor has a lot of killing and stabbing with swords/daggers)
Farcry 4 has just come out and got some pretty good reviews but I haven't actually played it yet.

Jump on Destiny mate, it's a great shooter/exploration game. Also Shadow of Mordor would have to be close to game of the year this year.

Kids: Sports games like Fifa, NHL, NBA and Madden all run really well on the PS4. Steamworld Dig is a downloadable platform game that they might enjoy.

Heard GTAV is appropriate for kids.

It teaches necessarily life skills. Like how fast you need to drive to OHKO someone, and which door is the best one to open when hijacking a car. Of course the latter is only pertinent in countries that drive on the right side of the road.

It teaches necessarily life skills. Like how fast you need to drive to OHKO someone, and which door is the best one to open when hijacking a car. Of course the latter is only pertinent in countries that drive on the right side of the road.
Dont forget the math lesson when dealing with hookers

Dont forget the math lesson when dealing with hookers
In all seriousness though (I know that may be unbelievable coming from me :) )
Are you going to get the PS+ subscription since you get at least 2 free games a month with it.
But then I'm not sure how those games fare to kids likings these days :)

Are you going to get the PS+ subscription since you get at least 2 free games a month with it.
Depending on how speedytigers kids are, they'll like it.

Most of it is arcade, indie stuff.

I have avoided it so far from the ps3. I am traditionally very slow to adapt to technologies. I have only recently joined Facebook, just started playing games online! I didn't know you got 2 free games a month. Do you have it? Recommend it?

Depending on how speedytigers kids are, they'll like it.

Most of it is arcade, indie stuff.
My son likes sports mainly, the 5yo girl is the worry. She has an unhealthy liking for violence! Gotta keep an eye on her

Remove this Banner Ad

Back